PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Webisodes: Could it work...

Cykotic
30-May-2006, 01:36 PM
I have an idea but I'm not sure if it will work....

As some of you may know, I was working on a project called "Undead and Buried". That project plummeted into Development Hell and is still there. I've decided to revive it as a websodic series. For those of you who don't know what Webisodes are, here is an explanation I found on Wikipedia...

A webisode is a web based episodic video show. It is similar in structure to a television series and usually new episodes are published on a periodic basis through a website or some other internet based medium. Typically shows have short runs (about 5 episodes) but some go on for much longer. Content varies greatly and sometimes the webisodes are just to push some other content (such as an upcoming film)

Basically, I'm gonna make episodes that last between 5 to 10 minutes and it will run for as long as I can keep thinking of stories for it.

My question is this: do you think a Zombie web-series could work?

DjfunkmasterG
30-May-2006, 03:16 PM
I think it could, but who would do it out of pocket? I wanted to jump aboard something like this when it was mentioned in Dead Discussion. I suggested each HPotD filmmaker direct an episode based off the material agreed upon by a committee. The epidemic is the same and the characters know each other... Kind of like a family

Joe has a cousin that lines in France He thinks about his cousin switch to France and we see the cousin and how he is dealing with it, then vice versa. I still want to do something like this and have everyone buy a subscription to watch the episodes. Each episode could run 30 minutes or so.

I really wanna do this I was hoping more HPotD filmmakers would jump aboard this project.

Cykotic
30-May-2006, 03:35 PM
Well, it's not gonna cost me anything to make this...

I read the post that you were talking about... I'd still love to do that. All we need is for more people to come on-board....

Adrenochrome
30-May-2006, 04:17 PM
Well, it's not gonna cost me anything to make this...

I read the post that you were talking about... I'd still love to do that. All we need is for more people to come on-board....
I'm curious.....how's it not going to cost anything?

DjfunkmasterG
30-May-2006, 05:02 PM
I am sure make-up supplies, blank tapes, Food for the crew, and misc items haven't been taken into account.

Pistolero Films
30-May-2006, 08:09 PM
I voted "No" simply because the bandwidth it would take to stream 5-10 min videos in good quality to thousands and potentially tens of thousands of people relatively in the same time frame would cost an arm and a leg.

It's a good idea, but needs to be refined.

Danny
01-Jun-2006, 01:47 AM
id say yes if you did like blair witch style v-logss sorta things, maybe a survivor raoming the countryside, which theres more of in the uk than you yanks might think.... supposedly,lol.

just go down to your local nature resevre/park/ gravel pits. and wella.

"josh!.. JOOOOSSSH!":lol:

aga
01-Jun-2006, 08:47 PM
Well it wouldn't cost you anything to set up and keep a torrent going and it could stay around indefinately. I know a few places where you'd get a lot of interest and I'm sure people would help out with seeding. There's the lower quality YouTube etc aswell.

Sounds like a good idea, and would be easier to do a few chunks than something feature length, you also have the benefit of constant feedback and praise to keep you going.

Cykotic
05-Jun-2006, 02:40 PM
The series will go out on YouTube and Putfile

Danny
05-Jun-2006, 03:22 PM
id prefer bittorrent i tried watching some of mz's films on putfile and they didnt work and youtubes with someone elses were just green screen.

if you on about torrents heres the best site i know for the more obscure.

http://www.mininova.org/

the stuff on there ranges from long since banned books on alchemy to hellboy comics, so theres a torrent for everyone there.

damn am i contributing today or what?:D