PDA

View Full Version : BBFC rating is in

krakenslayer
12-Jan-2010, 08:00 PM
http://www.bbfc.co.uk/icons/bbfc/182003.gif
Consumer Advice: Contains strong bloody violence and gore

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classified.nsf/ClassifiedWorks/6537a3c529edbca3802576a8003f2f1c?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=4#_Section4

Well, it's gonna be gory at least! :D

Mike70
12-Jan-2010, 08:07 PM
and at 86 minutes i wouldn't recommend blinking often. there are kid movies longer than that.

krakenslayer
12-Jan-2010, 08:17 PM
and at 86 minutes i wouldn't recommend blinking often. there are kid movies longer than that.

Yeah, but remember: US movies converted to PAL format have a 4% shorter run time than the original theatrical film and NTSC formats, due to running at a higher number of frames per second. Its theatrical/NTSC run time is 90 minutes (if that makes any odds) :)

Mike70
12-Jan-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah, but remember: US movies converted to PAL format have a 4% shorter run time than the original theatrical film and NTSC formats, due to running at a higher number of frames per second. Its theatrical/NTSC run time is 90 minutes (if that makes any odds) :)

huh. i didn't know that. it isn't surprising that i don't that because i have zero exp. with anything in PAL.

bassman
12-Jan-2010, 08:32 PM
Like mike I really know nothing about these conversions, but if it's 4 minutes faster.....does that mean the voices and sounds are slightly sped up as well?:confused:

capncnut
12-Jan-2010, 08:37 PM
Well, like Diary, Survival does contain some nice juicy bits, so the classification comes at no surprise.

Like mike I really know nothing about these conversions, but if it's 4 minutes faster.....does that mean the voices and sounds are slightly sped up as well?:confused:
Yup, the Benny Hill cut. :D

krakenslayer
12-Jan-2010, 08:37 PM

Yip, but it's only like 1/25th of a second per second faster so you don't notice any difference whatsoever when watching it. They don't all start talking like chipmunks or anything. :D

Trin
12-Jan-2010, 09:22 PM
Yip, but it's only like 1/25th of a second per second faster so you don't notice any difference whatsoever when watching it. They don't all start talking like chipmunks or anything. :D

Or maybe y'all just talk all fast and chipmunky to begin with so it all sounds normal to you.

Maybe that's how they make it sound normal to you at all.

BillyRay
12-Jan-2010, 09:31 PM
Yup, the Benny Hill cut. :D

Thanks, Capn...now I got running zombies in my head to the tune of "Yackety Sax"...

Mike70
12-Jan-2010, 09:47 PM
Thanks, Capn...now I got running zombies in my head to the tune of "Yackety Sax"...

watch the zombies in the day remake with "yackety sax" on in the background and you will literally howl in laughter.

if i wasn't so damn lazy i'd make a mashup of that for youtube. that would be golden.

bassman
12-Jan-2010, 09:52 PM
if i wasn't so damn lazy i'd make a mashup of that for youtube. that would be golden.

Someone should do this. Seeing the zombies scuttle across the ceiling with that music would make my month!

MinionZombie
13-Jan-2010, 10:27 AM
Or maybe y'all just talk all fast and chipmunky to begin with so it all sounds normal to you.

Maybe that's how they make it sound normal to you at all.
Aye, it's like His Girl Friday up in this bitch on a daily basis, I'm tellin' ya. :D

Woo, 18 rating! That's what I like to hear/see. Now I just want a good DVD package.

krakenslayer
10-Feb-2010, 07:13 PM
The MPAA rating is also ready now: Rated R for Strong Zombie Violence & Gore, Language and Brief Sexuality

Not exactly unexpected, but a little something for everyone, I guess.

DjfunkmasterG
10-Feb-2010, 07:26 PM

When Shaun of the Dead played in theaters the voices seemed pitched down I at first thought I was dreaming, but when i got home from the screening I popped in my DVD screener and sure enough the voices were a higher pitch than the theatrical showing.

The HD DVD and Blu-Ray play the sound at the theatrical speed level which makes the voices sound deeper and slower.

Because BR and HD DVD are PAL or NTSC restricted it gives the most accurate playback of what the cinema experience would be like.