PDA

View Full Version : New 12 inch Bub figure

bassman
12-Jan-2010, 09:50 PM
I remember talking about the 7 inch Bub and Dr Tongues, but I believe this (http://yhst-90184745838282.stores.yahoo.net/893364002632.html) is a new one that hasn't been mentioned yet.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-90184745838282_2086_58104419

I'm not a big fan of figures with material clothing, but the face sculpture is VERY nice.

And if you missed the previous threads, the 7 inchers are now on sale for a little under 20 bucks. Bub comes with the wall he's chained to and Dr Tongue comes with a stand that resembles the street.

Oh....and also Tar Man from ROTLD. If you like that sort of thing. :p

thxleo
13-Jan-2010, 01:43 AM
Your'e only about a year late to the party, bassman. What's really funny is that you actually posted a response to my original post on Feb. 22 2009! Ginkgo biloba might help though. :p

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=13165

bassman
13-Jan-2010, 11:46 AM
:lol:

My bad. I thought we had only seen the 7inch figures.

Welllll.....in case anybody missed it - Here's your reminder! :p

Philly_SWAT
13-Jan-2010, 12:52 PM
Your'e only about a year late to the party, bassman. What's really funny is that you actually posted a response to my original post on Feb. 22 2009! Ginkgo biloba might help though. :p

http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?t=13165

LOL!! That IS funny! bass, you even mentioned then how you didnt like figures with material clothes!:D

On a different note....$70!?! Seems a bit high doesnt it?

darth los
13-Jan-2010, 01:13 PM

That does seem high to me. For this item Anyway.

I guess what you're into determines one's cieling on this sort of thing.

:cool:

bassman
13-Jan-2010, 01:32 PM
LOL!! That IS funny! bass, you even mentioned then how you didnt like figures with material clothes!:D

50-70 bucks is usually what I see for these "collector" 12 inch figures with material clothing. Although this one does seem a bit high for not really offering any accesories. There are 12 inch Ghostbusters figures that come with light up proton packs and such for 60 bucks, so for this bub to go for 70....ehhh, that's a bit steep.

AcesandEights
13-Jan-2010, 01:40 PM
I remember thinking how cool this looked the first time I saw it.

krakenslayer
13-Jan-2010, 01:43 PM
I remember thinking how cool this looked the first time I saw it.

Mm... the fabric on the clothing is too thick. Kinda looks like he's wearing foam rubber or toddler's clothes.

AcesandEights
13-Jan-2010, 02:07 PM
Mm... the fabric on the clothing is too thick.
It's compromise between having actual fabric (and not a continuing lump of plastic 'clothing') and also not having thin fabric that will disintegrate over a short time period or from very little wear.

Kinda looks like he's wearing foam rubber or toddler's clothes.

Apropos, then. Didn't Sherman Howard liken his approach to aspects of the role as that of a small child or toddler? :D

darth los
13-Jan-2010, 02:20 PM
Also, the jacket itself doesn't look nearly as tattered as it did in the film, imo.

But all of this is nitpicking. Considering the niche' this stuff is in we should be thankful they make these things at all.

Although, I suppose that the flipside of that would be if you're going to do something, do it right.

bassman
13-Jan-2010, 02:27 PM
I know they're different sized figures, but these guys should take a hint from NECA's Dawn line. Those figures are flawless, imo. Everytime I walk by them i'm still impressed with the quality.

All of NECA's lines are awesome, actually. And the plastic clothing looks much better than fabric.

AcesandEights
13-Jan-2010, 02:29 PM
All of NECA's lines are awesome, actually. And the plastic clothing looks much better than fabric.

To some dirty fetishist, maybe :p

bassman
13-Jan-2010, 02:30 PM
To some dirty fetishist, maybe :p

I made some tiny edible panties for the airport zombie.:o

Kaos
13-Jan-2010, 02:40 PM
I sometimes collect this type of stuff. I paid $30 at one of the Horrorfind conventions for this 12 inch Sideshow figure;
http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery2/gallery/d/60902-6/8.jpg

darth los
13-Jan-2010, 02:40 PM

I'm not touching that one.

I'm sure thxleo will get to it tho. :lol:

Why the airport zombie. Why not the nurse atleast? :p

bassman
13-Jan-2010, 02:49 PM
Why the airport zombie. Why not the nurse atleast? :p

Was there a nurse figure? If there was, I don't have that one. So for now the logo dude gets the cherry flavored under garments.

And please do fill us in on the dirty little secret between you and Thxleo.:D

AcesandEights
13-Jan-2010, 02:50 PM

I knew it :lol:

I will admit though that the NECA figure does look badass!

darth los
13-Jan-2010, 02:59 PM
And please do fill us in on the dirty little secret between you and Thxleo.:D

I knew you couldn't resist. :lol:

bassman
13-Jan-2010, 03:08 PM
All figure fetish talk aside.....does anybody here actually own one of those 7 inch Dr. Tongue or Bub figures?

AcesandEights
13-Jan-2010, 03:19 PM
All figure fetish talk aside.....does anybody here actually own one of those 7 inch Dr. Tongue or Bub figures?

Nah, I confine my spending to other areas of my nerdy lifestyle (i.e. next month I will buy several books for the Pathfinder PNP RPG) and save towards a new PC/laptop. Figures are not generally my thing when it comes to Romero movies, though there is a poster/print I was turned onto here that I am looking for to add to my mancave. :)

bassman
13-Jan-2010, 03:23 PM
though there is a poster/print I was turned onto here that I am looking for to add to my mancave. :)

Please tell me you're not buying the 90+ dollar folded and soiled creepshow poster.:stunned::lol:

My mancave is lined with figures. There's a shelf that runs around about 80% of the room and it's filled with many of my 6-7 inch movie figures.

No 12 inches, though. For the same reasons as mentioned before: The material clothing.

darth los
13-Jan-2010, 03:25 PM

As it so happens figures are not my thing. I'm more into autographed memorabilia and props.

thxleo
13-Jan-2010, 03:45 PM
I'm more into autographed memorabilia and props.

I collect memorabilia and props as well. My prized piece is the Dawn of the Dead airport zombie bust that Greg Nicotero sculpted and one of the guys at KNB painted for me. I've got that in a museum case. I've got one of those replica Star Wars Stormtrooper helmets by Andrew Ainsworth's Shepperton Design Studio. I've got a Back to the Future flux capacitor, an Aliens motion tracker, and a Robocop gun...to name a few.
I have original one sheet movie posters, authentic ones, not cheap reprints. I've got The Terminator, Apocalypse Now, Taxi Driver, The Empire Strikes Back, The Shawshank Redemption, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Night of the living dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, just to name a few.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

I've got both of those, but I've left them in their packaging. I think they look great.

bassman
13-Jan-2010, 03:58 PM
I've got both of those, but I've left them in their packaging. I think they look great.

Good news. If they look good in the package they should look just fine out of it.:cool:

darth los
13-Jan-2010, 04:12 PM
Good news. If they look good in the package they should look just fine out of it.:cool:

But their value will be greatly diminished. :(

I collect memorabilia and props as well. My prized piece is the Dawn of the Dead airport zombie bust that Greg Nicotero sculpted and one of the guys at KNB painted for me. I've got that in a museum case. I've got one of those replica Star Wars Stormtrooper helmets by Andrew Ainsworth's Shepperton Design Studio. I've got a Back to the Future flux capacitor, an Aliens motion tracker, and a Robocop gun...to name a few.
I have original one sheet movie posters, authentic ones, not cheap reprints. I've got The Terminator, Apocalypse Now, Taxi Driver, The Empire Strikes Back, The Shawshank Redemption, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Night of the living dead, Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, just to name a few.[COLOR="Silver"]

Show off. :p

You ever have someone make you feel this small? It just happened to me. ! :lol:

Seriously tho. That's impressive. It must have cost you serious coin.

bassman
13-Jan-2010, 05:01 PM

I don't really care. I want them for show. The only figures I don't open are Ghostbusters. But even then I buy two of each, so I have the open one on display and the boxed one is nestled away in storage.

thxleo - you ever posted pictures of your collection? I would like to see some of that if you ever have the time.

darth los
13-Jan-2010, 05:15 PM
I don't really care. I want them for show. The only figures I don't open are Ghostbusters. But even then I buy two of each, so I have the open one on display and the boxed one is nestled away in storage.

thxleo - you ever posted pictures of your collection? I would like to see some of that if you ever have the time.

Well, excuse me !! :p

But the buying doubles thing is always a good idea. An avid collector is avid because he absolutely fanatical about it. Therefore it would stand to reason that he would also want to interact with with the collectible he bought. Buying two solves both problems.

Good shit !! :thumbsup:

capncnut
13-Jan-2010, 05:18 PM
I would never sell any of my figures but I still don't take them out of the box, which I suppose is a bit backward to most people. I got em all hanging up on the wall: Dr Tongue, Bub, Flyboy, Hare Krishna, Plaid Boy... got Captain Spaulding, The Tall Man, Michael Myers, Regan from The Exorcist, etc.

Even got my old Planet Of The Apes dolls from the seventies - those are not in their original packaging but are in excellent condition.

darth los
13-Jan-2010, 05:27 PM
I would never sell any of my figures but I still don't take them out of the box, which I suppose is a bit backward to most people. I got em all hanging up on the wall: Dr Tongue, Bub, Flyboy, Hare Krishna, Plaid Boy... got Captain Spaulding, The Tall Man, Michael Myers, Regan from The Exorcist, etc.

Even got my old Planet Of The Apes dolls from the seventies - those are not in their original packaging but are in excellent condition.

You guys are killing me and putting me to shame. lol

I definitely need to visit the memorabilia page here more often and step my game up.

thxleo
13-Jan-2010, 08:54 PM
Here are a few pics of some of the stuff I've collected over the years. The last photo is of a sign with the old style Monroeville Mall logo on it. That sign hung in the mall forever until they started renovating it back in 2002. You can see it a couple of times in the movie way in the background.
http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs185.snc3/19264_1292538844584_1563671083_30753749_6967822_n. jpg
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs165.snc3/19264_1292538884585_1563671083_30753750_2196955_n. jpg
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs165.snc3/19264_1292538924586_1563671083_30753751_35570_n.jp g
http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs165.snc3/19264_1292538964587_1563671083_30753752_2074758_n. jpg
http://hphotos-snc3.fbcdn.net/hs165.snc3/19264_1292539004588_1563671083_30753753_8272360_n. jpg

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

Show off. :p

You ever have someone make you feel this small? It just happened to me. ! :lol:

Seriously tho. That's impressive. It must have cost you serious coin.

Well, I don't have kids for one thing. I don't drink or smoke, so I don't blow my money on those types of vices. I just spend my money on nerdy stuff instead. :D

Philly_SWAT
13-Jan-2010, 11:14 PM

I have the Bub figure.

axlish
13-Jan-2010, 11:46 PM
I have the Bub 7" figure... and his name was Robert Paulson.

darth los
14-Jan-2010, 12:18 AM
Well, I don't have kids for one thing. I don't drink or smoke, so I don't blow my money on those types of vices. I just spend my money on nerdy stuff instead. :D

Damn, I'm guilty as charged on all counts. :lol::lol:

Philly_SWAT
14-Jan-2010, 12:44 AM
I have the Bub 7" figure... and his name was Robert Paulson.

LOL...not sure I get how the FC reference relates to the 7" figure...but funny none-the-less!