PDA

View Full Version : any more dead set for me?

Billythezombie
14-Jan-2010, 05:14 PM
Does anyone know if they made any more seasons of the uk series "Dead Set". I really quite enjoyed the show, but i only saw the one season and would like to know if there are anymore :3

krakenslayer
14-Jan-2010, 05:21 PM
It was just a short-format miniseries - basically a TV movie split over several episodes - not a continuing show. :(

Billythezombie
14-Jan-2010, 05:26 PM
awwww darn that really sucks!!! It was pretty good too.

Andy
14-Jan-2010, 05:30 PM
I Think there's rumours that they want to make a sequel series but only rumours.

capncnut
14-Jan-2010, 06:12 PM
Sequel rumours were around after the series aired. Was to be set during the same outbreak but from the point of view of a family watching the Big Brother show. Rumours have since died.

Billythezombie
14-Jan-2010, 06:33 PM
Oh well too bad really..It was quite a interesting and somewhat unique show. I also really liked the zombies in it, they looked legit!

Philly_SWAT
16-Jan-2010, 08:34 PM
I am glad you mentioned it anyway, I got it after you mentioned it. Havent watched it yet, but I will let you know my thoughts when I get around to watching.

capncnut
17-Jan-2010, 01:45 AM
Oh well too bad really..It was quite a interesting and somewhat unique show. I also really liked the zombies in it, they looked legit!
Well, don't be disheartened, Emmy. Since it was re-released in the UK late last year, Channel Four may resurrect it. As far as I'm concerned, Dead Set is the best thing that happened to zombie shit since Day Of The Dead.

bassman
17-Jan-2010, 02:00 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Dead Set is the best thing that happened to zombie shit since Day Of The Dead.

Day of the Dead was awesome! I loved Bud the vegetarian zombie!!!

Hopefully Dead Set will air in the states someday...

Mr.G
17-Jan-2010, 03:16 AM
Hopefully Dead Set will air in the states someday...

Or get a region 1 release....PLEASE!

capncnut
17-Jan-2010, 05:16 AM
Day of the Dead was awesome! I loved Bud the vegetarian zombie!!!
Jase, don't be comparing Ghey 08 to Dead Set. Trust me, it rocks asses.

bassman
17-Jan-2010, 12:39 PM
Jase, don't be comparing Ghey 08 to Dead Set. Trust me, it rocks asses.

I wasn't comparing. Just stating how great Day of the Dead 08 is. Bud is the coolest zombie ever.:D

fartpants
17-Jan-2010, 04:51 PM
I wasn't comparing. Just stating how great Day of the Dead 08 is. Bud is the coolest zombie ever.:D

are you serious Bassman ??

krakenslayer
17-Jan-2010, 05:10 PM
are you serious Bassman ??

Obvious joke is obvious :p

Philly_SWAT
21-Jan-2010, 01:46 AM
I sure as hell HOPE he was joking...

Mike70
21-Jan-2010, 01:52 AM

:lol::lol::lol:

ah, that's great.

on a serious note: dead set is one of the best zombie things ever. EVER.

i prefer it to just about everything else i've seen in the genre.

Billythezombie
21-Jan-2010, 08:42 PM
yeeep me too mike...its pretty good! I was suprised at how just good the zombies were in the show.I thought they were gonna be lame and corny, but suprisingly, they rocked!!! I loved the fact how they ran too.

Philly_SWAT
24-Jan-2010, 09:23 PM
yeeep me too mike...its pretty good! I was suprised at how just good the zombies were in the show.I thought they were gonna be lame and corny, but suprisingly, they rocked!!! I loved the fact how they ran too.

I still havent watched Dead Set yet, but I did look up some screen shots online, and the makeup is very good.