PDA

View Full Version : Exact Dimensions of the Monroeville Mall

Philly_SWAT
14-Jan-2010, 11:15 PM
Does anyone have them, or know where they exist online?

I am not talking about the floor plan, I have the floor plan. I mean like how far in feet from one end to the other, length and width of JC Penny's etc. Not sure if there is a name for what I am looking for (blueprints? prob not) but I was curious.

capncnut
14-Jan-2010, 11:23 PM
Mall Of The Dead (http://www.mallofthedead.net/) is the closest you're gonna get, Phil.

krakenslayer
14-Jan-2010, 11:33 PM
You planning a heist or something, Philly? :D

Philly_SWAT
15-Jan-2010, 03:29 AM

LOL, no just want to mess around with this 3-D modeling program I just downloaded.

I wouldnt want to rip off the place, that would be like stealing from a church!;)

strayrider
15-Jan-2010, 06:08 AM
Does anyone have them, or know where they exist online?

I am not talking about the floor plan, I have the floor plan. I mean like how far in feet from one end to the other, length and width of JC Penny's etc. Not sure if there is a name for what I am looking for (blueprints? prob not) but I was curious.

Try contacting Oxford Development Company. I believe they contracted the construction of the mall when they were known as Don-Mark Reality. Tell them your name is "Swatumma bin Laden el Philly" and that you want to know the EXACT dimensions so that you can lay out a realistic 3D model of the mall because you want to lease some vacant store frontage and you need to determine how many people are in a specific area at any given time... for business purposes. Speak in broken English and if they refuse your request scream: "I KEEL YOU!"

Either that, or ESTIMATE using the floor plans that you already have.

Spandex ...

:D

-stray-

sandrock74
18-Jan-2010, 11:01 PM

LOL! That's exactly what I was thinking. :lol:

Maybe Philly can put together an elite team of 11 of us from the forum here! "Philly's Eleven". Then we can make out our elaborate plan of...........something. I dunno what. Locating and stealing the infamous high school football schedule? That could probably fetch a dollar or two on e-bay.

I never said this was a plan for the money, it's a labor of love!

darth los
19-Jan-2010, 01:27 PM

If it does go down I can just see philly and an accomplice taking a picture like Peter and Stephen did on the bank's security cam congradulating each other, loot in hand ! :lol:

:cool:

krakenslayer
19-Jan-2010, 03:05 PM

Maybe Philly can put together an elite team of 11 of us from the forum here! "Philly's Eleven". Then we can make out our elaborate plan of...........something. I dunno what. Locating and stealing the infamous high school football schedule? That could probably fetch a dollar or two on e-bay.

I never said this was a plan for the money, it's a labor of love!

Or we could break in, barricade ourselves in the security room and play The Gonk and a selection of Goblin/library music for hours on a continuous loop throughout the mall, in protest to the shitty attitude the ownership (apparently) have towards fans of the films. :D

darth los
19-Jan-2010, 03:39 PM
Or we could break in, barricade ourselves in the security room and play The Gonk and a selection of Goblin/library music for hours on a continuous loop throughout the mall, in protest to the shitty attitude the ownership (apparently) have towards fans of the films. :D

I'd wager you wouldn't even have to break in to do that. I'm sure if you greased a few palms it could happen.

:cool:

AcesandEights
19-Jan-2010, 04:30 PM
At first when I saw the thread title I thought you might just want square footage, but precise measurements like what you're looking for will be tough to find. Still, that info is out there...somewhere and some good ideas already popped up on how to get it.

What about the possibility of the floor plans having to be on file with the local zoning board/town office etc.? Use that freedom of information act, Philly!

bassman
19-Jan-2010, 04:36 PM
What about the possibility of the floor plans having to be on file with the local zoning board/town office etc.? Use that freedom of information act, Philly!

That's what I was thinking. Should be able to get it from the local courthouse or records department.

sandrock74
19-Jan-2010, 10:40 PM

I'm all for that!

JDFP
19-Jan-2010, 11:26 PM
Bah humbug on the Monroeville Mall!

I spent over $5 dollars in an hour there and they refused to give me a free bag of hard candy! It says in the movie I can get a free bag of hard candy if my purchases equal $5 or more within an hour's time! I call that false advertising in the absolute worst way possible! I'm still utterly and absolutely disappointed and won't be back... :rant:

:)

Seriously though, I wonder if any of the folks that work there (mall mgmnt., etc.) might be DAWN fans and occasionally mess around with the mall speaker/announcement system to play "The Gonk". You know, if I worked there, I probably wouldn't last it a week before mall security would know my full name...

j.p.

Mr.G
19-Jan-2010, 11:55 PM
I need to plan on trip there this summer. I live TOO close not to.

Philly_SWAT
20-Jan-2010, 02:18 AM
Bah humbug on the Monroeville Mall!

I spent over $5 dollars in an hour there and they refused to give me a free bag of hard candy! It says in the movie I can get a free bag of hard candy if my purchases equal $5 or more within an hour's time! I call that false advertising in the absolute worst way possible! I'm still utterly and absolutely disappointed and won't be back... :rant:

LOL!:lol:

Seriously though, I wonder if any of the folks that work there (mall mgmnt., etc.) might be DAWN fans and occasionally mess around with the mall speaker/announcement system to play "The Gonk". You know, if I worked there, I probably wouldn't last it a week before mall security would know my full name...

j.p.Dude, if I worked there, I would be planning on how to drive around in there at night.....and would try to get hold of a 1978 Siracco to do it!

I need to plan on trip there this summer. I live TOO close not to.Yes, you do need to.

Mike70
20-Jan-2010, 03:19 AM
ok. this has been percolating for a few days, so here goes.

HPOTD productions presents

The Monroeville Eleven

starring:

phillyswat as the man who wants to whip 'em and get it all.

krakenslayer as the scottish engineer (aren't they all scottish in movies?) who is gonna figure that damn vault out if it kills him, unless cirrhosis of the liver kills him first. likes drinking old scotch out of pepsi cans.

kortick as the criminal mastermind behind the plan. he's turned a one-eyed hooker pimping business into an mini empire and is ready for the big score.

Minionzombie as the ex-SAS dude turned international cat burglar. almost stole the crown jewels once before a ripping curry fart set off the alarms.

tricky as MZ's SAS buddy who is just looking for a thrill and some american chicks to spend his cash on.

SRP as the surveillance expert. he's there to disable the security cameras amid an endless stream of dry humor one-liners.

capncnut as britian's greatest bank robber. 26 heists, £19.3 million, and 12 minutes in jail before disabling his female guard with a flying tbag. his personal motto: i love the sounds of pounds.

mike70: bored of academic life, he's decided to turn his cryptography skills toward sticking it to the man.

bassman: the operations guy. he's the dude in the van with an endless array of cameras and radios, keeping a watchful eye on the whole shindig.

axlish: there isn't a man alive who knows monroeville mall better. he's killed them all.

slickwilly: a master of all the forms of kung fu. he studied for years among blind monks in tibet and is ready to put his ass kicking skills to good use: lining his pockets with mega cash. his fists and feet will be the last thing security sees for 3 days.

that's a frickin' nefarious group of individuals there.