PDA

View Full Version : Well... Just ordered "Cell"...

Neil
03-Mar-2006, 09:03 PM
God knows when I'll have time to read it, but I like the idea of the story (the little I've heard of it) so what the hell!

axlish
03-Mar-2006, 09:36 PM
I am about 50 pages into it and I like what I have read so far.

I got him to sign it for me at a lecture last Sunday Night, as well as my Creepshow and The Dark Half laserdiscs.

AssassinFromHell
03-Mar-2006, 09:41 PM
My girlfriend loved it. I still need to get around to reading it. lol. I've been busy as hell lately...

Sounds great though. Romero should make the movie. :D

Arcades057
04-Mar-2006, 04:57 AM
You'll either love it or hate it. I loved the first 100-or so pages, but it went downhill for me after that.

idsaluteyoubub
04-Mar-2006, 06:07 AM
Im definately going to pick it up...as soon as I am done with his Dark Tower Series. I need to pick up book 5.

erisi236
04-Mar-2006, 02:27 PM
good read, but that ending.... :dead:

I think someone left out a chapter or two, seriously

Adrenochrome
04-Mar-2006, 02:30 PM
good read, but that ending.... :dead:

I think someone left out a chapter or two, seriously
Agreed.
when I started reading it, I thought I was in for a rare treat from King.....then......................well, you know.

Cereval
04-Mar-2006, 02:49 PM
God knows when I'll have time to read it, but I like the idea of the story (the little I've heard of it) so what the hell!

This is why I bought the audio book version. I've been listening to it on my drives for the past week or so ... I'm on about chapter 21 and I'm loving it! :D

Neil
04-Mar-2006, 04:22 PM
This is why I bought the audio book version. I've been listening to it on my drives for the past week or so ... I'm on about chapter 21 and I'm loving it! :D

There's an audio book version? Damn! I like audio books! Is it done well?

LoSTBoY
04-Mar-2006, 04:54 PM
I'm looking forward to it myself.

I wonder if it will have any links to the Dark Tower like most of his other books, considering the end of the DT series. :sneaky:

I doubt it though, he ain't going back to that as far as I know, so it will be interesting to read one of his stories without it tying into the DT Books.

Cereval
04-Mar-2006, 05:20 PM
There's an audio book version? Damn! I like audio books! Is it done well?

Read by Campbell Scott ... it's excellent. :D

AcesandEights
04-Mar-2006, 05:21 PM
I'll definitely pick it up, but probably in a few months, as I just have too many books going right now. As far as endings go, I just don't expect any strong endgame scenarios from King in any of his books.

idsaluteyoubub
04-Mar-2006, 07:33 PM
Yea, King is basically known as the King of horror fiction, and the King of lackluster endings...

Adrenochrome
04-Mar-2006, 11:10 PM
Yea, King is basically known as the King of horror fiction, and the King of lackluster endings...
What did you think of The Regulators and Desperation? I can't remember which came out first, they may have been released at the same time.....those were very nice reads.

idsaluteyoubub
04-Mar-2006, 11:20 PM
What did you think of The Regulators and Desperation? I can't remember which came out first, they may have been released at the same time.....those were very nice reads.

I havent read those yet...and I think Desperation came first, but I may be wrong.

I wished I read those before the DT Series cause I hear you learn a bit more about the Series through those books. Same with Insomnia and one other...I forget what one..

Adrenochrome
04-Mar-2006, 11:39 PM
I havent read those yet...and I think Desperation came first, but I may be wrong.

I wished I read those before the DT Series cause I hear you learn a bit more about the Series through those books. Same with Insomnia and one other...I forget what one..
Bag of Bones

erisi236
11-Apr-2006, 06:30 PM
so Neil did you finish the book yet? What did you think? :)

Neil
11-Apr-2006, 07:16 PM
so Neil did you finish the book yet? What did you think? :)

70 pages in...

erisi236
11-Apr-2006, 07:22 PM
70 pages in...

:eek:

thats about a days worth of reading for me :D

Zombie Dollie
11-Apr-2006, 07:34 PM
I purchased that book about a week after it came out, it was a treat for me I'm a big Stephen King Fan, but yeah the ending is a bit dissapointing I was expecting more. But overall it is now one of my favourite books. <3 People say they thought there wasn't as much depth into the characters as there should have been and etc. but overall I loved it, the plot was very good and interesting even though there are some minor things that get me mostly because I over-analyzed it too much. It's a great apocolypse end of the world story and a fun read, plenty of gore and blood and lots of twists and turns in the story. Some people didn't like it because they compared it to Kings other works, but if you'd never read a Stephen King book and just picked up this one by chance you're in for a great story.

HLS
11-Apr-2006, 07:34 PM
I have not read a book in 15 years. I know that is sad.

MikePizzoff
11-Apr-2006, 08:16 PM
Anybody read The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon??? I just finished that. Pretty good short read from Stephen King.

Zombie Dollie
11-Apr-2006, 08:37 PM
Anybody read The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon??? I just finished that. Pretty good short read from Stephen King.

Yesss!!! That's another of my favourites! My dad had bought it for me one year for christmas and I read it in about 4 hours! I could not put it down, it's a great short story very physcological and has that creepiness about it because of how it could happen. Just last night I was talking to my friend about it because she asked what it was about (I keep my bookshelf close to my bed and she pointed it out) what luck you mentioned it. ^^ Good book it has quite the funny parts too like the Hershey Squirts I know that's disgusting but that part of the book made me laugh because I know a few people that have said that before. I liked how in the book you could tell she was slowly losing reality and etc...especially with the bear type creature? Hard to recall for me I think I should reread that book, all I know is it definetly made me rethink going hiking in the woods with my cousins, they thought I was crazy haha.

lamf
19-Apr-2006, 12:43 AM
Cell started out really well but towards the end I was just trying to finish it up, I was hoping for something more in scope of the Stand.

Danny
19-Apr-2006, 12:51 AM
I am about 50 pages into it and I like what I have read so far.

I got him to sign it for me at a lecture last Sunday Night, as well as my Creepshow and The Dark Half laserdiscs.

forgive my squirelly ignorance, but what the hells a lazerdisc?:confused:

I have not read a book in 15 years. I know that is sad.

really?, thats incomprehensible to me, i regularly go through at least 3 a week, when the last harry potter came out i finished it in like 4 hours...

...what?

DjfunkmasterG
19-Apr-2006, 01:36 AM
I made some comments about cell in and another post made by Neil about Cell.