PDA

View Full Version : Look at this little bastard...

capncnut
17-Jan-2010, 11:04 PM
...Tony Royster, Jr. Aged twelve.

WPncumXZExo
He now drums for Jay-Z. What a waste of talent! :dead:

fartpants
18-Jan-2010, 09:46 AM
wow i bet he would kick ass at Rock Band lol

DubiousComforts
20-Jan-2010, 04:33 AM
The kid's great, but these preteen Asian GIRLS kick serious ass without the benefit of pro-shot video or audio:

4XsYuHbXZUk
Don't you just love the polite bow and applause at the end? She just played the freakin' bassline with her FEET!

liWGp37npZU

d-Hnumo_FlY
For the record, those two adult dooffuses on guitar and bass completely botch Freewill while the 10-year smokes all the drum fills *and* sings all lyrics in English. I was lucky if I could speak properly at that age.

DjfunkmasterG
20-Jan-2010, 10:04 AM
...Tony Royster, Jr. Aged twelve.

WPncumXZExo
He now drums for Jay-Z. What a waste of talent! :dead:

That is a waste of talent.

That kid is good.:D

jded
20-Jan-2010, 07:30 PM
Don't you just love the polite bow and applause at the end? She just played the freakin' bassline with her FEET!

Wonder if the Rush trio have seen this? They might feel proud and more humble than they already are. I love their instrumentals and most everything else. Can't remember the name to that tune she's playing but I definitely recognize it as Rush. My all time favorite instrumental is "La Villa Strangiato."

The little drummer boy will end up playing for Jay-Z and by the time he's 16 he will lose interest in the drums and decide he wants to start his own clothing and cologne line. You think?

bassman
20-Jan-2010, 07:52 PM
Can't remember the name to that tune she's playing but I definitely recognize it as Rush.

YYZ. It's displayed on the youtube link, as well.:p

Now can anyone tell me what YYZ means? Without looking it up....

Anyway....It's pretty damn cool that girl can play it herself. And the little boy is very good. Too bad he's wasting talent on rap...

DubiousComforts
20-Jan-2010, 08:10 PM
Now can anyone tell me what YYZ means? Without looking it up....
It's the Toronto Airport code. The rhythm that Peart taps out at the beginning of the song is the Morse Code for "YYZ."

Every RUSH freak knows this, even Robert Telleria. ;)

Wonder if the Rush trio have seen this? They might feel proud and more humble than they already are.
:thumbsup: Check out their latest instrumental The Main Monkey Business.

capncnut
20-Jan-2010, 09:35 PM
The little drummer boy will end up playing for Jay-Z and by the time he's 16 he will lose interest in the drums and decide he wants to start his own clothing and cologne line. You think?
He's 20 now. ;)

rongravy
20-Jan-2010, 10:15 PM
Wow on the Asian girls. I've seen enough adults try their hands at Rush and fare alot worse.

I had a friend, who although he loved Rush with a passion, he couldn't even air guitar/bass/drum it for shit. He'd want to adopt those girls if he ever saw this...

jded
21-Jan-2010, 02:25 AM
YYZ. It's displayed on the youtube link, as well.:p

Ah yeah! YYZ. You know I must have looked right at it or out the corner of my eye. There's no mistaking Rush either.

It's the Toronto Airport code. The rhythm that Peart taps out at the beginning of the song is the Morse Code for "YYZ."

Every RUSH freak knows this, even Robert Telleria. ;)

:thumbsup: Check out their latest instrumental The Main Monkey Business.

I did not know this, guess I'm not a freak. Neil Peart is a drum god, along with Bonham and Moon. My god get a load of Bonham and that triplet feel on a single bass drum no less. Matt Cameron from the original Soundgarden lineup is pretty freakin awesome too. If you go back and listen you'll surely hear the technical expertise.

You know Rush may have quite possibily played Main Monkey Business when I saw them on the Snakes and Arrows tour and never knew it. Peart's solo was amazing but Geddy's voice was cracking throughout the whole show as he tried to hit those long ago high notes. They had rotisserie's on stage and a chef come out to check on doneness. In the end I'm glad I had the chance to see them live. I wish I'd of seen them in their prime.

He's 20 now. ;)

Well I take it back then. Too bad still, cuz he's certainly way above Jay-Z's league and must be ten times better now that he's eight years older.

Mike70
21-Jan-2010, 10:41 PM
speaking of kid drummers that can rock out, check out this 14 year old girl beat the skins to "achilles last stand."

somewhere john bonham has a big smile on his face.

Y5N77CYUiYE

Hopegiver
22-Jan-2010, 01:48 AM
Made me think of my favorite drum solo from Sheila E.
This is from Prince's "Sign 'O The Times" DVD:

Just wait until after Levi Seacer, Jr.'s bass solo...

TF3yO4hqfN8

jded
22-Jan-2010, 06:57 PM
Damn ain't she something? Sheila E. Talented and super sexy at the same time.

Now why didn't Prince make an offer to that Tony Royster Jr. ? I don't know, maybe he did. See that's where the kid needs to be, with seasoned musicians. I read somewhere that Prince is fluent in like 15 different instruments.

Hopegiver
22-Jan-2010, 07:10 PM
... I read somewhere that Prince is fluent in like 15 different instruments.

Back on the oprah show ...i think he says over 21. I am sure this includes variations on some on the same classification but still...

Just about as awesome as he can be!!

jded
22-Jan-2010, 07:25 PM
Back on the oprah show ...i think he says over 21. I am sure this includes variations on some on the same classification but still...

Just about as awesome as he can be!!

Your kidding! 21? I'll tell you back in the day I used to think most of the 80's music was synthed and manufactured by mainly useless and musically illiterate glam, flash in the pan one hit wonder types. I always had this notion that Prince was just a front man, and if he was singing he was probably air guitaring the whole time. Wrong! Even though he's playing a funky toy looking purple guitar, it is genuine notes arranged properly and played by him. It is possible that he orchestrates everything to his liking and has others play his arrangements.