PDA

View Full Version : World's Largest Zombie Memorabilia Collection

archivesofthede
18-Jan-2010, 10:30 PM
Hey guys. It has been over a year since I posted my Zombie Memorabilia Collection online. But, today I have updated my photos on Myspace and have added a lot more to my collection.

Unfortunately, I am considering the idea of selling it all off due to recent family medical reasons (Breast Cancer) and our lack of money as a result.

You can see all the photos here:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhotos&albumID=2536970

The only thing not pictured is all my posters and most of my 1-sheets. I have them in tubes and boxes. I didn't really have enough room to photograph them too.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/126/l_a2cab5d36e4c48bcb77322bd3d65b10b.jpg

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/145/l_e75d92f1b0d54ba0b3efe9fff9e7df0d.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/138/l_3c26b468d9a64c3fa3ab6f9342711173.jpg

Philly_SWAT
18-Jan-2010, 10:54 PM
Impressive collection. Sorry to hear of the illness. Shoudl I assume you are a convention dealer or something? I assume so with the mulitple copies of stuff you have.

archivesofthede
18-Jan-2010, 11:44 PM
Thanks. Ah.. No, I am not a dealer. It is my personal collection. I guess it has been awhile since I posted here. Sorry.

darth los
18-Jan-2010, 11:53 PM
It's still more than i have. Impresive. :thumbsup:

:cool:

Mike70
19-Jan-2010, 12:28 AM
so, i guess this has been certified by guinness book? looks like a whole lot of multiple copies.

yawn and snooze.

capncnut
19-Jan-2010, 12:35 AM
It's very impressive, but it's not the 'Worlds Largest Zombie Collection'. Not by a long shot. I know someone whose Dawn collection alone is twice as big.

archivesofthede
19-Jan-2010, 01:16 AM
so, i guess this has been certified by guinness book? looks like a whole lot of multiple copies.

yawn and snooze.

Wtf?

It's very impressive, but it's not the 'Worlds Largest Zombie Collection'. Not by a long shot. I know someone whose Dawn collection alone is twice as big.

We researched last year back when AOTD was up and running. Nobody could produce one. I'd love to see photos if there is another.

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

There are only a few multi-copies of anything and I can count them on my hand.

If you seem more than one item it is because it was either A a reissue or B an overseas version.

As for the figures, there are different ones with same art.

capncnut
19-Jan-2010, 01:22 AM
We researched last year back when AOTD was up and running. Nobody could produce one. I'd love to see photos if there is another.
Couldn't tell you who the guy was but a few years ago on MySpace, during a random search, I saw a guy who had a whole garage full of Dawn memorabilia. Almost every single edition/version on VHS/DVD/LD worldwide. Same as the soundtrack album, book, posters, figures, masks, props, weapons, you name it. The whole garage space was full to the brim, and vastly more than what you have posted in that photo. Don't get me wrong, it's a big collection, but I've definitely seen bigger.

Mike70
19-Jan-2010, 01:32 AM
Wtf?

did i stutter? you are talking shit about this being "the world's biggest blah, blah, blah." better to say "this is my collection what do you think." this "world's largest" crap comes off as pretentious as hell and sounds like you are trying to impress us all with your ability to spend money on this shit.

on another note: don't send me anyone more PMs. period. just don't.

archivesofthede
19-Jan-2010, 02:12 AM
did i stutter? you are talking shit about this being "the world's biggest blah, blah, blah." better to say "this is my collection what do you think." this "world's largest" crap comes off as pretentious as hell and sounds like you are trying to impress us all with your ability to spend money on this shit.

on another note: don't send me anyone more PMs. period. just don't.

You're right. It was poor choice of words, but I was trying to be fun about it and that was my intent. Sorry, I posted at all. I just wanted to share it with you guys before it got broken up and sold off.

Mike70
19-Jan-2010, 02:20 AM
You're right. It was poor choice of words, but I was trying to be fun about it and that was my intent. Sorry, I posted at all. I just wanted to share it with you guys before it got broken up and sold off.

sorry if come off as an abrasive, cynical dickhead. i'm pretty flat out about stuff. that can rub a lot of people in the wrong way but it is just how i am. i really meant no personal offense. we should all be able to handle being challenged about things we post. hades knows that i have been on many occasions.

archivesofthede
19-Jan-2010, 02:36 AM
sorry if come off as an abrasive, cynical dickhead. but i'm pretty flat out about stuff. that can rub a lot of people in the wrong way but it is just how i am. i really meant no personal offense. we should all be able to handle being challenged about things we post. hades knows that i have been on many occasions.

It's all good. :D

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 AM ----------

Couldn't tell you who the guy was but a few years ago on MySpace, during a random search, I saw a guy who had a whole garage full of Dawn memorabilia. Almost every single edition/version on VHS/DVD/LD worldwide. Same as the soundtrack album, book, posters, figures, masks, props, weapons, you name it. The whole garage space was full to the brim, and vastly more than what you have posted in that photo. Don't get me wrong, it's a big collection, but I've definitely seen bigger.

Sorry, I missed this. Yeah, I was just playing around. I sure would like to see it though. Expecially in person! I can't believe it is in a garage. Wow!

I know last year (I think) we posted a bunch of photos of everyone's collections on here. I think they did it at permuted's site too around the same time. I've seen a lot of big ones, but most have other horror stuff sprinkled in.

I'm thinking I'll check out myspace, I'm home sick with the Flu and don't have much else to do anyway. :barf:

Mr.G
19-Jan-2010, 02:37 AM
I took it as a joke. Regardless, it's a hell of a collection. I'm sorry to hear about a fellow Hoosier going through tough times. If you do plan on selling, I'd be interested.

archivesofthede
19-Jan-2010, 02:42 AM
I took it as a joke. Regardless, it's a hell of a collection. I'm sorry to hear about a fellow Hoosier going through tough times. If you do plan on selling, I'd be interested.

I'm glad someone got did. hehe. Yeah, I'll probably break it up if things don't turn for the better. That is my plan anyway. I just wanted someone to see it that would appericate it before I did. Not many people around here like zombies, as you probably already know. Expecially in my city.

JDFP
19-Jan-2010, 03:38 AM
I didn't happen to see any of Ken Foree's clothes in there, and no collection is complete without that... :elol: :sneaky:

As far as personal collection, I've got all the movies and that works for me. I would like to eventually get the "DAY" soundtrack on CD though. And, I'm wondering if Mike will ever give back my copy of NOTLD 30th anniversary edition, last time I let him borrow it the DVD box for it was all sticky... :eek:

j.p.

capncnut
19-Jan-2010, 03:42 AM
I didn't happen to see any of Ken Foree's clothes in there, and no collection is complete without that...
:sneaky:

I'm wondering if Mike will ever give back my copy of NOTLD 30th anniversary edition, last time I let him borrow it the DVD box for it was all sticky... :eek:
It was sticky before you loaned it. You and your love for disc holes. :p

Mike70
19-Jan-2010, 02:16 PM
. And, I'm wondering if Mike will ever give back my copy of NOTLD 30th anniversary edition, last time I let him borrow it the DVD box for it was all sticky... :eek:

j.p.

:lol:

i'm actually on a mission (or is it emission) to gather up every copy of that piece of shit that i can find and then throw them into a volcano.

Philly_SWAT
22-Jan-2010, 09:48 PM

Just curious, to your memory, did he have just one copy of each DVD, LD, figure, etc., or did he have multiple copies? Otherwise I am not sure what all he could have.