PDA

View Full Version : So, looks like the Spiderman reboot is a go...

Neil
20-Jan-2010, 11:54 AM
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43692

MinionZombie
20-Jan-2010, 12:00 PM
This is still one of the most retarded ideas I've ever heard.

We DON'T need an origin story set in high school - because a little movie that came out a few years ago called Spider-Man did all that. We saw Parker in high school, we saw the source of the super powers, we saw how they developed, how he initially dealt with them, how they affected him in high school and so on and so forth.

WHY these numpties think this is a good idea is beyond me. Rebooting is stupid when the most recent movie was in 2007, and it's especially stupid when the content has already been masterfully covered by the first freaking movie!!!

bassman
20-Jan-2010, 12:16 PM
I still think a reboot is too soon, but I got to say that I like the director choice. 500 Days of Summer was probably one of my top five favorite films of last year. And a brilliant first film for Webb.

He seems like he's got the emotion and comedy side of things down, so I'm interested to see how he handles this Spiderman fellow.

DjfunkmasterG
20-Jan-2010, 05:14 PM
How he handles the action will be something else.

Raimi already knew how to handle quick cuts and action pieces, This guy seems to have little experience.

However, it looks they want Robert Patterson (Edward) as Spidey/Parker.

This just wreaks of failure, but will probably be a huge box office success

Mike70
20-Jan-2010, 05:18 PM

as long as they don't make him sparkle:D

DjfunkmasterG
20-Jan-2010, 05:30 PM
I actually joked about that on my podcast. After the one hour mark I tear into the fact they are rebooting Spider-Man

$10 say kristin Stewart gets cast as Mary Jane.

bassman
20-Jan-2010, 05:38 PM

Where are you hearing this? This is the first i've heard of it. And just the thought of it makes me throw up in my mouth a little.:dead:

MinionZombie
20-Jan-2010, 05:50 PM
I actually joked about that on my podcast. After the one hour mark I tear into the fact they are rebooting Spider-Man

$10 say kristin Stewart gets cast as Mary Jane.
I wouldn't wanna see that, nor a SM reboot at all.

On a separate issue though, Kristen Stewart is well fit ... "bang tidy" as Leigh Francis might say ... she was bloody brilliant in Adventureland. :o

DjfunkmasterG
20-Jan-2010, 06:02 PM
Where are you hearing this? This is the first i've heard of it. And just the thought of it makes me throw up in my mouth a little.:dead:

E Online, People, THR, and Variety

Go to IMDB and check his profile then read the news section on his profile.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

I wouldn't wanna see that, nor a SM reboot at all.

On a separate issue though, Kristen Stewart is well fit ... "bang tidy" as Leigh Francis might say ... she was bloody brilliant in Adventureland. :o

I have told people who think KS sucks to go watch Adventureland. She is great in that.

rongravy
20-Jan-2010, 10:27 PM

Please tell me you're joking. Enough reason right there not to see it if it's true.

I have told people who think KS sucks to go watch Adventureland. She is great in that.

She sure likes to flip her hair alot. Somebody needs to teach her some new moves. She's pretty, but someone needs to deflate her head some. Methinks it's affecting her acting.

If they put Edward in there, they might as well stick the last nail in the coffin by putting her in the movie too.

LouCipherr
21-Jan-2010, 01:56 PM
This just reeks of "BAD IDEA"

But, with the direction Hollywood has been heading the past few years, this (nor the possible inclusion of Robert Pattinson as Parker) does not surprise me in the least.

bassman
21-Jan-2010, 02:02 PM
E Online, People, THR, and Variety

From what I've read, they're going with relative unknowns.

The plan for the movie is to be in the $80 million range and feature a cast of relative unknowns (so you can quash those Rob Pattinson or Gordon-Levitt rumors at this point).

The twilight guy is probably just a rumor. Like Miley Cyrus as Batgirl and Eddie Murphy as the Riddler.:rolleyes:

Eyebiter
21-Jan-2010, 02:39 PM
The previous stars were getting older and wanted too much money to do a fourth movie.

Reset the franchise with a new crop of younger actors = freedom to go in a new direction + less up front expenses.

childofgilead
23-Jan-2010, 09:21 AM
Garbitch..pure garbitch..rebooting a movie series that isn't even ten years old is pure and utter garbitch..just like what they did with the comics, saying that since Peter and Mary Jane "the kids" couldn't relate, so they made him single again..instead of writing interesting stories about being a super hero on one hand and making the mortgage with the other..I would have killed to see Spiderman attacked while webslinging with a bag of Huggies over his back..Marvel is bound and determined to undermine the last eight solid years by shooting themselves in the foot..I say let em, anything that gets that fat git Joe Quesada out of the editors chair.

This rant has been provided commercial free by Huggies.

DjfunkmasterG
04-Feb-2010, 09:50 PM
AceShowbiz.com is reporting ZAC Efron was signed to play Spider-man in the reboot for a reported $14,000,000

There is also talk of Vanessa Hudgens as MJ

YIKES

bassman
04-Feb-2010, 10:37 PM
AceShowbiz.com is reporting ZAC Efron was signed to play Spider-man in the reboot for a reported $14,000,000

There is also talk of Vanessa Hudgens as MJ

YIKES

Sounds like BS to me. Just fans creating a bitch list to see how far the movie sites run with it.

SRP76
04-Feb-2010, 10:45 PM
8 years to hit the reset button. Wow.

People will go see it though. A huge number of people simply go see every "big" movie that comes out every week, so it's guaranteed to make money.

What other movies from "The Olden Times" of 2002 can we remake next?

krakenslayer
04-Feb-2010, 10:50 PM
8 years to hit the reset button. Wow.

People will go see it though. A huge number of people simply go see every "big" movie that comes out every week, so it's guaranteed to make money.

What other movies from "The Olden Times" of 2002 can we remake next?

Yeah, it really is ridiculous. How long before we see remakes of other ancient 2002 movies like 28 Days Later, Bubba Ho-tep, Bourne Identity and Minority Report?

SRP76
04-Feb-2010, 10:53 PM
Yeah, it really is ridiculous. How long before we see remakes of other ancient 2002 movies like 28 Days Later, Bubba Ho-tep, Bourne Identity and Minority Report?

I'm personally looking forward to the remake of that measuring stick of cinema greatness, 8 Mile.:hyper:

:shifty:

krakenslayer
04-Feb-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm personally looking forward to the remake of that measuring stick of cinema greatness, 8 Mile.:hyper:

:shifty:

Yeah... although... you know what the suits are gonna say to that:

Suit 1: "Oh, Eminem's just not as bankable as he was last year. Why don't we hire 50Cent?"

Director: "But a big part of the story is that he's a white guy struggling to make it big in an industry dominated by black guys. Hiring Fiddy would somehow defeat the purpose."

Suit 1: "Yeah, that is a problem..."

Suit 2: "Gentlemen, I've just had a brainwave..."

End result: A gripping biopic of Eminem's life starring 50 Cent wearing whiteface and a woolen wig. :lol:

blind2d
05-Feb-2010, 03:58 AM
Minority Report and Bourne Identity? I used to think they were the same movie. A white guy (handsome, for no good reason) runs around and action happens... then the "story" is resolved somehow. 8 Mile? People saw that? Huh... I guess its a good story, but why make a movie? Answer: to make a profit. No more, and probably no less. Damn. He already had a biography or two, right? Waste of resources, if you ask me. I remember a couple of girls in my neighborhood wrote Eminem" in the snow one winter, big letters on a hill. And to think I actually thought they were cool... Before that, not after. I mean, if you're gonna write a musician's name, why not someone important like Bob Dylan? Only two more letters! They probably didn't even know who he was... kids these days...
On track, movies from 2002... hurm... Ice Age?

krakenslayer
05-Feb-2010, 09:47 AM
I remember a couple of girls in my neighborhood wrote Eminem" in the snow one winter, big letters on a hill. And to think I actually thought they were cool... Before that, not after. I mean, if you're gonna write a musician's name, why not someone important like Bob Dylan? Only two more letters!

Because Dylan will always be remembered. On the other had, Eminem is a huge and commanding presence in the world of "stardom" right now, but one day, will just melt away, and eventually people will forget he was ever there in the first place... Just like writing in the snow, brother ;)

DjfunkmasterG
05-Feb-2010, 02:14 PM
Because Dylan will always be remembered. On the other had, Eminem is a huge and commanding presence in the world of "stardom" right now, but one day, will just melt away, and eventually people will forget he was ever there in the first place... Just like writing in the snow, brother ;)

Who is Eminem?

darth los
05-Feb-2010, 02:20 PM
Who is Eminem?

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2008/02/01-07/eminem-slim-fast-shady.jpg

:cool:

DjfunkmasterG
05-Feb-2010, 02:25 PM
I guess I should have added a smiley. I know who he is, I was just trying to forget him.:D

bassman
05-Feb-2010, 03:55 PM
I know most people didn't like the film as a whole, but Eminem's cameo in Funny People had me in stitches.

"The fuck you looking at Ray Romano?!?":lol:

bassman
02-Jul-2010, 02:16 AM
This (http://www.joblo.com/andrew-garfield-cast-in-spider-man-reboot) is the official new Peter Parker.

Danny
02-Jul-2010, 02:53 AM
eh, beats it being miechal cera.

Neil
02-Jul-2010, 12:16 PM
This (http://www.joblo.com/andrew-garfield-cast-in-spider-man-reboot) is the official new Peter Parker.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10485418.stm

bassman
02-Jul-2010, 02:15 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10485418.stm

.....uhh....that's the same guy.