PDA

View Full Version : Ghostbusters 3-D?

thxleo
21-Jan-2010, 08:23 PM
I'm ready for the 3-D gimmick to run it's course already.

http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2010/01/exclusive-ghostbusters-going-3d.html

bassman
21-Jan-2010, 08:31 PM
Fuck me.:dead:

This is nothing against you, Leo. But just do a quick search on how many Ghostbusters 3 threads we've had in the last year. Obviously I'm the biggest GB fan on this board, but come on guys! Do we need a new thread for every little minor detail?!? Even I think it's too much.

Okay...random bitching aside...

This is just a rumor and one that's been around for quite a while. It's possible, of course. Especially after Avatar's breakthrough success, but not EVERY single friggin film needs 3d. Maybe they've forgotten that Ghostbusters is a COMEDY??? Comedy first, effects second. That's the way the first film was and that's the way this possible third film should be. I guess the good side to all this is that 3d will guarantee that the film makes good money....

As for 3D running it's course....I don't think that will happen. They will only keep perfecting it and it will only get better. One day 3D will be the norm. I wouldn't have had this opinion pre-Avatar, but Cameron was able to show how it's done.

thxleo
21-Jan-2010, 11:11 PM
Fuck me.:dead:

This is nothing against you, Leo. But just do a quick search on how many Ghostbusters 3 threads we've had in the last year. Obviously I'm the biggest GB fan on this board, but come on guys! Do we need a new thread for every little minor detail?!? Even I think it's too much.

Okay...random bitching aside...

This is just a rumor and one that's been around for quite a while. It's possible, of course. Especially after Avatar's breakthrough success, but not EVERY single friggin film needs 3d. Maybe they've forgotten that Ghostbusters is a COMEDY??? Comedy first, effects second. That's the way the first film was and that's the way this possible third film should be. I guess the good side to all this is that 3d will guarantee that the film makes good money....

As for 3D running it's course....I don't think that will happen. They will only keep perfecting it and it will only get better. One day 3D will be the norm. I wouldn't have had this opinion pre-Avatar, but Cameron was able to show how it's done.

First off, my name is Lee - not Leo. And before you even make one of your typically dim witted responses complete with emoticon :rolleyes::confused::shifty:, Leo is my birth sign - hence it being in my screen name. Secondly, there is no other thread in the forum about a 3-D version of Ghostbusters that I am aware of and even if there was, sue me. The story I posted was from 1/20/10, so it was not some retread article. And finally, I will post whatever I feel like posting regardless of how you feel about it.

krakenslayer
21-Jan-2010, 11:13 PM
*puts on his cat-scratch-proof 3D glasses to watch the movie* :cool::D

bassman
21-Jan-2010, 11:23 PM
First off, my name is Lee - not Leo. And before you even make one of your typically dim witted responses complete with emoticon :rolleyes::confused::shifty:, Leo is my birth sign - hence it being in my screen name. Secondly, there is no other thread in the forum about a 3-D version of Ghostbusters that I am aware of and even if there was, sue me. The story I posted was from 1/20/10, so it was not some retread article. And finally, I will post whatever I feel like posting regardless of how you feel about it.

I'm not trying to call you by your real name. I was just shortening your screen name. :rolleyes:

Take Romero or Nicotero's dick out of your ass and relax....

thxleo
21-Jan-2010, 11:49 PM
I'm not trying to call you by your real name. I was just shortening your screen name. :rolleyes:

Take Romero or Nicotero's dick out of your ass and relax....

I knew you would use one! LOL You can't help yourself.

As for your second remark, I expected no less from you. That's why I said your posts are typically dim witted.

bassman
21-Jan-2010, 11:53 PM
I knew you would use one! LOL You can't help yourself.

As for your second remark, I expected no less from you. That's why I said your posts are typically dim witted.

Right. Good call.

Anyway....3D for gb3 is a bad idea. It will just take away from the comedy.

MinionZombie
22-Jan-2010, 09:41 AM
Oi you two cats, stop meowing at each other.

3D for GB3? Hmmm...

There's too much of this 3D business going on at the moment. Quite frankly I've only seen Avatar in 3D. Yes it looked rather spiffing, but it was simply another layer of immersion that wasn't really necessary at all to tell the story - plus, the 30% colour reduction you get with 3D specs is a kick in the balls.

I will see Tron 2 in 3D, because that looks to be a real visual treat, so 3D is something I'll only indulge in every once in a while, but I really don't see the need for it so much. Especially when there's still that "flicker" effect in some parts of 3D films, as well as the aforementioned 30% loss in colour.

bassman
22-Jan-2010, 11:54 AM
Is it really that much? 30%? Yikes....

I could tell there was a slight drop, but didn't think it was that much. I imagine in a few years they'll have that problem squashed somehow.

Speaking of 3D.....I'm curious to see how these new 3D home tvs look.

BillyRay
22-Jan-2010, 02:31 PM
Speaking of 3D.....I'm curious to see how these new 3D home tvs look.

Like they're right in the room with you. It's amazing! :lol:

bassman
22-Jan-2010, 02:54 PM
:lol: Nice.

Seriously though....they say these new 3d tvs are similar to the "RealD" stuff they're using in the cinemas. None of that two color glasses stuff. I'm curious to see if it will look as good, or if it's just a gimick. But Blu Ray 3D at home? Yes, please.

MinionZombie
22-Jan-2010, 05:56 PM
I still think 3D is a ways off from becoming mainstream. Like, pop down to Argos and order an average 3D telly out of the catalogue, you know?

There's still some bugs to settle (the juddery look you sometimes get, the 30% colour loss, the extra cost to the consumer etc) ... and even then, I really don't see it having an awful lot of point.

You don't need 3D to tell a story, it's purely immersion, and I don't know about you but countless 2D films have had me so immersed I've forgotten I'm watching a film and have gotten entirely caught up in it. Hell, United 93 drew me in so far I leapt out of my chair and screaming "get that motherfucker!" with my fists clenched when the passengers attacked the hijackers.

3D is a gimmick at worst, and another one of multiple tools for immersion at best.

I'm just not convinced in it being "like the invention of sound" as some out there have trumpetted it as being.

Loved seeing Avatar in 3D, but that's the only film I've seen in 3D. Will probably go and see Tron 2 in 3D when it comes out ... aside from that though, can't think of any upcoming films I wanna see in 3D. Can't think of any telly or games I wanna see in 3D either ... I could see it being more "cool" for games rather than normal telly though.

Plus, you'd have to wear those feckin' glasses all the fucking time. Even though RealD is a big step up from those coloured lenses, I'm still wearing specs to see 3D in the end of the day.

bassman
13-Feb-2010, 11:02 PM
A funny little article (http://entertainment.nerve.com/2010/02/10/ten-mistakes-that-could-ruin-ghostbusters-iii/) about 10 things that could ruin a potential Ghostbusters 3. The worst part is that most of them are a real possibility.:dead: