PDA

View Full Version : DMB in KC tonight!!!! wooo hooo!!!

Adrenochrome
31-May-2006, 02:25 PM
Outdoor show at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater!!!

bassman
31-May-2006, 02:27 PM
Sounds great. You're going, then?

I'm eagerly awaiting the August show here in Atlanta.

Adrenochrome
31-May-2006, 02:36 PM
Sounds great. You're going, then?

I'm eagerly awaiting the August show here in Atlanta.
Yup, I'm there....G. Love and Special Sause are the opening act. I know nothing of them.....you familiar?
...coming up is WideSpread Panic
Phil Lesh
String Cheese & Ratdog.
Those are not outdoor, but, will be fun!

bassman
31-May-2006, 02:56 PM
Yup, I'm there....G. Love and Special Sause are the opening act. I know nothing of them.....you familiar?
...coming up is WideSpread Panic
Phil Lesh
String Cheese & Ratdog.
Those are not outdoor, but, will be fun!

Yeah, I saw them open for 311 once, but that was it. They had a pretty wide range. Not a bad opening band. Though, it never really made me want to buy their albums.

I'm waiting on Widespread, as well.

SCI is touring??? Crap, I've got to look into that...

Adrenochrome
31-May-2006, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I saw them open for 311 once, but that was it. They had a pretty wide range. Not a bad opening band. Though, it never really made me want to buy their albums.

I'm waiting on Widespread, as well.

SCI is touring??? Crap, I've got to look into that...
Yup! here's a link for ticketmaster
http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?tm_link=tm_header_search&keyword=string+cheese

dmbfanintn
01-Jun-2006, 02:58 PM
Eat Drink and be Merry Brother!!!!

I expect a full review!!

Adrenochrome
01-Jun-2006, 07:29 PM
Eat Drink and be Merry Brother!!!!

I expect a full review!!
NOT the show I would have wanted, but, it was a great show -

JTR
What Would You Say
When The World Ends
Hunger For The Great Light
Dancing Nancies
Warehouse
Grace Is Gone
Raven
Tripping Billies
Where Are You Going
So Much To Say
Too Much
Smooth Rider
American Baby Intro
Louisiana Bayou

encore:

Sister
Crash Into Me
Pantala Naga Pampa
Rapunzel

We had fun! That's all that mattered. (there were storms all over the place an hour before the show)

I'm glad they did Dancing Nancies....that's one of my favs!!!!

HLS
02-Jun-2006, 03:28 AM
I never herd of them.

ipotts85
02-Jun-2006, 03:47 AM
**** that
slayer june 15th

Adrenochrome
02-Jun-2006, 11:57 AM
I never herd of them.
You've never heard of The Dave Matthews Band?
Odd, I know I've played them for you in the past. Just try to think. You'll remember.

bassman
02-Jun-2006, 12:03 PM
**** that
slayer june 15th

:lol:

dmbfanintn
02-Jun-2006, 02:01 PM
I never herd of them.

You never HERD (MOOOOOO) of them, or you never HEARD of them?

Nice setlist!! Looks kinda short though, what about 2.5 hrs?

Adrenochrome
02-Jun-2006, 02:05 PM
Nice setlist!! Looks kinda short though, what about 2.5 hrs?
Ya....that's about right.
It was alot of fun! The Dancing Nancies that night was one of the best I've heard.......I heard the first few notes,...
"Then i
Look up at the sky
My mouth is open wide, like and taste
Whats the use in worrying, whats the use in hurrying
Turn turn we almost become dizzy
I am who I am who I am well who am i
Requesting some enlightenment.........:D :D :D

It was raining during this song, so, we all screamed, looked up and drank the rain in unison.....no lie.

la la la hey!!!

I've noticed over the years that if you catch them at the front of the tour it's shorter than the end days......so, if they haven't made it there yet......patience, Grasshopper......

dmbfanintn
02-Jun-2006, 02:15 PM
Ya....that's about right.
It was alot of fun! The Dancing Nancies that night was one of the best I've heard.......I heard the first few notes,...
"Then i
Look up at the sky
My mouth is open wide, like and taste
Whats the use in worrying, whats the use in hurrying
Turn turn we almost become dizzy
I am who I am who I am well who am i
Requesting some enlightenment.........:D :D :D

It was raining during this song, so, we all screamed, looked up and drank the rain in unison.....no lie.

la la la hey!!!

I've noticed over the years that if you catch them at the front of the tour it's shorter than the end days......so, if they haven't made it there yet......patience, Grasshopper......

that's too cool. It reminds me of the concert in 2003 at Starwood Ampitheatre in Nashville. We had GA grass seats and were not under the pavilion.

They started doing Raven and when they hit the part that goes:

Rain, Rain, Rain down on me!

It started poring down rain, the crowd went nuts!!

Fun times man, funtimes!!!

I got two more weeks til Bonnaroo!!!!! Can't wait.

I WILL be going to see MMJ, they have a midnight to 4AM show, you know they are gonna tear the house down!

ipotts85
02-Jun-2006, 03:44 PM
:lol
i hope you aren't laughing at slayer. i may have to murder you as a satanic sacrifice...

hahaha

Adrenochrome
02-Jun-2006, 03:56 PM
i hope you aren't laughing at slayer. i may have to murder you as a satanic sacrifice...

hahaha
Well, add me to the list, because....Slayer?????? oh my.........I'm feeling light-headed just thinking of those talentless hacks.......**vomits profusely**

bassman
02-Jun-2006, 04:06 PM

hahaha

Not really. I was laughing more at your "f*ck that...." comment. Not really the band. But yes, it's very easy to laugh at them.:p

ipotts85
05-Jun-2006, 02:55 AM
you guys are just too busy listening to this lite fm bullsh*t. you need some adventure in your musical tastes...like some blindlingly fast, head bludgeoning thrash rock n roll. if not, i would recommend continuing with your easy listening music.

bassman
05-Jun-2006, 02:00 PM
you guys are just too busy listening to this lite fm bullsh*t. you need some adventure in your musical tastes...like some blindlingly fast, head bludgeoning thrash rock n roll. if not, i would recommend continuing with your easy listening music.

I used to be into the "head bludeoning" stuff(and still do, occasionally) but now my views have changed a bit. There is adventure in the music we listen to. It's just probably a different kind of adventure than what you're looking for at the moment.

Don't be so quick to dismiss our music.....your views may one day change. Besides, I do like some of your style of music. It has to be original and have some taste, though. Unfortunately most of the bands in that genre(not directly speaking about the ones you've mentioned) lack originality and good taste(imho).

As a wiser person than myself once told me, "There are many different players on the field of music. Try switching postions every now and again to see if you like the view."

ipotts85
05-Jun-2006, 02:38 PM
tell you what - i am actually relieved you guys don't like it. honestly, i don't think i would want dave matthews band fans in the crowd anyway...slayer has always been a more 'underground' act, not as vh1 friendly as, say, dave matthews band...

and what do you mean you used to be into it? is it not 'cool' enough anymore? and if you tell me that it is because you 'grew' out of it, like it is some teenage fad, or something...well...i may have to sacrafice you at my satanic altar while telling my parents i hate them.

bassman
05-Jun-2006, 02:56 PM
Damn dude.....why take everything so offensively?

I was trying to be nice with that last post. I told you that I still listen to that stuff on occasion. And no I wasn't calling it a teenage fad......just saying that I used to listen to it alot more than I do now.

Chill brother....I meant no offense. I have a sweet tooth for the heavier side of rock....more so than you would probably think.

And about the VH1 thing....yes, there are crappy bands on there. But are there not good ones? I've seen many videos for good bands on there. Zeppelin, Beatles, Etc. I've also seen videos for just about every band that you've mentioned:)

Relax man, I'm not attacking your music, here. But if you listened to rap...then yes, I would be attacking your "music":p

Adrenochrome
05-Jun-2006, 04:01 PM
..... and if you tell me that it is because you 'grew' out of it, like it is some teenage fad, or something...well...i may have to sacrafice you at my satanic altar while telling my parents i hate them.
Chill Pancho!
Hell, I was a Maiden-head LONG before I was a Deadhead!!!
And, that's Iron Maiden back in the Killers days....when Paul Di'Anno was the lead singer. You weren't even born yet. ;)

ipotts85
05-Jun-2006, 06:46 PM
Damn dude.....why take everything so offensively?

I was trying to be nice with that last post. I told you that I still listen to that stuff on occasion. And no I wasn't calling it a teenage fad......just saying that I used to listen to it alot more than I do now.

Chill brother....I meant no offense. I have a sweet tooth for the heavier side of rock....more so than you would probably think.

And about the VH1 thing....yes, there are crappy bands on there. But are there not good ones? I've seen many videos for good bands on there. Zeppelin, Beatles, Etc. I've also seen videos for just about every band that you've mentioned:)

Relax man, I'm not attacking your music, here. But if you listened to rap...then yes, I would be attacking your "music":p

i'm just kidding around fellas...it's okay if you don't like slayer, just like it's cool that i don't like dave matthews band...