PDA

View Full Version : Another nerdy Day of the Dead question

thxleo
21-Jan-2010, 08:46 PM
In the film, Joe Pilato say's to John Amplas "You've lost one man. We've lost five". At the beginning of the film when Lori Cardille notices the new grave you can clearly see there are six graves total. Except only two of them have military helmets on them, including Cooper's fresh grave. So, is it a film flub or or did the soldiers keep rotating the only two spare helmets they had?

DubiousComforts
21-Jan-2010, 09:12 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RKDFrCwqG0g/StSwxZ5aGtI/AAAAAAAAAk8/Lo45vzdGJC0/s320/frustration.jpg :D

thxleo
21-Jan-2010, 09:14 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_RKDFrCwqG0g/StSwxZ5aGtI/AAAAAAAAAk8/Lo45vzdGJC0/s320/frustration.jpg :D

LMAO :lol:

Trin
21-Jan-2010, 09:16 PM
The helmets were the shovels they used to dig the graves. They just hung them there to keep them handy for the next one.

DubiousComforts
21-Jan-2010, 09:19 PM
The helmets were the shovels they used to dig the graves.
[psychic power]

I see a very long thread with multiple high-resolution screegrabs and red indicator arrows in everyone's immediate future.

[/psychic power]

Philly_SWAT
21-Jan-2010, 09:43 PM
[psychic power]

I see a very long thread with multiple high-resolution screegrabs and red indicator arrows in everyone's immediate future.

[/psychic power]

As you can see in the pic below, thxleo is in fact correct, there are 6 graves, and only two of them have helmets on them.
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/Philly_SWAT/daygraves.jpg?t=1264113618
In regards to thxleo's question, I submit that this is neither a movie flub, nor a case of the soldiers rotating helmets. It is more likely that Trin's idea is correct, that they were using them as shovels and just left them there. None of the soldiers wear soldier helmets like that anywhere in the movie. The only helmets they are wearing are the mine helmets with lights on them.

krakenslayer
21-Jan-2010, 11:09 PM
I submit that this is neither a movie flub

Or the rest were blown off in a storm. Or they stopped bothering to put the helmets on the graves after the first two deaths. Or they just started putting helmets on the graves with the last two deaths. Or only a couple of them asked specifically to be buried with the helmets on the grave. Or helmets on the grave means something specific, like they died in battle. Or any number of countless millions of possibilities. :cool:

thxleo
21-Jan-2010, 11:16 PM
Or the rest were blown off in a storm. Or they stopped bothering to put the helmets on the graves after the first two deaths. Or they just started putting helmets on the graves with the last two deaths. Or only a couple of them asked specifically to be buried with the helmets on the grave. Or helmets on the grave means something specific, like they died in battle. Or any number of countless millions of possibilities. :cool:

This was the type of response I was looking for. ;) Almost every one of your explanations made me laugh. The question was not meant to be taken too seriously.

krakenslayer
21-Jan-2010, 11:42 PM
This was the type of response I was looking for. ;) Almost every one of your explanations made me laugh. The question was not meant to be taken too seriously.

The missing helmets were recently polished and were so shiny that a magpie stole them. ;)

Philly_SWAT
22-Jan-2010, 12:04 AM
Maybe you should make that clearer when you post if you want legitimate (as it were) discussion, or hearty laughter, from replies. I actually was trying to be funny when I posted a pic with red arrows after dubious comment.

But the graves may have been situated under a helmet tree, and a couple of helmets just happen to fall on the gravemarkers.

Or, as entertainment was scarce in the bunker, they may have just finished a game of "Pin the helmet on the tombstone" right before the chopper landed.

Perhaps two of the fallen comrades were a gay couple, and this was one last "put a helmet on that soldier" gay bashing joke.

Those may not actually have been graves at all. They may have been playing a distorted version of horseshoes with helmets and sticks, and everyone KNEW how angry those games made people when they lost, so much so that off camera Sarah always said that someone was going to get killed in a horseshoes argument, so when she says "there's a new grave" that is why GAR shows the horseshoe arena instead of an actual grave.

thxleo
22-Jan-2010, 12:21 AM
Maybe you should make that clearer when you post if you want legitimate (as it were) discussion, or hearty laughter, from replies. I actually was trying to be funny when I posted a pic with red arrows after dubious comment.

Philly, I'm going to continue to make posts that make you wonder if it's serious or just a joke. I hope my ambiguous posts drive you crazy.

Mike70
22-Jan-2010, 12:33 AM
Philly, I'm going to continue to make posts that make you wonder if it's serious or just a joke. I hope my ambiguous posts drive you crazy.

philly after 5 more of these threads:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JmpkIMgnzIE/Sg-eOEHrRAI/AAAAAAAAeq8/mOOJlWbuvzk/s400/Crazy+People+Who+Clothe+Themselves+In+Bees+For+Hoo ts!+7.jpg

thxleo
22-Jan-2010, 01:06 AM
philly after 5 more of these threads:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_JmpkIMgnzIE/Sg-eOEHrRAI/AAAAAAAAeq8/mOOJlWbuvzk/s400/Crazy+People+Who+Clothe+Themselves+In+Bees+For+Hoo ts!+7.jpg

Awesome. Actually, I think Philly might already be at that stage.

strayrider
22-Jan-2010, 02:50 AM
The real question here is what are the names of the persons in the graves.

:D

-stray-

axlish
22-Jan-2010, 03:39 AM
The two helmeted soldiers were part of an elite spellunking squadran, "best in Texas", sent with the crew to secure the caverns upon arrival.

3pidemiC
22-Jan-2010, 03:44 AM
"best in Texas"

http://chud.com/nextraimages/Grindhouse-Fahey.jpg

Trin
22-Jan-2010, 02:30 PM
The helmets were the shovels they used to dig the graves. They just hung them there to keep them handy for the next one.
I actually thought I was making a joke. I'm sorry if it was too plausible. :)

jded
22-Jan-2010, 07:09 PM
Uhhhhhhhhhhh... I don't know, 5 + 1 = 6?

Philly_SWAT
25-Jan-2010, 10:08 PM

Well, some would say that was a short drive....:)