PDA

View Full Version : F**k Jay Leno

Philly_SWAT
22-Jan-2010, 04:16 AM
Funny story, just now I thought to myself "I wonder if anyone has claimed the domain name fuckjayleno.com".

Apparently they have!:p

http://www.fuckjayleno.com/

bassman
22-Jan-2010, 11:58 AM
I haven't been following this story too closely, but is it still looking like tonight(22nd) will probably be Conan's last Tonight Show?

He got robbed. And he's miles ahead of Leno's stale antics.:dead:

DjfunkmasterG
22-Jan-2010, 12:15 PM
The last few nights on Conan have been LOL funny. I have TIVO'd a majority of the shows since the fiasco started and have been greatly entertained for days on end.

Craig Ferguson has even been having some great laughs at NBC's expense.

5d4VXXJuhbA

Danny
22-Jan-2010, 12:18 PM
ive never found either of them to be funny really, they both come off as the drunk uncle at a wedding who stills thinks he can breakdance in his late 40's. just not for me.

krakenslayer
22-Jan-2010, 01:26 PM
The last few nights on Conan have been LOL funny. I have TIVO'd a majority of the shows since the fiasco started and have been greatly entertained for days on end.

Craig Ferguson has even been having some great laughs at NBC's expense.

5d4VXXJuhbA

For some reason it's really disorientating seeing someone who talks like me on American TV. Dunno why... :shifty:

Mike70
22-Jan-2010, 02:05 PM
For some reason it's really disorientating seeing someone who talks like me on American TV. Dunno why... :shifty:

you probably knew this already but anyway, ferguson is a US citizen now. he taped most of the process leading up to him being sworn as a new citizen. it was rather interesting. most natural born americans don't really know much about what it takes to get naturalized.

krakenslayer
22-Jan-2010, 02:14 PM
you probably knew this already but anyway, ferguson is a US citizen now. he taped most of the process leading up to him being sworn as a new citizen. it was rather interesting. most natural born americans don't really know much about what it takes to get naturalized.

I didn't know that, I was only vaguely aware of who he was until now. He's not well known here at all, for some reason.

It's weird - people can be huge stars in the UK and never crack America despite years of trying, others are relative nobodies who go over there and strike it huge.

BillyRay
22-Jan-2010, 03:17 PM
Craig Fergusson was on the edges of the "Alternative Comedy" scene in Britain back in the 80's. He went by the name Bing Hitler in the early days. Most of us in the States first saw him as Nigel Wick, the effette, evil boss on the Drew Carey Show.

He just came out with his autobiography, American on Purpose, and it covers his career, his battle with the bottle, and the process to where he became an American (on purpose, as the book would have you believe).
Good stuff. He really is the funniest guy of the Late Nite Mob.

As for NBC, all's I know is that, when the dust settles, as long as Jimmy Fallon don't have the Tonight Show desk, everything will be alright.

Skippy911sc
22-Jan-2010, 03:32 PM
Craig Fergusson is GREAT. I love his show...hated him on Drew Carey but he has really done well now. I Tivo his show (because it is one way past m the bedtime my mommy set) and watch it earlier the next night. If you get a chance watch his show. He is pure Awesome!

Back to the Leno/Conan issue. I don't blame either comedian for the situation. Leno, some say, was forced out to do his new prime time show to allow Conan contract to be met. Again Conan is getting a SHITLOAD of money to walk and will find a new home in late night at another studio. BTW my favorite Simpson's episode was written by Conan, it made me want to build a monorail in my home town. :)