PDA

View Full Version : Night of the Living dead Redubbed

paranoid101
22-Jan-2010, 04:10 PM
Sorry if this has been already posted.

But have you all seen - Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Hellbound, Flesh-Eating Subhumanoid Zombified Living Dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xOhaJckqVQ

All parts on Youtube

krakenslayer
22-Jan-2010, 04:40 PM
Haha, yes - Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D. I could never decide if it was madness or genius, but as far as alternate Nights go, it beats the shit out of NotLD 30.

There's actually a sequel: Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Hellbound, Flesh-Eating Subhumanoid Zombified Living Dead, Part 3 which is a re-dubbed version of The Brain That Wouldn't Die. There is no part 1, obviously. :D

bassman
22-Jan-2010, 04:53 PM
So is this worth the time or is it just a cheap MST3K knock off?

Mike70
22-Jan-2010, 05:17 PM

i could only tolerate about 7 minutes of this, so my vote is cheap MST3K knock off.

DubiousComforts
22-Jan-2010, 06:37 PM
It's about as retarded as MST3K, but you can't really call it a "rip-off." I knew the guy that put this together and MST3K had only been around about a year when he began working on it; I doubt he knew what MST was at that time.

This was produced as part of a deal with a home video chain to develop "original" content. :p For some insane reason, he actually called Romero, who was busy editing The Dark Half, to clue him in to the project and ended up getting bitched out by Christine Romero in an answering machine message.

darth los
22-Jan-2010, 06:38 PM
Jesus, would the crappy horror shit ever end?

You know, most people feel not taking yourself too seriously is an endearing quality. But the genre is pretty much in the toilet at this point.

:cool:

bassman
22-Jan-2010, 07:53 PM
It's about as retarded as MST3K.

Are you saying that MST3K isn't a masterpiece of television? Shame on you....

krakenslayer
22-Jan-2010, 08:14 PM
For some insane reason, he actually called Romero, who was busy editing The Dark Half, to clue him in to the project and ended up getting bitched out by Christine Romero in an answering machine message.

Haha! Why was she so angry, I wonder?

DubiousComforts
22-Jan-2010, 09:20 PM
Perhaps.

Shame is good!

blind2d
23-Jan-2010, 05:03 PM
Shame... is good? How so? And... what's so retarded about MST3K anyhow? I would like to hear your considered and intelligent opinion on this.

Zombie Snack
23-Jan-2010, 07:49 PM
rubbish, 100% pure rubbish

bd2999
24-Jan-2010, 08:12 PM
I thought this was pretty bad. I like parody as much as anyone, even ones in sort of poor taste, but this was just plain bad on many levels. I did not make it all the way but I did not even smile once. Maybe because I love the original movie to much but I think I would enjoy a good jabbing at it if it were actually funny.

fulci fan
26-Jan-2010, 03:37 AM
This is not funny.

Get the color version of NOTLD and put it on the Mike Nelson commentary. Mike Nelson was on MST3K and a hell of a lot better than Joel IMO. I am a huge fan of MST3K btw. Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett (crow T robot), and Kevin Murphy (tom servo) do a thing called Rifftrax. They make commentaries on modern Hollywood blockbusters. It is great.

darth los
26-Jan-2010, 03:53 PM
This is not funny.

Get the color version of NOTLD and put it on the Mike Nelson commentary. Mike Nelson was on MST3K and a hell of a lot better than Joel IMO. I am a huge fan of MST3K btw. Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett (crow T robot), and Kevin Murphy (tom servo) do a thing called Rifftrax. They make commentaries on modern Hollywood blockbusters. It is great.

Rifftrax huh?

I might give that a shot. I've always lamented that there was no mst3k anymore. Is it anywhere near as good?

bassman
26-Jan-2010, 03:59 PM
I might give that a shot. I've always lamented that there was no mst3k anymore. Is it anywhere near as good?

It's basically MST3k without the image of mike/joel, crow, and servo at the bottom of the screen. Except it's newer and more popular films. The Dark Knight, Twilight, Titanic, 300, LOTR.....that kind of stuff.

Here's some snippets from TDK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5afhUembT4o&feature=related)

And Batman & Robin.(who hasn't always wanted MST3K to do B&R?)

ZmuIzGDMUi8&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Philly_SWAT
29-Jan-2010, 09:57 PM
Hey bass, I been meaning to ask you...where did you get that signature pic? It is a great pic, but I know it isnt from any cut of the movie.

bassman
29-Jan-2010, 10:07 PM
Hey bass, I been meaning to ask you...where did you get that signature pic? It is a great pic, but I know it isnt from any cut of the movie.

It's a screen cap from the Cannes Cut.

Philly_SWAT
29-Jan-2010, 10:13 PM
It's a screen cap from the Cannes Cut.

Hmmm...I dont remember that shot from the Cannes cut (or any other). Did you make the screen cap yourself, or just got it from somewhere that said it was a screencap from the Cannes cut.

bassman
29-Jan-2010, 10:17 PM
Hmmm...I dont remember that shot from the Cannes cut (or any other). Did you make the screen cap yourself, or just got it from somewhere that said it was a screencap from the Cannes cut.

It's just a cap from his horrible acting/funny facial expression after the "Straight up!" line from Emge. Did it myself. I think this is in every cut. Maybe not the Argento, but I can't remember.

triste realtà
29-Jan-2010, 10:37 PM
He means the pic with the gun.

bassman
29-Jan-2010, 10:39 PM
He means the pic with the gun.

HA! Right you are, sir. He said signature and I read avatar. My mistake.

Anywho....it's from a photo on the Cannes Cut dvd in the UE set. I believe it was used on a few of the R2 VHS releases as well.

capncnut
30-Jan-2010, 02:11 AM
Bassman's sig image is a still of the scene when Peter says "you never aim a gun at anyone mister", but darkened somewhat.

Philly_SWAT
30-Jan-2010, 03:38 PM
HA! Right you are, sir. He said signature and I read avatar. My mistake.

Anywho....it's from a photo on the Cannes Cut dvd in the UE set. I believe it was used on a few of the R2 VHS releases as well.
But did you take the screencap yourself, or just got it from somewhere that SAID it is a screencap?

Bassman's sig image is a still of the scene when Peter says "you never aim a gun at anyone mister", but darkened somewhat.Unless I am mistaken, the image is of Roger, not Peter.

krakenslayer
30-Jan-2010, 03:41 PM
But did you take the screencap yourself, or just got it from somewhere that SAID it is a screencap?

Unless I am mistaken, the image is of Roger, not Peter.

Yeah, it looks like he's aiming at a zombie in the distance, rather than down at Steven, and I'm pretty sure that's Roger's cheekbone and messy hair in silhouette.

I think it's an on-set publicity still taken during the filming of the scene at the airport, when Roger is picking off the zombies Steven was playing around with.

bassman
30-Jan-2010, 03:48 PM

It's not a screencap. It's a photo from the photos/posters section of the Extended Cut dvd in the UE.

Thorn
03-Feb-2010, 02:32 PM

I was always a fan of the show, though the change of main character lost me a bit.

bassman
03-Feb-2010, 02:39 PM
I was always a fan of the show, though the change of main character lost me a bit.

A lot of people have a problem with that. I like both Joel and Mike for different reasons, so I can dig them both.

And Mike had the distinction of portraying the greatest on-screen character of all time -- TORGO!

http://www.wrightonfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/screen-capture-51.png

(in a skit - not Manos, of course)

darth los
03-Feb-2010, 02:57 PM
Unless I am mistaken, the image is of Roger, not Peter.

I'd have to agree that it's roger as well. Even in the sillouhette the hair on top of his head is a bit too fine to be Peter's, imo.

blind2d
03-Feb-2010, 09:58 PM
Exactly! Who could forget Torgo delivering pizza to Forester?! Classic! But I still wish Joel hadn't left... I loved his deadpan, droll voice. Mike's is just... normal. Boring. Not as poignant, somehow. Ahh, those were the days...

Philly_SWAT
04-Feb-2010, 12:51 PM
It's not a screencap. It's a photo from the photos/posters section of the Extended Cut dvd in the UE.

Weird how I clearly asked about your sig pic and you talked about your avatar, and then you clearly told me it was a photo, and I talked about a screencap. Something in the water perhaps?:rolleyes:

bassman
04-Feb-2010, 01:38 PM
Weird how I clearly asked about your sig pic and you talked about your avatar, and then you clearly told me it was a photo, and I talked about a screencap. Something in the water perhaps?:rolleyes:

:lol:

Must be a Romero fan disability thing. "They're dumb, they're all messed up"

fulci fan
05-Feb-2010, 05:58 AM

Joel was boring and not funny. Mike Nelson, although super religious and republican, is one of the funniest people alive.