PDA

View Full Version : on chiller

losherman
24-Jan-2010, 04:53 AM
anyone see chiller is playing the original dawn of the dead this friday night at 8?

blind2d
24-Jan-2010, 12:25 PM
No way! Really?! Wow...

bassman
24-Jan-2010, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I see it too. Got my DVR set. Just to see which edit it is and what's taken out.

"Zombies pursue a couple and two former national guardsmen":shifty:

krakenslayer
24-Jan-2010, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I see it too. Got my DVR set. Just to see which edit it is and what's taken out.

"Zombies pursue a couple and two former national guardsmen":shifty:

Zombie Leader: Quick boys, get after that helicopter! :D

It reminds me of the gloriously inaccurate description given for a TV showing of Zombie Flesh Eaters on British TV: "A voodoo spell causes angry Spanish Conquistadores to rise from the grave seeking revenge." :lol:

I always remember that: ANGRY Spanish Conquistadores. I imagine all the zombies running around red faced and swearing. :D

bassman
24-Jan-2010, 01:13 PM
I've seen worse. Some of them give away the whole movie.

"two of four survivors die inside of a mall and bikers loot the stores. The black one and pregnant one fly into the Dawn":lol:

blind2d
24-Jan-2010, 04:13 PM
Your last posts had me loling! And lolling! It's good times... yeah, I wonder what (if any) editing they'll do to it... fingers crossed.

Purge
24-Jan-2010, 05:00 PM
It's Chiller, so you can bet that it's gonna be edited to high Hell.

SyFy, on the other hand, is surprisingly lenient. I was watching Cabin Fever when they played it one afternoon, and they kept all the gore intact. They didn't even edit out the scene where Bert brags about his close encounter with his dog. :stunned:

krakenslayer
24-Jan-2010, 05:13 PM
It's Chiller, so you can bet that it's gonna be edited to high Hell.

SyFy, on the other hand, is surprisingly lenient. I was watching Cabin Fever when they played it one afternoon, and they kept all the gore intact. They didn't even edit out the scene where Bert brags about his close encounter with his dog. :stunned:

In the afternoon!? :eek: :lol:

In the UK, TV is far, far more lenient than the US when it comes to sex, (to a degree) violence and (especially) bad language.

However, we have a "watershed" of 9PM that broadcasters have to adhere to. They can have mild sex references, occasional mild language (bitch, bastard, shit, etc.) and mild violence before that, but anything stronger has to be after 9PM. You can say fuck, show bloody violence and show thrusting after nine. The most extreme stuff (sex w/nudity, extreme violence, pervasive language) is usually broadcast after 10PM to avoid complaints.

blind2d
24-Jan-2010, 09:36 PM
The UK sounds like my kind of place!

Danny
24-Jan-2010, 09:45 PM
In the afternoon!? :eek: :lol:

In the UK, TV is far, far more lenient than the US when it comes to sex, (to a degree) violence and (especially) bad language.

However, we have a "watershed" of 9PM that broadcasters have to adhere to. They can have mild sex references, occasional mild language (bitch, bastard, shit, etc.) and mild violence before that, but anything stronger has to be after 9PM. You can say fuck, show bloody violence and show thrusting after nine. The most extreme stuff (sex w/nudity, extreme violence, pervasive language) is usually broadcast after 10PM to avoid complaints.

want to see a prime difference? compare jackass to dirty sanchez. that is pretty damn revealing on how different the censorship is in both countries.

losherman
24-Jan-2010, 11:05 PM
The UK sounds like my kind of place!

yeah no kidding that would be cool.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Jan-2010, 12:39 AM
Isn't Chiller an ON DEMAND only channel? If so they run stuff uncut.

bassman
25-Jan-2010, 12:40 AM
Isn't Chiller an ON DEMAND only channel? If so they run stuff uncut.

No, I don't think so. Just your average cable/satelite channel...

bassman
29-Jan-2010, 12:07 PM
Just a friendly bump for folks with Chiller.....Dawn airs tonight at 8pm Eastern.

I'm looking forward to it. I don't remember ever seeing Dawn on TV, so it's almost like it's new to me!:p

capncnut
29-Jan-2010, 12:12 PM
Psst... don't say anything to Andy but he was telling me that Day Of The Dead was on ITV4 the other night. He got in a bag of beers and a curry, all ready for Romero's classic and guess what? It was the remake! :lol:

bassman
29-Jan-2010, 12:14 PM
Psst... don't say anything to Andy but he was telling me that Day Of The Dead was on ITV4 the other night. He got in a bag of beers and a curry, all ready for Romero's classic and guess what? It was the remake! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

That's horrible. Happened to me a few times when Dawn04 came on the tube. Of course Dawn04 isn't as bad as Day08. Now I actually feel sorry for Andy.:(

krakenslayer
29-Jan-2010, 12:16 PM

POOR ANDY!! LOL! :lol:

At least he had beers handy, I'm pretty sure he would have needed them. ;)

MikePizzoff
29-Jan-2010, 06:16 PM
I'm looking forward to it. I don't remember ever seeing Dawn on TV, so it's almost like it's new to me!:p

Really? Back in like 98-99, HBO used to air Dawn A LOT. Every few weeks, at the very least; there was a period where I saw it on multiple times a week for a couple of months. You know how they do that with certain movies they obtain the rights for - play the shit out of them to get their money's worth.

bassman
29-Jan-2010, 06:21 PM
Really? Back in like 98-99, HBO used to air Dawn A LOT. Every few weeks, at the very least; there was a period where I saw it on multiple times a week for a couple of months. You know how they do that with certain movies they obtain the rights for - play the shit out of them to get their money's worth.

I must've missed it because I can't remember seeing it on the tube. Or maybe I saw it and just forgot.:lol:

"Cocaine's a hell of a drug!"
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/5246/0608097989sl2181lv2.jpg

bassman
30-Jan-2010, 12:01 AM
AHHHH!

Once again we've been had!

It's the fucking remake!

I wish the programming people would get their shit together.:mad:

SRP76
30-Jan-2010, 12:12 AM
That's fucked up. Good thing I don't get Chiller anyway, or I might be pissed off right now.

How they can completely get the "info" part wrong is beyond me. Not that Peter and Roger were National Guardsmen, but at least that's an easy mistake to make.

I guess technically the "couple" part would be accurate, though.

krakenslayer
30-Jan-2010, 10:05 AM
Someone should petition the cable companies to include the year of production in their listings.

bassman
30-Jan-2010, 01:23 PM
Someone should petition the cable companies to include the year of production in their listings.

They did on mine(Dish Network). 1979.:rolleyes:

Man...I was so mad when I saw the Universal logo. Then it ramped up a notch when I saw the Strike logo. I saw red when Sarah Polley's baby teeth shuffled across the screen....

blind2d
30-Jan-2010, 02:44 PM
I feel violated! Grrr... oh well, I'll just watch the DVD to console myself... never again will I trust that channel... shame. Oh yeah, I don't watch tv anyway! I forgot...

MikePizzoff
31-Jan-2010, 09:05 PM
My girlfriend and I tuned into this as we were getting ready to go out. I had a good laugh and thought to myself "The forum dudes are probably flippin shit right now."

krakenslayer
31-Jan-2010, 09:10 PM
Methinks someone at Chiller did this as a prank on the Deadheads. :D