PDA

View Full Version : 24 is back

fartpants
24-Jan-2010, 07:47 PM
to all you brits, season 8 of 24 starts tonight (sunday ) on sky 1.........:D
gotta love Jack Bauer

MinionZombie
24-Jan-2010, 08:09 PM
I've already seen the first four episodes, and hoo-fucking-ray!

Season 6 was a let down, and Season 7 brought things back up again but relied on too many cliches and 'saw it coming' twists used in previous seasons as well as having a bit of a limp final third ... however I'm all about 24 again, and was absolutely addicted to these first four episodes.

They had me gripped in the wa 24 used to always do for me, and now it's doing it again, so that's great. I'm also digging the fresh new feel thanks to the New York setting, resurrection of CTU, and the new cast members. I just hope they continue with this level of quality throughout the season and don't dip back into franchise cliches and twists we've seen many times before.

JDFP
24-Jan-2010, 08:14 PM
I absolutely dig it, I watch every episode. "24" is one of the few shows that isn't afraid to kill off the main characters too, I think just about every main character from the first two seasons are dead now, actually. Plus the show has gone through about 5 or 6 different presidents (two of them I know of they killed off) over the last eight years.

Speaking of presidents, President Logan is going to be back this season. I always digged his character, so I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Best part of this new year for me is Katiee Sachoff (Starbuck from BSG). She looks good enough to eat... mmm...

While I do dig "24", I still say it would be better with Jack Bauer having to confront a zombie epidemic. Jack Bauer against zombies, now that would be awesome...

j.p.

kidgloves
24-Jan-2010, 09:11 PM
Gave up on this a long time ago. Although MZ's enthusiasim has made me curious. I haven't watched since season 5. Can i just drop straight back in and pick it up?
BTW anyone here watch Friday Night Lights? Absolutely love that. Great drama.

MinionZombie
25-Jan-2010, 09:58 AM
So you never saw season 6 or 7?

I hope you watched all of Season 5 though, cos that one was the biggity bomb yo. :cool:

Season 6 was a bit of a let down, sure ... but it did tie up loose ends that had been running for a couple of seasons. Season 7 was a sort of fresh start in a way, but I think season 8 is a fresher start.

I suppose what you could do is have a jump on Wikipedia and check out the season 6 and 7 episode summaries so you get generally caught up. It's not the same as watching the episodes themselves, but it's something if you wanna delve into season 8 right now.

fartpants
25-Jan-2010, 12:27 PM
just watched the first 2 episodes and i agree with MZ, looks like they have found the formula that they seem to have lost in season 6 and 7, tense exiting and wanting to see the next episode the second the last one finishes

looks like jack is really back to kick some serious ass, cant wait for the rest

MinionZombie
25-Jan-2010, 05:38 PM
Oh man, the crescendo at the end of episode 3 had me on the edge of my fucking seat. My heart was in my mouth - just like 24 at it's best.

Indeed, the end of episode 4 had my jaw on the floor, and my skin tingling with excitement - again, 24 at it's best, so it feels like anyway.

Let's hope they can keep this up.

fartpants
25-Jan-2010, 06:49 PM
MZ your such a tease... looks like iv gotta wait till next week for my next 24-fix

darth los
25-Jan-2010, 07:18 PM
MZ your such a tease... looks like iv gotta wait till next week for my next 24-fix

You can always put yourself into a medically induced coma until about june so that when you wake the dvd set will all ready to go ! :D

:cool:

MinionZombie
26-Jan-2010, 10:00 AM
You can always put yourself into a medically induced coma until about june so that when you wake the dvd set will all ready to go ! :D

:cool:
Just don't end up in the future or something, like Cartman did when he froze himself waiting for the Wii. :D