PDA

View Full Version : Question for material/cloth patten experts

Philly_SWAT
24-Jan-2010, 09:31 PM
http://omglists.blogfaction.com/global/radar/blog_images/76073-2.jpg
This is a pic of Cleon from the movie The Warriors. Does anyone know what the name of the pattern on his headgear is called? Or is it just a random pattern? Or even if you dont know the name, do you know where to get some?

krakenslayer
24-Jan-2010, 10:51 PM
*Waits for all the dozens of fashion experts of Homepage of the Dead to come forward*

*Tumbled blows past*

:D

Seriously, though, I just wanted to say I love that damn movie (and the uncharacteristically awesome game adaptation).

You planning early for Halloween I'm guessing, Philly? Better get some shoe polish too. :D

Philly_SWAT
24-Jan-2010, 11:32 PM
*Waits for all the dozens of fashion experts of Homepage of the Dead to come forward*

*Tumbled blows past*

:D

Seriously, though, I just wanted to say I love that damn movie (and the uncharacteristically awesome game adaptation).

You planning early for Halloween I'm guessing, Philly? Better get some shoe polish too. :D

I assume you meant Tumbleweed? :D

But yeah, thinking of Halloween, although I think I may forget about the shoe polish :)

But you are right about the game. I have loved the movie for years, but just got the game last week (funny that they chose to make a game in 2005 based on a movie made in 1979) and the game is awesome! Fun game play, and definitely keeps the feel of the movie in the game. I guess maybe that the movie just happened to lend itself perfectly to a modern video game? Although I must say that the game makers took great care in making it (OK except for the camera angle, which gets kind of screwy in some places).

krakenslayer
25-Jan-2010, 12:10 AM
I assume you meant Tumbleweed? :D

But yeah, thinking of Halloween, although I think I may forget about the shoe polish :)

But you are right about the game. I have loved the movie for years, but just got the game last week (funny that they chose to make a game in 2005 based on a movie made in 1979) and the game is awesome! Fun game play, and definitely keeps the feel of the movie in the game. I guess maybe that the movie just happened to lend itself perfectly to a modern video game? Although I must say that the game makers took great care in making it (OK except for the camera angle, which gets kind of screwy in some places).

Yeah, I'm browsing on my phone right now so I guess tumbleweed came through the predictive text software as tumbled! Bah! :p

The Warriors game is ace. I think the gap between the film and the game is partly why it is so good - Rockstar made it because they loved the material, not because they'd been hired by the studio to turn out a made-to-order cash in they didn't have any personal interest in. Also they weren't rushed to coincide with a theatrical release date or anything of that nature.

Debbieangel
25-Jan-2010, 03:36 AM
Philly, I sew and the fabric looks like fleece.
The design just looks like a random design to me, I mean since it is from a movie it looks like wardrobe saw the fleece and thought it good for the job. Other than that I have no idea what the design is about, sorry.

Chic Freak
25-Jan-2010, 09:31 AM
http://omglists.blogfaction.com/global/radar/blog_images/76073-2.jpg
This is a pic of Cleon from the movie The Warriors. Does anyone know what the name of the pattern on his headgear is called? Or is it just a random pattern? Or even if you dont know the name, do you know where to get some?

I'd try curtain fabric stores for something similar!

MikePizzoff
25-Jan-2010, 11:00 AM

That might be a little distasteful... :lol:

Philly_SWAT
27-Jan-2010, 09:30 PM
Funny thing is, the right and left side look totally different to me. Am I the only one who thinks so?