PDA

View Full Version : Ever wondered what happened to Flavor Flav from Public Enemy?

EvilNed
26-Jan-2010, 03:56 PM
Well, here you go:

AbfgYFig2Fw&

Mike70
26-Jan-2010, 04:29 PM
flavor flav has been "starring" in ultra ridiculous reality shows on VH1 for several years. none of them appear to be worth more than 5 or 10 minutes of curiosity.

darth los
26-Jan-2010, 04:37 PM
flavor flav has been "starring" in ultra ridiculous reality shows on VH1 for several years. none of them appear to be worth more than 5 or 10 minutes of curiosity.

It's called flavor of love. I never found it believable because it could never convince me that 20 women a season, (some of them that were actually fine) were actually interested in getting with this creep instead of just getting their 15 minutes.

:cool:

MikePizzoff
26-Jan-2010, 05:48 PM
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!! I can't WAIT until this onslaught of auto-tone shit is a distant memory. Every time I hear an "artist" using one of these in "their" song, my blood boils.

kortick
26-Jan-2010, 07:55 PM
Shame is this retarded clock freak was once a
member of one of the most influencial bands of its type.

An I hated auto tune ever since that horrid song
that Cher made with it.

Auto Tune was created to go in and fix small
portions of vocal tracks when the singer went off key
so the entire vocal part did not need to be re recorded
but it was ruined when they decided to use its phase
qualities as a vocal effect not as a studio patch tool.

I should have put Flav on my Dead Pool 2010 list.
Ill be pissed if he drops dead this year and I don't get
the points.

darth los
26-Jan-2010, 08:12 PM
And have you seen him lately? Let's just say he looks unhealthy.

Public enemy was indeed awesome. Although, I'm not sure if what contibutions to the group flav is credited with but he was their "hypeman".

What is a hypeman you ask?

He keeps the crowd hyped of course. No talent needed. And how ironic is it that he ended up the most famous one of the group?

Skippy911sc
26-Jan-2010, 09:23 PM
Speaking of auto-tune, I was totally disgusted to find out that many singer use it to improve their live performances. Isn't this a little like cheating??? Kind of like lip syncing... check out auto-tune nova on you-tube. They tell all!

capncnut
26-Jan-2010, 09:35 PM
Have you seen the size of his clock! :stunned:

bassman
26-Jan-2010, 09:39 PM
I saw the Roast of Flav on Comedy Central a few months back. Pretty funny. Other than that I hear hear he's doing the ol' "reality" tv thing.

As for this "music" - :hurl:

Craig
27-Jan-2010, 01:23 PM
Sounds like he's singing underwater or something.

mista_mo
27-Jan-2010, 01:38 PM
guy looks like a Klingon scientist.

Mike70
27-Jan-2010, 03:37 PM
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!!! I can't WAIT until this onslaught of auto-tone shit is a distant memory. Every time I hear an "artist" using one of these in "their" song, my blood boils.

ditto. this fad has run its course as far as i'm concerned.

Philly_SWAT
27-Jan-2010, 03:52 PM
And have you seen him lately? Let's just say he looks unhealthy.

Public enemy was indeed awesome. Although, I'm not sure if what contibutions to the group flav is credited with but he was their "hypeman".

What is a hypeman you ask?

He keeps the crowd hyped of course. No talent needed. And how ironic is it that he ended up the most famous one of the group?

As someone who saw Public Enemy in concert back in the late 80's, I can say that Flav was an important part of their live shows, and he usually had one or two solo songs on each of their albums. Rollnig Stone Magazine had a list one time called something like "100 Best Groups/Acts Ever". The list was non-genre specific, all genres were represented. Public Enemy was the highest ranked rap act on the list (deservedly so, I might add). So to be the "2nd" in that group should count for something. Although Chuck D was the primary rapper, Flav was in almost every song contributing to it.

krakenslayer
27-Jan-2010, 03:59 PM
Well, here you go:

AbfgYFig2Fw&

Okay, I made it two minutes in, how did you guys fare?

Seriously, I'm about 50% sure this song is a gag. When does it go on sale? April 1?