PDA

View Full Version : One third of women in US military raped?

capncnut
28-Jan-2010, 05:46 AM
I don't know how reliable this source is, but if it's true, then it's nothing short of a fucking disgrace.

Click (http://newsjunkiepost.com/2010/01/26/13rd-of-women-in-us-military-raped/) for article.

SRP76
28-Jan-2010, 08:04 AM
Well, 90% of U.S. women overall claim to have been raped at some point, so take that however you want.

SymphonicX
28-Jan-2010, 12:57 PM
90% of women in the US??
If there was ever an award for most outlandish, made up statistic, that would win...doesn't that make 90% of US men rapists? If not, then what's the ratio? Either that or Ted Bundy didn't die in the chamber back in the 70s.

krakenslayer
28-Jan-2010, 01:32 PM
90% of women in the US??
If there was ever an award for most outlandish, made up statistic, that would win...doesn't that make 90% of US men rapists?

No, Popo Bawa got all them single handedly: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6383833.stm?lsm :lol:

AcesandEights
28-Jan-2010, 03:15 PM
90% of women in the US??
If there was ever an award for most outlandish, made up statistic, that would win...doesn't that make 90% of US men rapists?

Not at all. Some of us are just overachievers.

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

“Everybody’s supposed to have a battle buddy in the army, and females are supposed to have one to go to the latrines with, or to the showers – that’s so you don’t get raped by one of the men on your own side. But because I was the only female there, I didn’t have a battle buddy. My battle buddy was my gun and my knife.”

That's utterly chilling.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

“At least a rape ends. It’s the day-to-day degradation that eats at you. None of my friends who were raped on active duty reported it. Or if we tried, we were told to shut up for ‘morale.’ Working with your rapist on a daily basis isn’t a lot of fun, believe me.”

capncnut
28-Jan-2010, 03:36 PM
“At least a rape ends. It’s the day-to-day degradation that eats at you. None of my friends who were raped on active duty reported it. Or if we tried, we were told to shut up for ‘morale.’ Working with your rapist on a daily basis isn’t a lot of fun, believe me.”
I found that quote completely shocking.

darth los
28-Jan-2010, 03:36 PM
Oh, it's totally true.

The thing is it's a taboo subject. For some fucked up reason calling out police officers (civil rights violations), military personel (rape, war crimes) and CIA agents (torture) is considered not only un-p.c. but outright unpatriotic. That morale thing is thrown around alot and it's total bullshit.

The culture of letting people get away with crimes just because it would make their peers do their jobs less effectively is what's chilling to me.

That's the antithesis of what a professional is supposed to be.

:cool: