PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to cut a deal with the Taliban?

capncnut
28-Jan-2010, 09:28 AM
Click (http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/archives/8137) for article.

I say no, but what are the possible scenarios?

1. Stay there until every one of them is dead (not going to happen).
2. Just leave them to it (not going to happen).
3. Cut a deal.

What an utter joke. :dead:

Tricky
28-Jan-2010, 09:41 AM
Theres some really good debates about this on the army rumour service website current affairs section! (arrse forums) I started reading that forum a while back when I was applying for the TA, although Ive never registered as i'd feel like a fake seen as I failed selection (or "walt" as the army name them) but its a really interesting read sometimes & most of it is coming from genuine blokes who have served or are serving. Theres a lot of banter & name calling on there, and they dont take kindly to civvies, but its a good read & you can find out all sorts, have a look! they're on about this issue at the moment

AcesandEights
28-Jan-2010, 02:42 PM
Yes, enough is enough. If they help us, we'll kill them last.

Deal?

Mike70
29-Jan-2010, 02:03 AM
Theres some really good debates about this on the army rumour service website current affairs section! (arrse forums) I started reading that forum a while back when I was applying for the TA, although Ive never registered as i'd feel like a fake seen as I failed selection (or "walt" as the army name them) but its a really interesting read sometimes & most of it is coming from genuine blokes who have served or are serving. Theres a lot of banter & name calling on there, and they dont take kindly to civvies, but its a good read & you can find out all sorts, have a look! they're on about this issue at the moment

ok trickster. i just joined this forum and yes, it appears that american vets/active servicemen are welcome. i am a veteran of the US army's 10th Mountain Division and am quite interested to see what i'll find/hear. i don't know how much i'll participate (this is really the only forum i spend time on) but it should be interesting.

strayrider
29-Jan-2010, 06:05 AM
Click (http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/archives/8137) for article.

3. Cut a deal.

What an utter joke. :dead:

4. Remain until anyone who dares speak the word Taliban is either ridiculed or shot on sight by the local population.

Heck, these fools haven't been able to launch anything even remotely resembling the Tet Offensive. They have got to be teetering on the brink of oblivion...a few more little shoves...

Then all we'll have to deal with are the panty bombers and the occasional rogue shooters. Either or can be dealt with by an armed populace. No police or military intervention needed!

:D

-stray-

DubiousComforts
29-Jan-2010, 06:11 AM

3. Cut a deal.
4. Sign them to an exclusive Tali-brand of desert street wear for sale at WalMart.

Everyone forgets about blowing up shit for Allah when they're in mad cheddar.

strayrider
29-Jan-2010, 07:16 AM
4. Sign them to an exclusive Tali-brand of desert street wear for sale at WalMart.

:lol:

http://www.briet.de/uploads/toyota_taliban.jpg
Save money. Live better.

:D

-stray-

Tricky
29-Jan-2010, 11:28 AM
ok trickster. i just joined this forum and yes, it appears that american vets/active servicemen are welcome. i am a veteran of the US army's 10th Mountain Division and am quite interested to see what i'll find/hear. i don't know how much i'll participate (this is really the only forum i spend time on) but it should be interesting.

What name are you going under mike? Il keep an eye out for your posts! Like I say I dont want to join because I havent served (yet! I can reapply next year) & I dont want to be seen as a fake, but I do enjoy reading some of the threads on there as they are quite interesting & give a better perspective of things our military are involved with rather than the skewed opinions of the media or those who dont understand the military. Plus theres a lot of debates about everyday politics & so forth on there, and I respect a lot of the opinions of serving folk rather than those of your everyday man on the street. They seem to call americans on there "septics" which I think is rhyming slang "septic tank - Yank", so be ready for that :p

Neil
29-Jan-2010, 01:06 PM
...and they don't think, just maybe they'll take the money, and commence business as usual? ie: What's to say money=change of mind?

Tricky
29-Jan-2010, 01:59 PM
...and they don't think, just maybe they'll take the money, and commence business as usual? ie: What's to say money=change of mind?

Thats my opinion on it, there are people who say its worked in other countries before, but the Taliban & the various other groups fighting with them are all ideologically & religiously motivated, they want the infidel invaders off their land & are already receiving plenty of money to buy arms from donors around the world, they will be laughing their heads off at us for trying to pay them off! Gordons idea to pay them will just mean the British taxpayer is funding the enemy to kill our own troops, while Gordon wont provide the cash to buy said troops the right equipment to do their job as safely as possible, or look after them when they are badly wounded in the line of duty! The labour government are the biggest danger Britain has faced since the Nazis :mad:

_liam_
29-Jan-2010, 06:52 PM
Business as usual for The Taliban is cutting pipeline deals, studying Islam & treating their own people like crap, They have no international agenda (like Iran does). They aren't part of a big worldwide jihad or even part of the anti-Israeli agenda. The whole Wahhabi nutter thing is imported from other Arab countries

The problem here is if we stay, it creates problems for us. If we leave, they may get desperate & host another nutter group like Zawahiri & Bin Laden's al qaeda branch.

So the solution could be leave, but retain very strong ties with the Afghan government, thus making Afghanistan an easy place to infest with intelligence agents, and make sure Afghans are not punished by the authorities for cooperating with our people.

This way we make sure that neither do Islamist groups take shelter there, but we can also cut down on export terrorism from within Afghanistan

That's how it looks anyway.

Tricky
29-Jan-2010, 07:25 PM
The problem is that the Afghan government the west are trying to prop up is massively corrupt & even legalised rape within marriage last year, and it has been infiltrated by the taliban, al qaeda & other Islamofascist groups at every level. If we stay or leave I dont think it will make any difference to the overall future of Afghanistan, other than the amount of coffins we see passing through Wootton Bassett. The taliban will never beat us in open battle & they know it, even with Gordons disgraceful penny pinching we still have probably the best army in the world, but they are playing the long game of attrition & its working quite well for them with both Britain & America now talking about "exit strategy", which translates as "shit, we cant win this, how can we get out without looking like we lost?"

JDFP
29-Jan-2010, 09:43 PM
If anyone thinks we are going anywhere, they are sorely mistaken. We'll keep our bases in Afghanistan and Iraq well stocked and manned. We aren't going anywhere. We're going to need these bases when we decide to come a knockin' on Iran's door in the next few years. It's just a matter of time before it happens. I think the first step of it will be saying to Israel: "Hey, why don't you tell Iran what you think of their propaganda?"

I'm sure the Mossad already has every inch of Iran already mapped out and planned out. Rule # 1: Don't ever mess with the Mossad. It's only a matter of time.

j.p.

rightwing401
30-Jan-2010, 11:33 PM
Well, lets do a little backtracking here.

Pakastan tried cutting a deal with the Taliban in their Northeastern providences. The deal was they would be granted defacto control over several providences and have Shira law become the offical law of the land for those areas. In exchange, the Taliban fighters had to lay down their weapons and not try to spread their influence into any other areas.

Fast forward about three months after the deal. The Taliban used that time to incredibly strengthen their hold over the areas they had been granted control, to the point where they were the police and government. They did not lay down their arms as per the agreement. And then, suprise, suprise, they flooded a neighboring territory with hundreds of their fighters and almost siezed control of the region's capital city. Then the Pakistani army had to do exactly what they had hoped to avoid with the deal, conduct a bloody and protracted campaign to flush the s.o.b.'s out of the whole region and reestablish official control.

I think history here speaks for itself on whether or not we should try cutting a deal with these jokers.

_liam_
01-Feb-2010, 12:35 PM
If anyone thinks we are going anywhere, they are sorely mistaken. We'll keep our bases in Afghanistan and Iraq well stocked and manned. We aren't going anywhere. We're going to need these bases when we decide to come a knockin' on Iran's door in the next few years. It's just a matter of time before it happens. I think the first step of it will be saying to Israel: "Hey, why don't you tell Iran what you think of their propaganda?"

I'm sure the Mossad already has every inch of Iran already mapped out and planned out. Rule # 1: Don't ever mess with the Mossad. It's only a matter of time.

j.p.

Anonymous Mossad sources say they already have a strike plan for Iran's nuclear facilities (which are largely underground) - laser guided bunker busters followed by low yield nuke

JDFP
02-Feb-2010, 01:58 AM
Anonymous Mossad sources say they already have a strike plan for Iran's nuclear facilities (which are largely underground) - laser guided bunker busters followed by low yield nuke

Or so they want you to believe. Or so they really will. The Mossad as an organization puts the KGB (don't ever believe they aren't still around in some capacity) or the CIA to shame -- other than the Illuminati (or perhaps part of it) they are probably the most powerful organization of knowledge in the world.

j.p.

_liam_
15-Feb-2010, 05:03 AM
Yes well I took it with a pinch of dead sea salt :D

But they don't take any guff, they've done it before with 80/90s tech

Tricky
15-Feb-2010, 07:56 AM
I see we've lost a few lads in this new offensive over the last couple of days, big shame. Soldiers die in war, its to be expected, but the sad part is they've died for what will probably turn out to be nothing when we make a hasty exit in the next year or so :(

EvilNed
15-Feb-2010, 01:11 PM
Or so they want you to believe. Or so they really will. The Mossad as an organization puts the KGB (don't ever believe they aren't still around in some capacity) or the CIA to shame -- other than the Illuminati (or perhaps part of it) they are probably the most powerful organization of knowledge in the world.

j.p.

Oh, the KGB, no they're definetly not around anymore. Nope. Not a single one. They're gone. Absolutely. Yepp...

_liam_
15-Feb-2010, 02:59 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DR9kjdJtOj4/SUliiYtmKXI/AAAAAAAAAGI/ZKaEQnnTP-4/s400/KGB+-+Still+Watching+You!.jpg

Very sad to hear we lost some people today, and 12 civilians yesterday. I do believe that moshtarak will do some long-lasting good though with regard to afghani infrastructure and scuppering the smack trade

Mike70
15-Feb-2010, 03:13 PM
What name are you going under mike? Il keep an eye out for your posts!

same name that i use here. i haven't posted yet. i have been visiting there relatively regularly and reading what other folks have to say but a place like that, i want to have a really solid idea of the lay of the land before i jump in.

Tricky
15-Feb-2010, 05:14 PM
same name that i use here. i haven't posted yet. i have been visiting there relatively regularly and reading what other folks have to say but a place like that, i want to have a really solid idea of the lay of the land before i jump in.

Yeah its a good read on there I think, I find out a lot on there that I wouldnt otherwise! Like I said I wont be registering on there unless the army accept me when I reapply next year, but I do lurk around the current affairs threads