PDA

View Full Version : Freaking Comcast Cable

DjfunkmasterG
01-Jun-2006, 12:08 AM
Everyone knows I am no fan of LAND, but it ****es me off when people misquote, misprint or misrepresent any title to any film. I just received my Monthly ONDEMAND premium Listings email and what do they list for CINEMAX:

New This month :

Dominion: Prequel To The Exorcist (with blurbs)

Land of the Living Dead (George Romeros 5th opus into his living Dead series)

5th? WTF? Please don't tell me Comcast is considering Day 2 to be the fourth in the series. I hate Land, but enough enough to group it with that piece of trash.

MinionZombie
01-Jun-2006, 10:24 AM
*ugh* I hate it when listings people can't be f*cked to get it right, "living" hasn't been in the titles since "Night", geez. For instance, in the TV guide the other week there was a summary of "Bring Back The A-Team" on Channel 4, and the reviewer was going something along the lines of 'can he bring back all the members of the A-Team?' - well he bloody well won't, Peppard's been dead for TWELVE YEARS, geez.

"Land of the Living Dead" ... oh for gawd's sake. A quick googling or IMDb-ing would have cleared up that muppet's head.

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 07:34 AM
Believe it or not g4 advertised dawn as, dawn of the living dead a couple of years back as well. Yet more examples of the media disrespecting gar's film. They probably thought they were all cool and stuff. Knowing how they butchered the tiltle i couldn't bring myself to watch it, something i usually do when one of the films is broadcast on tv.

acealive1
26-Jun-2007, 07:40 AM
Everyone knows I am no fan of LAND, but it ****es me off when people misquote, misprint or misrepresent any title to any film. I just received my Monthly ONDEMAND premium Listings email and what do they list for CINEMAX:

New This month :

Dominion: Prequel To The Exorcist (with blurbs)

Land of the Living Dead (George Romeros 5th opus into his living Dead series)

5th? WTF? Please don't tell me Comcast is considering Day 2 to be the fourth in the series. I hate Land, but enough enough to group it with that piece of trash.

be glad you have comcast....realize u could be stuck in northwest ohio with buckeye cable. u guys have it VERY nice

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 05:42 PM
All cable companies suck. Unfortunately in my market evry region has just one, it's like a monopoly. So if you're disatisfied there's really nowhere else to go.

MinionZombie
26-Jun-2007, 05:51 PM
Here in the UK we have Virgin Media - the new guys (sorta) - and the big daddies that are Sky (Rupert Murdoch).

Sky have the monopoly, but really could do with a booting from Virgin so that Sky drop their friggin' prices, they're too high and they keep adding smaller magazines to their main magazine telling you what's on sky, with interviews pillaged from other magazines, it's piss-annoying and useless...get rid of that sh*t and drop the damn price!

I mean a replacement remote control is TWENTY FREAKING QUID!!! And it's not like they're hard up for customers, the majority of the country with more than terrestrial TV have Sky...

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 07:15 PM
I mean a replacement remote control is TWENTY FREAKING QUID!!! And it's not like they're hard up for customers, the majority of the country with more than terrestrial TV have Sky...

You have to pay for replacements!?! :eek: That's bullsh8t. We get all that for free here. A couple of months back the hard drive in my dvr cable box malfunctioned so i needed a new one. Since i was making the trip anyway i took that along with 3 remotes to the cable headquarters and got brand new replacements free of charge. Thnx, i feel better about my cable now.:D

bassman
26-Jun-2007, 07:23 PM
Well....with all the sequels and foreign titles trying to live off the success of other films, what do you expect.

Speaking of.....I saw this video the other day. It's a funny little video from the angry video game nerd about sequel titles in movies and games. He talks about the confusing Dawn/Zombi/Zombie thing about 8:55 into it as well as numerous other pop culture sequel mishaps.

Look for a pretty funny part about Stallone's obsession with putting full character names into sequels and thinking it makes a difference. Something I couldn't agree with more...

OEVzPCY2T-g

darth los
26-Jun-2007, 08:02 PM
Well....with all the sequels and foreign titles trying to live off the success of other films, what do you expect.

Speaking of.....I saw this video the other day. It's a funny little video from the angry video game nerd about sequel titles in movies and games. He talks about the confusing Dawn/Zombi/Zombie thing about 8:55 into it as well as numerous other pop culture sequel mishaps.

Look for a pretty funny part about Stallone's obsession with putting full character names into sequels and thinking it makes a difference. Something I couldn't agree with more...

OEVzPCY2T-g

This guy is hilarious, he's definitely spot on. I didn't even know there was a zombi 3-6. He's always so angry though, thus his name i guess. He needs to puff on a joint for a while. :D

MinionZombie
28-Jun-2007, 04:50 PM
"what a bunch of f*cking bullf*ck" :lol:

"what a sh*t load of f*ck" :lol:

It was Rocky Balboa because while it was a sequel, it ties perfectly with Rocky I, so you can't call it Rocky II, and they ARE NOT doing another, that's the end of it, likewise John Rambo will be the end of those, so there's no more. I liked them using the name. :)

But Zombi 2 (ZFE) isn't a sequel, it's merely a name-rape...gawd, I'm such a nerd too, eh? :D

acealive1
28-Jun-2007, 04:59 PM
All cable companies suck. Unfortunately in my market evry region has just one, it's like a monopoly. So if you're disatisfied there's really nowhere else to go.

we have buckeye cable in this area and thats all. i cant even fathom paying $60 a month for basic cable and NO CABLE BOX! my bro got cable recently and i had to come rewire the crap cuz the guy didnt do it right, yet i cant get a job with them. when i lived in l.a. there were no less than 3 cable companies and prices were as hell. MAYBE $35 a month. here, they try to stick ya with any charges they see fit and wonder why people steal cable

darth los
28-Jun-2007, 05:12 PM
we have buckeye cable in this area and thats all. i cant even fathom paying $60 a month for basic cable and NO CABLE BOX! my bro got cable recently and i had to come rewire the crap cuz the guy didnt do it right, yet i cant get a job with them. when i lived in l.a. there were no less than 3 cable companies and prices were as hell. MAYBE $35 a month. here, they try to stick ya with any charges they see fit and wonder why people steal cable

They do it because they can. When they have a monopoly they can charge pretty much whatever they please within federal guidelines. No one's forcing you to pay but really, who's going to go without cable? :rolleyes: