PDA

View Full Version : Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps

bassman
29-Jan-2010, 12:20 PM
Not quite sure what to make of this...

NXPJx-Bm-Ho&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Of course the first Wall Street is a good movie, but this will have a totally different tone if the trailer is any indication.

Loved the cell phone bit.:)

capncnut
29-Jan-2010, 12:23 PM
Oh. My. God. :stunned:

It looks fucking terrible! Why even go there Oliver? WHY?

krakenslayer
29-Jan-2010, 12:42 PM
Another unnecessary sequel, eh?

What next? The Truman Show 2?

MinionZombie
29-Jan-2010, 02:03 PM
Another unnecessary sequel, eh?

What next? The Truman Show 2?
Unnecessary?

Hmmm ... I wouldn't say that, surprising yes. However I think in the current climate it's actually quite suitable.

It'll be interesting to see what Stone does with this - although the trailer does paint it almost as a freakin' comedy, but then again trailers are cut by different people - I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing this, just to see where it goes.

The original movie was great, and well, Stone's recent efforts haven't been all that great or particularly interesting. World Trade Center was workmanlike, but odd coming from Stone, and W was simply too soon, too toothless, too pointless and just ... naff, all said.

This looks interesting though ... I just hope it's not a "banker bashing" movie. It needs to be more intelligent than that, because the financial crisis has been far more complex (with far more people involved from two other sectors - government, and population at large) than "a bunch of greedy banker dicks fucked us".

Anyway - interesting looking trailer - clearly playing on what people know of the original movie, and mainly Gecko himself. Methinks the movie will play differently, but I do wanna see it.

AcesandEights
29-Jan-2010, 02:19 PM
There came into Egypt a Pharoah who did not know.

Danny
29-Jan-2010, 02:19 PM
What is this i dont even.

AcesandEights
29-Jan-2010, 02:34 PM
What is this.

It's a prophecy. The rich have been doing it to the poor since the beginning of time. The only difference between the Pyramids and Citizen Kane is that the Egyptians didn't have unions.

I know what this sequel is about--greed--Stone's in and out for the buck and he don't take prisoners. He don't give a damn about narrative progression or us...

krakenslayer
29-Jan-2010, 02:34 PM
Hmmm ... I wouldn't say that, surprising yes. However I think in the current climate it's actually quite suitable.

The Truman Show 2 would also be thematically suitable for the current climate, but it would still be bat-shit crazy to sequelize that movie. :D

We're certainly due some movies about banking, I'll give you that, but Wall Street 2!? :eek: