PDA

View Full Version : "Day" 25th anniversary U.K. dvd

thxleo
03-Feb-2010, 12:23 AM
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/18936

axlish
03-Feb-2010, 12:28 AM
This looks like a quality release that fans of the film should seek out. I am completely satisfied with the Region A release of Day of the Dead, it looks immaculate. The dubbing issue never bothered me. As a matter of fact, I have never noticed it, ever.

SRP76
03-Feb-2010, 12:33 AM
That was a fast 25 years.:(

DubiousComforts
03-Feb-2010, 03:08 AM
Ain't that the truth. :(

fulci fan
03-Feb-2010, 03:19 AM
Old guys...

3pidemiC
03-Feb-2010, 03:28 AM
Great news. I'll definately be seeking this one out.

zombiekiller
03-Feb-2010, 03:47 AM

feels like i just went to the drive-in and seen it(which i did when it came out.):evil:

bassman
03-Feb-2010, 12:06 PM
What's with the article saying Day never got a good documentary treatment? Many Days of Day of the Dead?:confused:

Some of those sleeves are cool, some are just sad. And as Axlish said...the audio track thing isn't an issue as far as i'm concerned.

DubiousComforts
03-Feb-2010, 08:45 PM
What's with the article saying Day never got a good documentary treatment? Many Days of Day of the Dead?:confused:
I'm not convinced that a feature entitled Joe of the Dead qualifies as a "documentary" of anything except quite possibly how to provoke a migraine.

bassman
03-Feb-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm not convinced that a feature entitled Joe of the Dead qualifies as a "documentary" of anything except quite possibly how to provoke a migraine.

yeah....and it's not much of a documentary on the film when you think about it. "Let's see, the only one we could get is Joe Pilato. . . Let's make a documentary around him and him alone! Yeah, that's a great idea.":rolleyes:

DubiousComforts
03-Feb-2010, 08:51 PM
yeah....and it's not much of a documentary on the film when you think about it.
Not to mention have you actually ever been around Joe Pilato? The fun wears off in about five minutes.

BillyRay
06-Apr-2010, 07:26 PM
Just saw a review - apparently Joe gushes over the NOTLD puppet show, so it can't be too bad, right? :D

(I gota get a Blu-ray now)

Trin
06-Apr-2010, 09:28 PM
"...to a movie that is still as shockingly violent and claustrophobic today as it was twenty-five years ago."

That is the best line from the article, and soooo true. Day holds up in ways none of the other films has.

I don't think I'm going to buy this. I love my current copy of Day and don't see anything to improve it in this offering. I'm not that excited about listening to Joe ruminate over the event 25 years later. I doubt much fact would come from that. And the rest is just... meh.

3pidemiC
07-Apr-2010, 12:43 PM
Any word on this? Anyone get it?

Legion2213
07-Apr-2010, 04:23 PM
I've got the Dawn & Day BD releases from Arrow, they are lovely packages.

Not had chance to watch either of them yet though.

Danny
08-Apr-2010, 11:02 PM

only 25? i thought day was more than 3 years older than me. but theres just something about 80's movies that 'age' them in a much more negative way than anything before or after y'know? like black and white or 60's and 7's colour has its charm, 90's is just a crappier version of what we have now, and 80's films just have this separate section for themselves like "this looks kinda grainy, oh- but its an 80's film, so its cool"