PDA

View Full Version : bioshock 2 launch trailer

Danny
03-Feb-2010, 05:58 AM
vd-YFxpN4Jg

In a word: "HURM." im cautiously excited, but the horror aspect looks gone, you came off as damn near invincible in that trailer. it might be a fun game but i can tell this aint gonna be the same bioshock we know and love.

capncnut
03-Feb-2010, 11:39 AM
My first impressions:

The first half of the trailer is almost identical to the original Bioshock trailer: Little Sister persued by an enemy, Big Daddy arrives and thrusts forth the drill. So yeah, pretty lame if you ask me.

The second half was a bit more interesting but really doesn't look as exciting as the first game. The big fat dude throwing concrete blocks looked all right, if not similar to the Tank in Left 4 Dead. Nothing else was redeeming, same old routine of freezing enemies and smashing them to bits.

I probably will get this eventually, but it will be end of the year styley when it's a tenner at GameStation. Not paying full whack for a rehash.

bassman
03-Feb-2010, 12:02 PM
I probably will get this eventually, but it will be end of the year styley when it's a tenner at GameStation. Not paying full whack for a rehash.

Same here. The first was enjoyable for what it was, but this looks like a cash in. They're just selling the same game twice and everyone's going to throw their money at them for it....

capncnut
03-Feb-2010, 12:17 PM
Same here. The first was enjoyable for what it was, but this looks like a cash in. They're just selling the same game twice and everyone's going to throw their money at them for it....
Yeah, man. Not only that but I'm a bit more excited about some of the other games coming out this year, such as Deus Ex 3 and Alan 'is that curry sauce on my trousers or did I just pebbledash myself' Wake. :D

MinionZombie
03-Feb-2010, 01:05 PM
Yeah, man. Not only that but I'm a bit more excited about some of the other games coming out this year, such as Deus Ex 3 and Alan 'is that curry sauce on my trousers or did I just pebbledash myself' Wake. :D
Damn straight - not only Alan Wake, but Mafia 2, and Red Dead Redemption.

All those motherfuckers come way before BioShock 2 on my list. The new Splinter Cell is higher up the list than BS2 as well.

There was a brief time that I was gonna pre-order BS2, but then they started that bullshit of pimping out shittily 'snipped out' edits of 42 second multiplayer clips of people just shooting at each other - which is totally against what BS1 was about.

Sure it has shooting in it, and it's an FPS, but it was more about being within this world - I spent far more time gawping at the scenery and listening to audio recordings etc, than I ever did shooting shit.

The opening few levels of BioShock were flawless in their setting up of Rapture - the entire game should have been like that, had that vibe, so while the original game wasn't perfect (the final levels are a cop-out compared to the excellent first 70% of the game), it was sodding great. I was late to the party on that one just because I had a bunch of games to catch up on already.

I'll be late to the party for BS2, but for very different reasons. Plus I'd wanna see what the reviews say first, as well as see gameplay videos on YouTube etc before I'd wanna dip my toe into it, but indeed ... "hurm".

bassman
03-Feb-2010, 01:13 PM
The more I think about it, I may not even get this game. I just remembered how long it took me to beat the first one and how annoyed I got with it. Maybe it's just because i'm not a hard core gamer like some folks around here(70 hours?:eek:), but even on easy Bioshock got on my nerves.

As MZ said, the beginnings of that game are top notch, but after a while it lost it's edge and became extremely irritating for someone like me.

So yeah....I'm passing on this one. I might give it a chance when I find it in the 5 dollar bin.

Aliens Vs Predator is my February poichase.:thumbsup:

darth los
03-Feb-2010, 02:00 PM
The more I think about it, I may not even get this game. I just remembered how long it took me to beat the first one and how annoyed I got with it. Maybe it's just because i'm not a hard core gamer like some folks around here(70 hours?:eek:), but even on easy Bioshock got on my nerves.

As MZ said, the beginnings of that game are top notch, but after a while it lost it's edge and became extremely irritating for someone like me.

So yeah....I'm passing on this one. I might give it a chance when I find it in the 5 dollar bin.

Aliens Vs Predator is my February poichase.:thumbsup:

That's exactly why i rent from gamefly. If i like the game enough to want to keep it, i do, at a discounted price of course. If it turns out to be a turd i just collect all the achievement points i can and send it back. (I'm talking about you Darksiders).

:cool:

Danny
03-Feb-2010, 03:29 PM
looking at release dates this is going out within 3 weeks of heavy rain AND final fantasy 13 coming out, they must be pretty damn confident that this will make money.

darth los
03-Feb-2010, 03:41 PM
looking at release dates this is going out within 3 weeks of heavy rain AND final fantasy 13 coming out, they must be pretty damn confident that this will make money.

We'll see.

The original came out in the doldrums of summer (august 27th, i believe).

Imo, that helped it out alot because it was a really good game and since there was nothing else out at the time it forced people to pay attention and give it a decent chance.

All these developers are turning their franchises into shit, putting so much focus on the multiplayer. I hope what happened in the interim from RE 4 to RE 5 doesn't happen here as well.

MinionZombie
03-Feb-2010, 04:48 PM
What is it with this focus on multiplayer? Some games just aren't meant to be multiplayer.

If you can't better the MP of other games in your genre - DON'T FUCKING BOTHER! Produce a stellar SP experience, and leave it at fucking THAT. :eek:

BioShock doesn't need MP.

bassman
03-Feb-2010, 04:57 PM
Produce a stellar SP experience, and leave it at fucking THAT. :eek:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o146/AmethystAura/BravoClappingCrowd.gif

That's what made Bioshock start out great. It was a frightening and entertaining sp experience. Multiplayer in a Bioshock game? Pass...

MinionZombie
03-Feb-2010, 05:05 PM
And in the early levels of BioShock there's not an awful lot of shooting. I was far more interested in discovering this world (both times I've played it), and listening to audio logs, and just generally exploring this amazing creation ... the shooting was secondary.

The whole of BS2 should be like that, but by the looks of things it certainly won't be. It'll be all guns blazing ... and that's just not what BioShock is for.

darth los
03-Feb-2010, 05:07 PM
What is it with this focus on multiplayer? Some games just aren't meant to be multiplayer.

If you can't better the MP of other games in your genre - DON'T FUCKING BOTHER! Produce a stellar SP experience, and leave it at fucking THAT. :eek:

BioShock doesn't need MP.

You're preaching to the choir on dat one brotha.

Me thinks that the developers are just doing what the trendy thing is right now= kids are into it = the most profit possible.

It's a shame because the are blatantly shortchanging the "campaigns" in favor of mp. I keep going back to RE 5 because imo it's the single biggest reason that game sucked.

Re4 didn't have it and that was one of the best games I've ever played. Bioshock didn't have it and that game was stellar as well. The atmosphere alone was absolutely Jaw dropping.

darth los
09-Feb-2010, 07:44 PM
Not a bad rating at all. I'm getting it from gamefly sometime at the end of this week. Although with the snowstorm we're about to have I'm sure it'll be delayed some.

I'll post my first impressions then.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/bioshock2/review.html?tag=topslot;thumb;1

capncnut
10-Feb-2010, 09:27 AM
And in the early levels of BioShock there's not an awful lot of shooting. I was far more interested in discovering this world (both times I've played it), and listening to audio logs, and just generally exploring this amazing creation ... the shooting was secondary.
The exploration and creepy-assed audio logs were what kept me playing until the end. I wasn't really bothered about the action. It's like Half Life: Episode 2 and that long finale where you just wander around the base for ages, the detonation, and closing nastiness was miles was better than that epic strider attack.

MinionZombie
10-Feb-2010, 01:42 PM
The exploration and creepy-assed audio logs were what kept me playing until the end. I wasn't really bothered about the action. It's like Half Life: Episode 2 and that long finale where you just wander around the base for ages, the detonation, and closing nastiness was miles was better than that epic strider attack.
Damn straight, sir, damn straight.

It's like with The Saboteur, which I just finished t'other day, without giving anything away the final mission is purely about story and the characters and exacting revenge ... there's very little action to do, it's more about those aforementioned things, as well as atmosphere (of which there was tons in the finale, which naturally takes place at the Eiffel Tower, and features a haunting piano remix of "Feeling Good").

capncnut
10-Feb-2010, 07:40 PM
It's like with The Saboteur, which I just finished t'other day, without giving anything away the final mission is purely about story and the characters and exacting revenge ... there's very little action to do, it's more about those aforementioned things, as well as atmosphere (of which there was tons in the finale, which naturally takes place at the Eiffel Tower, and features a haunting piano remix of "Feeling Good").
Been thinking about getting that. Saw a review on Playr the other morning and it rubs me up the right way. Like two teenage chicks fighting over my lightsaber. :D

MinionZombie
11-Feb-2010, 10:43 AM
Been thinking about getting that. Saw a review on Playr the other morning and it rubs me up the right way. Like two teenage chicks fighting over my lightsaber. :D
:lol:

Dirty bugger.

It does have its rough edges, and needs polishing in certain respects. However, I had a lot of fun blowing up the hundreds (literally) of "freeplay targets", leaping across the rooftops of Nazi occupied Paris, and just generally being in that world.

Other games have done these elements better, sure, but The Saboteur still provided me with 50 hours of fun times. I got it for £20 on a sale, and I think that was an idea price for it. If I'd paid £40 I'd have felt ripped off, but £20 was spot-on for me ... then again I am a cheap bastard. :D

capncnut
11-Feb-2010, 11:10 AM
I got it for £20 on a sale, and I think that was an idea price for it. If I'd paid £40 I'd have felt ripped off, but £20 was spot-on for me ... then again I am a cheap bastard. :D
I'm the same really. Unless I absolutely gots to have it (Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake, etc) then I don't mind waiting 6-10 months until it's half price. It's not the end of the world for me.

And I think I'll pop in GameStation and have a ganders for Saboteur tomorrow or saturday. :)

MinionZombie
11-Feb-2010, 01:30 PM
Schweeeeet.

And if you've got XBL, you can download a patch that takes the pasties off the dancing girls' nipples, and unlocks brothels (for hiding places) as well as a secret underground pleasure place with cheeky dances to watch ... ... I don't have XBL though ... but I do have YouTube. :p

I rather enjoyed being Sean Devlin (the protagonist), and despite the rough edges and lack of polish in some respects, I really did quite enjoy it - which seems to be the common reaction the game has had.