PDA

View Full Version : Watchmen 2

bassman
04-Feb-2010, 01:30 AM
Yikes (http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=30686)

I enjoyed the flick and I've liked the novel for years, but....REALLY? Are you kidding?? If this happens, I foresee swarms of comic fans rising from the darkness to reclaim what was once Moore's.

And we all know Moore is more than a mortal man...

Danny
04-Feb-2010, 02:29 AM
long.
exasperated.
sigh.

clanglee
04-Feb-2010, 02:57 AM
Oh my. . . that would be a sign of the apocalypse wouldn't it?:stunned:

DjfunkmasterG
04-Feb-2010, 08:46 AM
Well Snyder did say he WOULDN'T so a sequel so who will direct it?

Danny
04-Feb-2010, 09:11 AM
Well Snyder did say he WOULDN'T so a sequel so who will direct it?

bet'cha its sam raimi, he recently announced he has another project in the works before the warcraft movie.

clanglee
04-Feb-2010, 09:29 AM
bet'cha its sam raimi, he recently announced he has another project in the works before the warcraft movie.

http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/pv/John%20Lithgow-9.jpg
You shut your sacrilegious mouth young man!!!

;)

Danny
04-Feb-2010, 10:03 AM
just a theory dude, dont mean i want it

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y91/khazrak/1229812302479.jpg

MinionZombie
04-Feb-2010, 10:55 AM
Why? No need. Leave it alone.

blind2d
04-Feb-2010, 11:46 AM
Seriously! I thought the movie ended well, and... well, there isn't really anything left to cover from the comics besides the big alien monster... and... yeah, this seems stupid. Hey... did anyone else just hear a voice call out "takes one to know one"? Just me then? All right.

MikePizzoff
04-Feb-2010, 03:15 PM
I liked the movie... when I first saw it. After having plenty of time to think about it, I realized I forced myself to like it and now find it pretty dull when re-watching bits and pieces.

bassman
04-Feb-2010, 04:02 PM
I liked the movie... when I first saw it. After having plenty of time to think about it, I realized I forced myself to like it and now find it pretty dull when re-watching bits and pieces.

Have you ever read the novel?

Just curious because sometimes I think that has a lot to do with me liking the film. Most people that haven't read the book think the movie is boring, too long, etc, etc.

MinionZombie
04-Feb-2010, 05:19 PM
Have you ever read the novel?

Just curious because sometimes I think that has a lot to do with me liking the film. Most people that haven't read the book think the movie is boring, too long, etc, etc.
Not me.

I've not yet read the graphic novel ... but I quite liked the film first time around in the cinema, and recently got the DC on DVD and found it to be better, and I really quite like it now.

darth los
04-Feb-2010, 05:27 PM
Hey... did anyone else just hear a voice call out "takes one to know one"? Just me then? All right.

No, but there was a hint of " i know you are, but what am i"? :lol:

:cool:

blind2d
05-Feb-2010, 03:40 AM
Ahh! I get the two confused... So I read Watchmen, then immediately watched it online for free afterward, and... the book just seemed so much better. Black Freighter was a good animated story, but the live action movie... seemed to drag... less interesting than the graphic novel. Hmm...

rongravy
05-Feb-2010, 07:10 AM
Seriously! I thought the movie ended well, and... well, there isn't really anything left to cover from the comics besides the big alien monster... and... yeah, this seems stupid.

I heard it was a prequel, something about the earlier group of heroes or something?

Ehhh, the movie was ok and I liked it. I tried picking up the graphic novel, not my cup of tea. I'd rather read it in type instead of looking at pictures...

Mr.G
11-Feb-2010, 02:16 PM
I think this rumor has been debunked. Thank God!

SymphonicX
11-Feb-2010, 04:03 PM
Probably for the best^^^

the first one was enjoyable, only cos I fell in love with Silk Spectre 2 a little bit. I fail.

But regardless it went on for like 6 hours more than it should have...seemed like they crammed too much in there but it was a respectable effort.

AcesandEights
11-Feb-2010, 05:40 PM
But regardless it went on for like 6 hours more than it should have...seemed like they crammed too much in there but it was a respectable effort.

Pshaw! Yon get of MTV hast infected thou with a dispiriting lack of patience for film fare, Sir.

Just wanted to try my hand at using the MTV generation meme. It's kind of fun.