View Full Version : Red Band Trailer for Cop Out - Funny as hell

DjfunkmasterG
05-Feb-2010, 05:33 PM
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/05/cop-out-red-band-trailer/

L0czPorcdVM

Danny
05-Feb-2010, 06:07 PM
oh thank god.

i saw the first trailer and it was the most unfunny, poorly cut piece of by the numbers crap id seen in years, id written the movie off as a rental. this?, this is funny. back to a theatre view i think.

bassman
05-Feb-2010, 06:38 PM
much, much, MUCH better than the first green band trailer. Not a huge fan of Morgan's style, but Willis seems to be in good form and the jokes were pretty good.:thumbsup:

MinionZombie
05-Feb-2010, 06:55 PM
The green bander wasn't amazing, for sure ... although I did end up really liking the "no, no, no, no, hell no, no!" thing after Gary and Brian kept doing it on one of their recent podcasts. :D

That red bander though was fucking hilarious! I was gonna see it in the cinema anyway, but now I'm really stoked to go see it.

The bit with Bruce Willis drawing a window dick on the glass by that dude's mouth was brilliant, it's odd though (in a good way) to see Willis getting some dirty-minded comedy to play with. :cool::thumbsup:

MikePizzoff
05-Feb-2010, 10:21 PM
Damn it, I can't get this to play for me. From what I've read it sounds like a good premise, though.

Danny
05-Feb-2010, 10:25 PM
Damn it, I can't get this to play for me. From what I've read it sounds like a good premise, though.

tracy morgan pins a suspect to a one way mirror, on the other side bruce willis draws a cock on the glass going in his mouth.

a 10 year old kicks tracy morgan in the junk, not origional right?, then whilst hes doubled over he punches the kid in the junk.

those two polarising facts should make you fall into the d-bag "thats offensive" category or the "thats rad" category.

YOU be the judge.:lol:

DjfunkmasterG
05-Feb-2010, 11:21 PM
L0czPorcdVM

bassman
05-Feb-2010, 11:48 PM
of all the jokes, I think "His wife says he's all foreskin" had me laughing the most....

DjfunkmasterG
24-Feb-2010, 12:33 PM
REVIEW FROM VILLAGE VOICE:

http://www.villagevoice.com/2010-02-23/film/kevin-smith-s-cop-out-so-clich-eacute-filled-it-just-might-work/

LouCipherr
24-Feb-2010, 05:14 PM
The green bander wasn't amazing, for sure ... although I did end up really liking the "no, no, no, no, hell no, no!" thing after Gary and Brian kept doing it on one of their recent podcasts. :D

:o

The bit with Bruce Willis drawing a window dick on the glass by that dude's mouth was brilliant, it's odd though (in a good way) to see Willis getting some dirty-minded comedy to play with. :cool::thumbsup:

The script may not have been written by Smith, but he definitely put some of his stuff in there. There's a part when Morgan is interrogating a suspect and he's screaming out lines from other movies and Willis is naming them as he's doing it... at one point, he says the "Yippie kai-yay..." line from Die Hard, and they cut to Willis who says "never seen that one.." :lol:

I hope this pushes Smith over his 30mil box office "slump" so-to-speak.

Not to mention, I'm DYING for him to film Red State! Dammit, that better be his next flick or I'm gonna be pissed. :D

MinionZombie
24-Feb-2010, 05:33 PM
His next flick is "Hit Somebody" with Seann William Scott in the lead role.

Smith is figuring out how to fund Red State, as the funding he had set up fell through, they've been researching how to fund it in a 'fan donation' way and what not, but it's still hanging in there to be made eventually, but naturally "Hit Somebody" will get made far easily, so that's his next one ... it's a hockey movie too.

Smith revealed exclusively to NHL.com that Seann William Scott, who worked with Smith on “Cop Out,” will play Buddy, the title character in “Hit Somebody.” The script, based on a Warren Zevon song with lyrics by acclaimed writer Mitch Albom, is a story of a hockey enforcer who strives to score just one goal in a hockey game.

“Seann, for me, was the key into the character,” Smith told NHL.com. “I had all the elements in place, and the one thing I was missing was the personality. Generally I like to write to a voice, but I didn’t know who that voice was or what that voice could be. And then after spending all the time with Seann on this movie, he’s pitch perfect. He is that guy.

“This dude has something in him that you can just see hangs so well on Buddy. He’s got some pain that’s going to work out well. More importantly he has so much love in his heart. Seann Scott is such an ebullient, happy person who’s just happy to be there. And on (“Cop Out”) you could see it. On our set the guy is just so delighted to be working, to be making people laugh. But he’s always dismissed as Stifler. … This is his chance to shine.”
From NewsAskew

LouCipherr
24-Feb-2010, 05:52 PM
His next flick is "Hit Somebody" with Seann William Scott in the lead role.

Goddammit! :mad:

Smith is figuring out how to fund Red State, as the funding he had set up fell through, they've been researching how to fund it in a 'fan donation' way and what not, but it's still hanging in there to be made eventually, but naturally "Hit Somebody" will get made far easily, so that's his next one

Y'know, I heard about this 'fan funding' of Red State, however, Smith just posted on Twitter a few days ago that, and I quote, "Red State WILL get made, and it will not need fan funding to do so."

Wonder if that means he finally found an investor? I hope so, 'cause I'm VERY intrigued with the premise (what little i've heard). That, and when he presented it to the Weinstens, apparently they liked it, but "passed" on it. Hmmm... very interesting.

MinionZombie
24-Feb-2010, 07:32 PM
Indeed on the "very interesting".

We know so little about it, but Smith fans are so up for Red State. I remember when it was either gonna be that or Zack & Miri which would follow Clerks 2, was disappointed that Red State didn't come up straight away - simply to see Smith make a horror movie, which would be really cool to see - but even still I dig what he puts out there.

So yeah, hopefully he's found funding for RS then, if that "Tweet" is anything to go by.

LouCipherr
25-Feb-2010, 12:36 PM
Now, do you think "Red State" is going to be straight-up horror, or more along the lines of a psychological thriller? He hasn't really let on to much about it, but what we have heard about it, it sounds very, very interesting.

I can't picture Smith doing a blood-and-guts horror flick, but then again, I never expected an action movie out of him either, so.... who knows.

Interesting indeed.

bassman
25-Feb-2010, 12:47 PM
I can't picture Smith doing a blood-and-guts horror flick, but then again, I never expected an action movie out of him either, so.... who knows.

Smith made an action film? Which?:rockbrow:

LouCipherr
25-Feb-2010, 12:59 PM
Am I just missing your sarcasm, bassman? :lol:

Perhaps I should've said "action-comedy", being that's what Cop Out is.

bassman
25-Feb-2010, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't call this an action flick. That's like calling Ghostbusters a horror film.:p

DjfunkmasterG
25-Feb-2010, 02:25 PM
Ghostbusters 2 is the horror film... as in horrible. :p

bassman
25-Feb-2010, 02:56 PM
Ghostbusters 2 is the horror film... as in horrible. :p

Touche, sir.

Although I would have to disagree with you on that. It's not all THAT bad. Not in the same league as the original of course, but it's not gut wrenchingly aweful. There's definitely been worse sequels....

LouCipherr
25-Feb-2010, 03:16 PM
From the trailers and clips I've seen, it looks to me like Cop Out does indeed have some action sequences in it, so we'll have to see. I guess we won't know 'till after it's out there.

MinionZombie
25-Feb-2010, 05:02 PM
From the trailers and clips I've seen, it looks to me like Cop Out does indeed have some action sequences in it, so we'll have to see. I guess we won't know 'till after it's out there.
I'd say "Action Comedy" ... or "Comedy Action", is what Cop Out is.

I'm pissed off though, cos us Brits have to wait until friggin' April 16th to get it on our shores! I'd been reading everywhere it was out this weekend, and now all of a sudden it's like "oh yeah, April 16th after all" ... ... dagnammit. :mad:

LouCipherr
25-Feb-2010, 07:22 PM
I'd say "Action Comedy" ... or "Comedy Action", is what Cop Out is.

I knew I wasn't too far off my rocker.. :lol:

I'm pissed off though, cos us Brits have to wait until friggin' April 16th to get it on our shores! I'd been reading everywhere it was out this weekend, and now all of a sudden it's like "oh yeah, April 16th after all" ... ... dagnammit. :mad:

WHAT?! That's stupid. When will these dignbats learn that a simultaneous world-wide release would help curb piracy (which they're soooooo damn worried about). I mean, people in the UK now have to wait almost 2 months for it to come out? That's such BS.. By then you could download the movie and watch it 100 times! After that, what's the point of going to the theater?!

Just to be clear, I'm not condoning downloading it, but I think you understand what I'm trying to get at here. Hollywood.... shoots itself in the foot every time.

DjfunkmasterG
25-Feb-2010, 08:23 PM
its a KEVIN SMITH flick... nuff said! :p