PDA

View Full Version : Lotto lout on the dole

capncnut
09-Feb-2010, 01:29 PM
Lottery 'lout' Michael Carroll won 9.7 million in 2002. Eight years later, he's skint and on jobseekers allowance. Personally, I don't think he should be allowed to cream a single penny off our tax.

Click (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1249209/Lotto-lout-Michael-Carroll-dole-squandering-millions.html) for article.

Tricky
09-Feb-2010, 01:49 PM
He's an absolute scumbag, if he had anything about him he could have set himself up for life, but instead decided to blow all that money on being a bigger piece of chav shit than he was before! You can take the scum out of the slum, but you cant take the slum out of the scum! I'd wet myself laughing at his downfall if it wasnt for the fact my taxes are now funding him :rant:

AcesandEights
09-Feb-2010, 01:57 PM
Carroll picked up his Lotto cheque wearing an electronic offender's tag.

That is mind boggling.

Ghost Of War
09-Feb-2010, 02:04 PM
It makes me feel sick every time I read about this twat. That money could have helped financially set up someone's family for a few generations, and this dickhead gets to piss and snort it all away. Surely there must be some rule about this in the benefits system, where if you blow all your lottery money over a certain amount without at least trying to save/invest it properly you get fuck all benefits when it's gone....no, wait, yeah, this is the UK, isn't it?

bassman
09-Feb-2010, 02:06 PM
Yep....this guy is a c*nt. But you've got to admit that his drug dealer is a friggin genious!:lol:

Ghost Of War
09-Feb-2010, 02:08 PM
Haha, true.

capncnut
09-Feb-2010, 02:14 PM
That is mind boggling.
Ah, but have you heard of the lotto rapist (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article34261.ece) or the lotto pedo (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1024514/Lottery-winner-spent-years-Sex-Offenders-Register-bedding-15-year-old-girl.html)?

darth los
09-Feb-2010, 04:13 PM
Lottery 'lout' Michael Carroll won 9.7 million in 2002. Eight years later, he's skint and on jobseekers allowance. Personally, I don't think he should be allowed to cream a single penny off our tax.

Click (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1249209/Lotto-lout-Michael-Carroll-dole-squandering-millions.html) for article.

Yeah, i find it really hard to feel sympathy for people like that. Athlete's do that all the time. They make tens of millions of dollars during their careers and alot of them, more than you might think, go into banruptcy or atleast are in financial binds that they have no business being in.

More money...more problems.

Oh well, fuck him. He had his shot.

:cool:

Mike70
09-Feb-2010, 07:58 PM

'twas only a matter of time. i saw a segment about this goofball about a month ago and it is truly fucking shocking. this dude is a dork but, in all fairness, he isn't the first person to burn through lottery winnings in record time and won't be the last.

the thing that gets me is the £5 million spent on family and "friends." dude got taken to the cleaners for sure there. anyone who wasn't your friend before you got almost 10 million pounds is most assuredly not your friend after.

it is an entertaining story though, is that a movie deal that i see off in the not so far future.

darth los
09-Feb-2010, 08:06 PM
Family and friends !?!

It would have been much cheaper to hire a security team/bodygaurds to keep the haters at bay than to succumb to every third cousin giving you a guilt trip. That's just me tho.

Mike70
09-Feb-2010, 08:13 PM
Family and friends !?!

It would have been much cheaper to hire a security team/bodygaurds to keep the haters at bay than to succumb to every third cousin giving you a guilt trip. That's just me tho.

indeed. i'm not saying that i wouldn't help out a few family members and even fewer friends but just because we are 3rd cousins who shared a frostee at uncle roy and aunt bonnie's 50th anniversary in 1976, does not mean that i'll fork over $200,000 so you can start up a "business."

darth los
09-Feb-2010, 08:22 PM
indeed. i'm not saying that i wouldn't help out a few family members and even fewer friends but just because we are 3rd cousins who shared a frostee at uncle roy and aunt bonnie's 50th anniversary in 1976, does not mean that i'll fork over $200,000 so you can start up a "business."

That's actually one of my top 5 rules for life.

Never and I mean never get involved in anything that has to do with family and money. It's a recipe for disaster.

The problem with family is that yeah they're family but with that they feel they can do things to you that would get them killed in outside circles.

Just a very bad idea.

clanglee
09-Feb-2010, 08:52 PM
Ah, but have you heard of the lotto rapistor the lotto pedo (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1024514/Lottery-winner-spent-years-Sex-Offenders-Register-bedding-15-year-old-girl.html)?

That's funny. . .usually the sex with teenaged girls comes after you win the lottery. . .not before.:rockbrow::shifty:

Mike70
09-Feb-2010, 09:12 PM
That's funny. . .usually the sex with teenaged girls comes after you win the lottery. . .not before.:rockbrow::shifty:

i found this slip of the pen that made it past the editor a bit funny:

The victim, now a mother of 21, told The Sun: 'I was only wearing my top and knew he had done something to me.

like the article says, she can now sue for a cut and she probably should.

krakenslayer
09-Feb-2010, 10:34 PM
like the article says, she can now sue for a cut and she probably should.

Man, I wish he'd molested me now. :elol:

(yeah, I'm going to hell for that one :lol:)

SymphonicX
10-Feb-2010, 09:12 AM
bah, if anything this guy's lotto win at least took him out of the benefit system for a while. He was never going to intelligently invest this money, was he?
At least the lotto is funded by private money - I haven't played it for years so don't care if he won and squandered it all.
I mean, what do we expect? Look at the guy. Luck is non-discriminate unfortunately, and this guy got very lucky...! This is just a small lesson for all of us: even arseholes can win the lottery.

Anyway money doesn't make someone happy, and this guy is proof really...I'd rather be me in this financial position than him in that position...that guy's a moron.

krakenslayer
10-Feb-2010, 09:25 AM
My girlfriend, who's a vegan and usually a bit of a soft leftie, believes quite firmly that this guy should be taken out and shot :lol: :lol: :lol:

capncnut
10-Feb-2010, 09:29 AM
My girlfriend, who's a vegan and usually a bit of a soft leftie, believes quite firmly that this guy should be taken out and shot :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bring back the stocks, I'd queue in line with my big bag of dog shit. :D

krakenslayer
10-Feb-2010, 09:44 AM
Bring back the stocks, I'd queue in line with my big bag of dog shit. :D

If I won the lottery, I'd fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool full of raw sewage, hand him a pair of Speedos and some some goggles and tell him there's a suitcase with a million quid and ten kilos of coke in it, just for him, somewhere at the bottom of the pool. Then time it to see how long it took before he realised there was no suitcase. :elol:

MinionZombie
10-Feb-2010, 02:02 PM
Ugh, this fucking guy again.

What I'd do with 9.7 million quid, I tell ya.

I'd write a series of large cheques to various charities first of all, then I'd set aside an amount (large to me now, but not large relatively speaking) and just go nuts with it, then I'd set about putting most of it towards savings and investment, then I'd treat my family as goodness knows they deserve it, and then I'd set up a proper rural filmmaking industry in my area, to get actual movies made, not just pokey little half assed projects about 10 people invited to yet another funding back-slapping event will half-watch out of the corner of their eyes.

*gasps*

Yeah ... that's what I'd do with 9.7 million quid.

And damn straight. If they're not your friends before the win, they're not your friends now - I'd lay that law down flat, and I'd lay it on the line for existing friends too in that I'm happy to treat them now and then, but I'm not some fucking sponge and would be using the money wisely indeed.

Mike70
10-Feb-2010, 02:26 PM
If I won the lottery, I'd fill an Olympic-sized swimming pool full of raw sewage, hand him a pair of Speedos and some some goggles and tell him there's a suitcase with a million quid and ten kilos of coke in it, just for him, somewhere at the bottom of the pool. Then time it to see how long it took before he realised there was no suitcase. :elol:

:lol: probably a long, long time.

i find your ideas hilarious and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

kortick
10-Feb-2010, 02:38 PM
Well didnt they take a huge sum in taxes
out of his winnings?

I know that the average here is 38% of
what you win the government keeps.

If you choose to get paid in installments then
the taxes are lower if you want a lump sum it
can be anywhere between 45-60% tax rate.

So I am sure as much as it annoys people
that the money he is getting on the dole
is part of the taxes he paid on his winnings
and really is his money anyways.
The tax rate is riduculous.
You gotta remember, the lottery is a device to
provide revenue for the governement
not to benefit the people.

he is a failure.
give me that much money and drugs and
id be dead before i ran out of cash.

Amateurs.

krakenslayer
10-Feb-2010, 02:53 PM
Well didnt they take a huge sum in taxes
out of his winnings?

I know that the average here is 38% of
what you win the government keeps.

If you choose to get paid in installments then
the taxes are lower if you want a lump sum it
can be anywhere between 45-60% tax rate.

So I am sure as much as it annoys people
that the money he is getting on the dole
is part of the taxes he paid on his winnings
and really is his money anyways.
The tax rate is riduculous.
You gotta remember, the lottery is a device to
provide revenue for the governement
not to benefit the people.

he is a failure.
give me that much money and drugs and
id be dead before i ran out of cash.

Amateurs.

Winnings on the UK National Lottery are completely tax free. Camelot, the company that operates the lottery, donates a large proportion of the profits from tickets sold to "good causes" (community & cultural projects, etc.) in return for the government waiving any and all taxes on the winnings. So if you win £9.7 million, that's exactly what you get in your bank account.

On the other hand, because of our smaller population and Camelot using some of the profits towards other causes, the jackpots are usually a fair bit lower than in the US. UK£9.7 million equates to just a bit under US$20 million, taking into account the exchange rate when he won it, and that's considered a pretty large jackpot. I think the biggest ever UK lottery win (Lotto only, not including Euromillions, which is a Europe-wide draw) was £42 million (roughly US$80 million) which was shared between four people. I know in the US, the prizes can be in the hundreds of millions.

kortick
10-Feb-2010, 04:29 PM
Oh.

Well then he is a shithead.

MikePizzoff
10-Feb-2010, 07:54 PM
I can't imagine spending almost 10 million in 8 years... he must of had one hell of a time.

darth los
11-Feb-2010, 04:47 PM
I can't imagine spending almost 10 million in 8 years... he must of had one hell of a time.

Yeah, he now has a slew of good time stories to tell down at the shelter. :lol: