PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here running Windows 7?

DjfunkmasterG
09-Feb-2010, 10:59 PM
I just installed Ultimate Windows 7 and was wondering if there is anything or any advice one can give to help guide me through this process.

Since most of it is laid out like VISTA I was able to disable much of the UAC and set up the Boot sequence so the OS boots of all 4 cores of the processor.

Is there anything else I should know about?

slickwilly13
09-Feb-2010, 11:39 PM
I will probably get it with my new laptop, but I am also interested in what people have to say about Windows 7. Have you had any problems with glitches?

DjfunkmasterG
09-Feb-2010, 11:50 PM
It doesn't like Mozilla Firefox. When I go to download something it locks up Mozilla, even after a re-install of mozilla I have had issues. So it must have some bugs to work out.

Mr.G
10-Feb-2010, 12:39 AM
I like it better than Vista and it seems to run better. I'm not a computer guy so I have nothing more to add.

3pidemiC
10-Feb-2010, 04:00 AM
It doesn't like Mozilla Firefox. When I go to download something it locks up Mozilla, even after a re-install of mozilla I have had issues. So it must have some bugs to work out.

I have been running 7 since it's release on both my laptop and my desktop. I really have not had any big problems with it, especially running Mozilla Firefox. Not sure what the deal is with your system.

Here are some nice tips for 7: http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-windows-7-tips-and-hacks-part-1/

DjfunkmasterG
10-Feb-2010, 08:59 AM
Thanks for the tips link

bassman
10-Feb-2010, 12:12 PM
I like it better than Vista and it seems to run better. I'm not a computer guy so I have nothing more to add.

What he said. Works fine for me.

DjfunkmasterG
11-Feb-2010, 12:21 AM
I reinstalled Mozilla again and now it works fine... Go figure.

AcesandEights
11-Feb-2010, 01:27 AM

I had the same download problem at work the other day. Windows 7, otherwise hasn't been that bad for me. I have no real tips for you, DJ, as--to be frank--it sounds like you know more about the ins and outs of basic computer settings than I do.

DjfunkmasterG
11-Feb-2010, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I was so comfortable in XP that I have been having withdrawal from it.

Windows 7 seems to be a tad more efficient but a lot of the cool features i am used to from XP have sort of vanished or have been hidden somewhere in this OS.

I will get it figured out soon.

Plus sides is the total installation only took about 38 minutes and within an hour I was up and running and surfing the net as well as testing Sony Vegas. So far i am pleased but I am sure this could be a lot better.

AcesandEights
11-Feb-2010, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I was so comfortable in XP that I have been having withdrawal from it.

I just got my netbook last week and made sure I got one with Windows XP on it. Saved me money and I'm more comfortable with it.