PDA

View Full Version : GAR Intelligent Zombies - Rifle Zombie

JDFP
13-Feb-2010, 04:11 PM
Oy vey...

All this talk about Bub V. Gay Daddy is hurting my head. I think Rifle Zombie was far more intelligent than either one of them. Whereas both Bub and Gay Daddy still had some anger issues to work out (the heartfelt scene of Bub seeing Dr. Logan's dead body and with Gay Daddy I don't know as I try to avoid "LAND" with that movie sucking worse than "DIARY", but no doubt he probably does have some heartfelt scenes), Rifle Zombie just wanted to have a great rifle to carry around with him -- he had already released all his anger issues and was content to walk around having a grand ol' time carrying his rifle. That makes him the smartest zombie to me, he just wanted to live in peace and keep to himself (that's the best way to often get through life -- or unlife). So, I lift my mug of beer up to you, Rifle Zombie!

EDIT: You know, I originally thought of this as a joke -- but I bet if Doc L. had been around Rifle Zombie he probably could have trained him like Bub... Thoughts?

j.p.

Trin
13-Feb-2010, 04:21 PM
Dang, I always thought Rifle zombie was out of ammo in his current gun and was trading it out for a new weapon. Like I do in L4D. Then he goes and caps the first 30 things he sees until he gets the telltale click-click-click of an empty rifle. Then he looks for a new weapon.

I always figured he had it in for the nun zombie. But that's speculation.

sandrock74
14-Feb-2010, 04:40 AM
I always wanted to know what was the deal with Rifle Zombie! He always seemed so uninterested in eating the living and being far more interested in firearms. It was almost like he lost that feeding "need" that the average zombie has....if indeed he ever had it.

This brings up an interesting point: Maybe some zombies don't want to eat people? If so, why? What makes them different? :shifty:

EvilNed
14-Feb-2010, 10:44 AM
I think he wanted to eat them, otherwise he wouldn't have followed them up ontop of the roof. But he'd been grabbing ahold of that rifle for quite a long time. I can't really remember when he got it, but he seemed to REALLY like it. So when he managed to grab another one, I'd say his feelings of curiosity got the better of him and for a moment, just a moment, he was more interested in this new rifle... Maybe something clicked in his head. Some distant memory, or maybe he started to "get" things.

Now that I think about it, didn't the zombie get his rifle from Roger when he was still alive? And that was BEFORE they cleansed the mall of zombies? Wouldn't he be dead by the time they went for the chopper at the end?

bassman
14-Feb-2010, 01:44 PM
Now that I think about it, didn't the zombie get his rifle from Roger when he was still alive? And that was BEFORE they cleansed the mall of zombies? Wouldn't he be dead by the time they went for the chopper at the end?

This is an example of some more glaring inconsistencies in Romero's films. In dawn there are zombies that go from inside the mall to out, outside to in, should've been dead but then re-appear at the ending, etc, etc. If you watch and keep track of which zombies are where, you'll notice that they apparently have identical twins that pop up elsewhere.:confused:

As for the rifle and other smart zombies -- I've always thought the kid playing hockey was interesting. Oh, but let's not get too far into this smart zombie thing because they obviously didn't start showing up until Bub and BD. :rolleyes:

sandrock74
14-Feb-2010, 05:26 PM
I think he wanted to eat them, otherwise he wouldn't have followed them up ontop of the roof.

I always thought that he only went to the roof out of a sense of "follow the leader". Everyone else was doing it, so he just went on along. Think about it, he never showed any signs of aggression over the course of the movie. I'm thinking he was a gun nut in life, so the guns grabbed his attention in....uh....unlife.

Trin
15-Feb-2010, 12:55 AM
Maybe they are like kids and ice cream. Every kid wants ice cream. And will pursue it. And will get excited when he/she sees it. And maybe even eat his vegetables to get it. But sometimes something interests a kid enough to ignore ice cream for a short time.