View Full Version : V: Original

SRP76
16-Feb-2010, 09:20 PM
Did anyone else happen to watch this on SyFy yesterday?

I had never seen it (was far too young to have control over the tv in '83), so I recorded it and watched. I couldn't stomach the remake they put on a few weeks ago (which isn't a shock), but I enjoyed the original.

Could have done without the whole "pregnant with a lizard baby" angle, though. I couldn't stop laughing at the whole idea. Chick got fucked by the Geico gecko. "Save money on car insurance?"

AcesandEights
16-Feb-2010, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I rekindled some fond memories and then had to send a LRRP to hunt down my eyeballs, which had rolled so far back into my skull after seeing that horrible muppet lizard baby.

Mike70
17-Feb-2010, 12:17 AM
i have very fond memories of V. however, i have choosen to leave them as memories because i attempted to watch a bit of V when it was on and it didn't do much for me anymore.

some things are better viewed through the eyes of childhood.

Mr.G
17-Feb-2010, 12:23 AM
Could have done without the whole "pregnant with a lizard baby" angle, though. I couldn't stop laughing at the whole idea. Chick got fucked by the Geico gecko. "Save money on car insurance?"

I saw this on a Friday night as a kid...and it freaked me out! It was a classic series; too bad the mini-series is dead on network tv.

Skippy911sc
17-Feb-2010, 04:05 PM
In the time before dvrs and vcrs, we had to run in when a show was getting ready to come on and the anticipation was intense. I really remember V and amm in agreement with not wanting to tarnish the fond memories with another viewing of it. I find some of the programs and movies I thought were great wind up being less than great in subsequent viewings.

darth los
17-Feb-2010, 04:32 PM

Ya think Zach Snyder was a big V fan? :lol:

"I got pregnant by a gecco but there is good news. I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geico !!" :hyper: :lol:

:cool:

paulannett
17-Feb-2010, 07:46 PM
I watched it as a kid and loved it.

I then re-watched it maybe 3 years ago (I bought it on DVD, but a friend stole it!) and still really enjoyed it. Though you do have to look past some really ropey sfx. Oh, yeah the series does take a turn for the worst with the lizard baby!

rongravy
18-Feb-2010, 12:07 AM
Mmmmmm, the two miniseries and the tv show were great. Still enjoy them.
I liked the new show, when are they finishing it up? I saw they had some long stretch in between for some reason. I wanted more.

capncnut
19-Feb-2010, 12:22 PM
I used to have a thing for Blair Tefkin when I was a kiddy wink.

RustyHicks
20-Feb-2010, 12:12 AM

Me too :D

V was one of my favorite shows as a kid and I remember I could hardly wait for Friday night to come along so I could watch the show. I was allowed to watch the series when it came on, but I wasn't allowed to watch the mini series.

I have the miniseries and the tv series and watch them from time to time, some of it is corny but I still love.

Never watched any of the new show yet and I'm not sure I want to. Been so disappointed by too many remakes

clanglee
20-Feb-2010, 12:57 AM

Being a gentleman, I always preferred this little lady. . . .

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SiD8FLURufE/SwAh11d7HoI/AAAAAAAAA3Y/EENS4nGz9mQ/s400/Jennifer-Cooke.jpg

http://i.fanpix.net/images/orig/4/m/4m4dpxhmc3xbx3h.jpg

SRP76
20-Feb-2010, 01:19 AM
I never watched an entire episode of the tv series, only bits and pieces. I just watched the two miniseries, since they were on the other day.

They did show 4 or 5 episodes of the show, too, but they were episode #15, #18, #20, and so on. Since they didn't start with #1, I saw no point in watching from "the middle".

Eyebiter
20-Feb-2010, 01:25 PM
Watched the original mini-series on VHS last month. Still holds up well after all these years. Flash back to the 1980s.