PDA

View Full Version : Another Piece of Crap

SRP76
16-Feb-2010, 10:03 PM
This guy:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100216/ap_on_re_us/us_ax_attack_vegas

By KEN RITTER, Associated Press Writer Ken Ritter, Associated Press Writer – 1 hr 29 mins ago
LAS VEGAS – A lawyer for a man accused of killing a 4-month-old baby and critically wounding the child's mother with a medieval-style battle ax said Tuesday he expects the state will seek the death penalty against his 33-year-old client.

A bruised and subdued Harold E. Montague said little as he stood in shackles and jail scrubs in the back row of a Las Vegas courtroom during his arraignment.

"This is potentially a capital case," defense lawyer Norm Reed said as he asked Justice of the Peace Melanie Andress-Tobiasson to postpone for two weeks scheduling an evidentiary hearing so he could talk to his client.

Montague entered no plea to one charge of murder with a deadly weapon and three charges of attempted murder with a deadly weapon before the judge ordered him held without bail at the Clark County jail in Las Vegas pending another appearance March 3.

Clark County prosecutor Giancarlo Pesci said it could be several weeks before District Attorney David Roger and an advisory panel decide whether to seek the death penalty.

Montague is accused of stabbing his profoundly disabled sister-in-law at least 20 times in their home with a point of the ax, then bursting outside and attacking a mother walking past on the street with her son in a stroller.

Police said Montague retreated back to the house before officers arrived, then charged outside again, empty-handed, taunting police to fight. Montague is accused of trying to wrest a shotgun from the hands of one officer. The officer was later treated at the scene for minor injuries.

Reed said outside court he was concerned about his client's physical condition after he appeared in court with scrapes, bruises and a black eye. He said it appeared the injuries occurred during the arrest.

"We're not sure what medical treatment he's received," Reed said.

Police said Montague was treated at a hospital following his arrest, then taken to jail.

During the arraignment, Pesci raised the issue of Montague's mental state. But Reed said he hadn't had time yet to assess Montague's fitness to face charges.

A hospital spokesman said Tuesday the sister-in-law, Monica O'Dazier, 36, remained in good condition at University Medical Center in Las Vegas.

No information was available about the condition of the 28-year-old mother, Sandra Lisset Castro. Authorities said she was struck in the head and face several times with the blade of the ax. She was taken to Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center with head injuries that police and witnesses described as critical and disfiguring.

Police say Montague did not know Castro or her son, identified as Damien Avila-Castro. A neighbor said the woman often walked the stroller through the neighborhood about a mile east of Las Vegas Boulevard.

How many millions will now be wasted "rehabilitating" him?

Danny
16-Feb-2010, 10:14 PM
"Erm."

i got a few lines in and read "battleaxe" i imagine the rest is self explanatory.

darth los
16-Feb-2010, 11:31 PM
We're not sure what kind of treatment he's recieved!?!

Who gives a fuck.

:cool:

SRP76
16-Feb-2010, 11:38 PM
He's lucky all he got was a black eye when he was arrested. That means someone just punched him in the face.

Imagine. You have to go take down some dude who happens to be soaked in blood, swinging a fucking axe like he's King Conan. A lot of people wouldn't even try to get close enough to him to dot his eye; they'd just shoot the fucker to avoid getting beheaded.

Mike70
17-Feb-2010, 12:34 AM
indeed, who gives a fuck what happened to this guy. he killed a 4 month old baby. the guy isn't a human being, he's a fucking animal and ought to be put down like one.

Ghost Of War
17-Feb-2010, 06:34 AM
indeed, who gives a fuck what happened to this guy. he killed a 4 month old baby. the guy isn't a human being, he's a fucking animal and ought to be put down like one.

You took the words right out of my keyboard. I'd have shot the fucker right there.

darth los
17-Feb-2010, 06:39 PM
He's lucky all he got was a black eye when he was arrested. That means someone just punched him in the face.

Imagine. You have to go take down some dude who happens to be soaked in blood, swinging a fucking axe like he's King Conan. A lot of people wouldn't even try to get close enough to him to dot his eye; they'd just shoot the fucker to avoid getting beheaded.

You took the words right out of my keyboard. I'd have shot the fucker right there.

Scrapes, bruises and a black eye from the cops is nothing because the law protects him fro them.

There are no such safeguards on the inside. I've done time, I know.

Trust me, They don't take kindly to those who harm children.

AcesandEights
17-Feb-2010, 07:35 PM
When LARPers attack! was the first thing I thought, but yeah--heinous. :(

SymphonicX
18-Feb-2010, 02:43 PM
I say forgive and forget...

Not.

darth los
18-Feb-2010, 03:40 PM
I say forgive and forget...

Not.

That's why sayings like that are crap. It sounds good coming out of a preacher's mouth but life rarely works that way. :rolleyes: