PDA

View Full Version : i went the hardware store..

Mike70
18-Feb-2010, 03:11 AM
looking for a simple part to fix one of my toilets and came out with this:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj126/mikemor70/Photo152.jpg?t=1266465997

don't really know why i got this. it's a .45 and i am not partial to them but i've never bought a gun at a hardware store before and something about it just said, "please take me home."

oh well, i've got another gun. i'll let you know how it shoots.

3pidemiC
18-Feb-2010, 11:43 AM
That's odd. I guess I'm not too familiar with purchasing guns, but don't you usually have to go through some hoops before you can purchase one? Or can you just buy it outright just like any other tool?

bassman
18-Feb-2010, 11:51 AM
That's odd. I guess I'm not too familiar with purchasing guns, but don't you usually have to go through some hoops before you can purchase one? Or can you just buy it outright just like any other tool?

I know when I recently purchased a shotgun they did a quick background check to see if I had any felonies. Only took a few minutes and I was walking away with the gun, so...

I don't really know much about guns other than I have a few to protect my home and family. But that's a beaut, mike! Mind telling us what you paid for it at the hardware store?

Mr.G
18-Feb-2010, 01:19 PM
I was under the assumption too that you had to wait X amount of days before you bought a gun. I've never seen one in a hardware store either...must be an Ohio thing! ;)

Mike70
18-Feb-2010, 01:25 PM
I was under the assumption too that you had to wait X amount of days before you bought a gun. I've never seen one in a hardware store either...must be an Ohio thing! ;)

ohio has some, ahem, very liberal gun laws. they did a background check right there as a i waited to make sure i'm not a felon or an escaped mental patient, after that i took it home. it only took a few minutes.

it was a bit more than $400, bassman. probably more than i would've paid at a gun show or specialty store but the novelty of going to the hardware store for a toilet part and coming out with a handgun (and the toilet part) sold it.

darth los
18-Feb-2010, 01:54 PM
It's absolutely amazing to me how easy access is to virtually the rest of the country when it comes to purchasing legal firearms.

I'm in NYC and have never seen a gun other than the illegal kind or on a cops hip. It's for good reason here though. The animals in this city are commiting genocide now, imagine if it were easier to own one?

Good example of something that should be left up to the states, imo. What is good law in the midwest is not nescesarily so on the coasts.

:cool:

BillyRay
18-Feb-2010, 02:12 PM
The animals in this city are commiting genocide now,

I keep hearing about the Rats and Roaches problem in NYC, but I never thought it had got that bad..

:lol:

Skippy911sc
18-Feb-2010, 02:41 PM
In my state, Illinois, there is a 2 day wait on handguns and 1 day on long guns. I think muzzle loading weapons are available to you right away. I usually order my firearms and get them the day they arrive.

AcesandEights
18-Feb-2010, 02:42 PM
Hardware store...hardware, eh? Pretty cool, kinda scary.

I've always wanted a .45. Enjoy it and let us know how it shoots compared to your other handguns. Also, who manufactured it?

Eyebiter
18-Feb-2010, 03:07 PM
You said it's a .45. What brand and model is it?

darth los
18-Feb-2010, 03:54 PM
I keep hearing about the Rats and Roaches problem in NYC, but I never thought it had got that bad..

:lol:

Perhaps savages would have been a better term. What else would you call people who piss in the staircases of their buildings and throw their babies soiled pampers out of their project windows. :rolleyes:

You said it's a .45. What brand and model is it?

Weren't the sidearms in Day, with the exception of Rhode's, .45's as well?

SRP76
18-Feb-2010, 06:37 PM
Perhaps savages would have been a better term. What else would you call people who piss in the staircases of their buildings and throw their babies soiled pampers out of their project windows. :rolleyes:

"The side-effects of unchecked breeding".

Publius
19-Feb-2010, 11:13 AM
looking for a simple part to fix one of my toilets and came out with this:

Geez, I can't imagine what kind of toilet problem THAT'S going to fix. Alligators trying to come up from the sewers?

;)

capncnut
19-Feb-2010, 12:00 PM
With all I've been through the last few days, owning a gun is immensely appealing to me...

strayrider
19-Feb-2010, 09:37 PM
ohio has some, ahem, very liberal gun laws.

Heck, yeah! "Back in the day" the local hardware store is where I bought most of my ammo while on the way to the range. They also had an assortment of rifles and shotguns in a case behind the register.

I actually made my first gun purchase at a sporting goods store around the corner from a head shop. It was a Ruger 10/22. I was 16 at the time. Walked in, picked out the gun, showed them my driver's license, laid down around $90 and another $5 for a brick of 1000 rounds of .22 LR, and then walked out. No background check; no waiting period.

Ah, the good old days.

:D

-stray-

Eyebiter
20-Feb-2010, 01:44 PM
Weren't the sidearms in Day, with the exception of Rhode's, .45's as well?

Correct. The Colt M1911 in 45 ACP reigned supreme back in the early 1980's. An entire industry existed around customizing the 1911 and the various clone versions. This was a few years before the flood "wonder nines" in 9x19mm with large capacity magazines appeared.

SymphonicX
20-Feb-2010, 02:44 PM
aren't those things dangerous?
:D

Shadowofthedead
03-Mar-2010, 06:13 AM
only if they are pointed at your face and you arent holding it. mike where in the hell did you buy a gun at a hardware store. i wanna goto to that hardware store. i live close to you so i must go there for shits and giggles,:elol: