PDA

View Full Version : Eastenders...

SymphonicX
19-Feb-2010, 06:01 PM
I know, everyone hates it...but it's my guilty pleasure. can't wait for tonight's live episode, a culmination of a plot building up since xmas.

I know it's absolute shite but I still watch it, gasp at it's inaccurate portrayal of East London (where I grew up), and laugh at every "unhappy over the shoulder hug" that I see...but still, it's bloody addictive rubbish and I really look forward to watching it!!

Who's with me?

OK...I'll get my coat.

Danny
19-Feb-2010, 06:59 PM
i abhor that show with a venomous spite reserved only for the likes of shit like that and big brother. Every year the tv times says "murder and a wedding in eastenders! at christmas!!! ZOMG!" and everytime my gran flips her wig like they havent done the same thing for a quarter of a century.
Every time i see it on i just think its such a waste of money and recourses when theres quality television thats dropped every season but these guys get there pay to recycle the same 5 storylines over the year on repeat.

keep you coat, i know people who watch much worse. i just personally cannot stand that stupid, stupid show.

Ghost Of War
19-Feb-2010, 07:50 PM
I hate it as well, but I did watch the live one tonight...only to see if they screwed it up. Won't be watching it again.

SymphonicX
20-Feb-2010, 10:11 AM
the live episode was awesome, so well done!! I'll write more soon...

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

right. Yeah I know the show is total gash, but for some reason I am addicted to it's rubbishness...it's a totally inaccurate portrayal of East London (where I grew up) and all that stuff is very valid. The characters often behave bizarrely and stupidly, the whole show propogates mainstream stereotypes and it has all the artistic credibility of Jordan sticking a paintbrush between her t*ts and attempting the Mona Lisa.

However, having said all that - people don't go to a pantomime for anything other than to scream "he's behind you!" and that's exactly what Enders is, total pantomime. Remove your sense of decency and learn to have a laugh with your Mrs taking the mickey out of it, and you're in for some golden hours of laughs :)

Live episode, however, was frenetic, adrenaline filled and superbly done. Very well "acted" by some of the cast members, Stacey Slater has raw talent there but she's totally wasted in that show. The stunt was amazingly, flawlessly done and the little hiccups that ocurred just made it all the better to watch.

I'm up for a live drama show on the beeb every week...

Tricky
20-Feb-2010, 12:16 PM
I hate the show, and where the hell do they keep finding all these mitchells from? And why are the current lot a bunch of delusional bottle blondes? The only times i have enjoyed the show is when phil mitchell has been flushing Ian Beales head down a toilet, which has happened a few times I think, pure gold those scenes

blind2d
20-Feb-2010, 12:26 PM
To quote 'Bad Party" by the Dead Milkmen, "I'm gonna shoot somebody if they don't stop talkin' about Eastenders!"
Seriously though, it's an okay show, but not my personal bag.

Legion2213
21-Feb-2010, 09:15 PM
Can't stand that mindless crap, or "corrie" or any other soaps.

Danny
21-Feb-2010, 10:10 PM
Can't stand that mindless crap, or "corrie" or any other soaps.

i'd say the worst is hollyoaks, its opening titles are offensive to all my senses.

Legion2213
22-Feb-2010, 04:37 PM
Don't think I've ever seen it mate (thankfully). :)

I just don't "get" the idea of soaps set in normal every day life....we live it, why watch it as well? :rockbrow:

paulannett
22-Feb-2010, 04:52 PM
I dislike all soaps, but c'mon at least the female talent in Hollyoaks is great!

capncnut
23-Feb-2010, 12:55 AM
Bradleyyyy!!! :rolleyes:

Danny
23-Feb-2010, 12:59 AM
Bradleyyyy!!! :rolleyes:

RI-KAAAAYYY!!

god that shit fucking sticks with you :lol:

Mr.G
23-Feb-2010, 02:39 AM
I LOVE that show as well as Coronation Street. Too bad I only get to see about 2 weeks a year when I visit the in-laws. I wish we could get some episodes or DVDs over here. It's mindless fun but it's like electronic crack to me.

SymphonicX
23-Feb-2010, 09:00 AM
bradleyyyy!!! :rolleyes:

stace!!!!!!!

Tricky
23-Feb-2010, 10:15 AM
stace!!!!!!!

Shes one of those girls where she's a bit rough round the edges, and not conventionally fit, but you know damn well she'd show you a good time! :sneaky: bit like karen on shameless, dog rough but you definitely would!

SymphonicX
23-Feb-2010, 10:34 AM
I love stacey...she's gorgeous...classy woman!