View Full Version : "the last lovecraft" trailer

Danny
20-Feb-2010, 05:32 PM
QOWtgLneeNE

This could be very very awesome or an epic fail.

blind2d
20-Feb-2010, 06:30 PM
Whoa...... I gotta check that out.

fulci fan
20-Feb-2010, 11:06 PM
I'll stick to Stuart Gordon and Lucio Fulci for Lovecraft style films. ;)

paulannett
21-Feb-2010, 10:33 AM
But Fulci sucks balls!

Interesting trailer though, like you say hellsing it could swing one way or another very easily! However, my favourite theme of Lovecrafts is that of insanity... ya know, creatures so scary and unspeakable you're instantly driven insane. That's the kinda Lovecraftian film that I'm after!

clanglee
21-Feb-2010, 08:39 PM
Looks pretty funny. Might be interesting. . . .looks way way low budget tho, so they would have to have something special.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

However, my favourite theme of Lovecrafts is that of insanity... ya know, creatures so scary and unspeakable you're instantly driven insane. That's the kinda Lovecraftian film that I'm after!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478988/

The black and white silent short film "The Call of Cthulhu" was the best Lovecraft movie I have ever seen. It's a pretty dead on adaption of the story. . .and the old school nature of the film really adds something. If you are a Lovecraft fan and havn't seen this movie. . . . .well. . .see it.

blind2d
22-Feb-2010, 12:07 AM
Oh hell yeah! Right on, my man, Call of Cthulhu is tight!
Seriously though... it's good.

wayzim
22-Feb-2010, 01:36 AM
Looks pretty funny. Might be interesting. . . .looks way way low budget tho, so they would have to have something special.

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0478988/

The black and white silent short film "The Call of Cthulhu" was the best Lovecraft movie I have ever seen. It's a pretty dead on adaption of the story. . .and the old school nature of the film really adds something. If you are a Lovecraft and havn't seen this movie. . . . .well. . .see it.

Ditto that.

I saw it at a Philcon( Sci Fi con ) several years ago and ordered it off Amazon. The DVD is da bomb, not only with subtitles in dozens of languages, but a funny making of featurette in which you too can learn to make a brackish swamp by melting hefty bags.

The H. P. Lovecraft Historical Society has done ( is still doing? ) a second film based on "The Whisper in Darkness. " story.

http://www.cthulhulives.org/toc.html

For fans of eldritch horror, there's some pretty cool stuff to be had here.

Wayne Z
And so I ran, escaping this thing, which even now is stirring in those deep shadowed woods. The legend, speaking of devils who frighten women and children, is not the truth. The creatures in that bog waited for the reawakening of an Ancient one. No demons in our limited perceptions of the word, but sentinels for a more fearsome entity.
But neither the Avatar nor its minions was the terror that drove me screaming from those woods. That creature in the dark, the intellect that gazed down at me with such hate and venomous intent, did so with a Human eye!
From an old HP homage piece I did many years ago entitled "Still Waters."
A Jersey Devil story done as if part of the Cthulhu Mythos.

AcesandEights
22-Feb-2010, 02:39 PM
Danger senses tingling...HPL, spinning in grave...I am no longer Providence...