PDA

View Full Version : Napolean:Total war

Tricky
21-Feb-2010, 11:53 AM
XG_yeeCILsw

Looking quite good this, I hope you get to play as Wellington though! :D
Also, is Empire worth playing now? I know it was buggy & badly optimised when it was released, but I've heard its all fixed & as it should have been to start with now! Im not as keen on playing these games since they've moved into more gunpowder weapon territory as I prefered the infantry & cavalry combat of the Medieval/Rome games, but I am still interested!

fulci fan
21-Feb-2010, 06:35 PM
I have medieval. It works okay if I put it on low settings. I got empire and it didn't work at all. That is the problem with Total War games and alot of computer games; you need a super computer to play them. That is not appealing to me at all. It is a shame too because the total war games are so cool.

Tricky
21-Feb-2010, 10:50 PM
Yeah, my PC is quite beasty so I shouldnt have any problems running it, im quite tempted to get empire for a play through before this one comes out now empire is fixed :)

fulci fan
22-Feb-2010, 03:38 AM
Yeah. It seems pretty bad ass. I like that time period. They should make a stone age total war.

AcesandEights
22-Feb-2010, 03:37 PM
Meh...the Empire fiasco kind of turned me off to the line. I'm going to wait till I get a new desktop (god knows when that'll be) till I commit to anymore high end/resource intensive games.

Man, back in the day I used to swear by CA :(

shootemindehead
26-Feb-2010, 07:57 PM
Looking quite good this, I hope you get to play as Wellington though! :D
Also, is Empire worth playing now? I know it was buggy & badly optimised when it was released, but I've heard its all fixed & as it should have been to start with now! Im not as keen on playing these games since they've moved into more gunpowder weapon territory as I prefered the infantry & cavalry combat of the Medieval/Rome games, but I am still interested!

Jesus...I can't wait for that Trick. That's going to be brilliant.

Also, get Empire. I have to say, I never saw a single bug and I bought it the day it came out. Steam (I fecking hate that thing) recently updated my copy of it, so I might go on the rampage again.

Rome is still the best of the series though...I just loved that.

Mike70
26-Feb-2010, 08:38 PM
i'd be up for this. i've been avid player of rome TW for eons.