PDA

View Full Version : Day of the Dead questions

sandrock74
21-Feb-2010, 08:16 PM
Inspired by all the talk of Day on here lately, I watched it yesterday while I ate dinner. Strange choice of movie for dinner viewing, I agree, but let's look past that, shall we? :stunned:

When watching, I was trying to view it with fresh eyes, since I haven't watched it since around March or April. I had a couple of points I was wondering about and thought maybe some of you may have thought about too. I figured I would start this quasi-pointless Day themed Q & A thread for us all. Anyway, a couple things I wondered about:

When Rhodes and Torres both wake up at the exact same time from their seperate pummelings compliments of John, why didn't either one of them think to look over at the nearby zombie pen, notice the doors were wide open and close them? That would have saved them from A LOT of trouble just minutes later!

Speaking of the zombie pen, at the begining of the movie, Sarah throws a hissy fit at Rickles over the army guys not always recording how many (and when) zombies are taken from the pen. She seems to be of the opinion that they are down to scrapping the bottom of the barrel for specimens. Of course, at the end of the movie, we see what seems like dozens of zombies pouring out of the pen and into the complex. If there were so many zombies in the pen, what was Sarah so riled up about?? It looked like there were more than enough zombies still in there!

When the platform is coming down into the complex, full of zombies (compliments of stoopid Miguel), why didn't Torres - who seemed to be the last man out of the platform room - close and lock the door behind him? Hell, I counted a few open doors they had to run through to get to the open area of the main complex. Each of those doors could have been closed/locked to easily contain the zombie breach of the complex into ONE room!

Does anyone else laugh at Rhodes when he is on the golf cart and doing his low speed defensive drive through the zombie hoarde from the pen? He looks totally frightened and all these yucky zombies are around....and he's maxed out at like 3 m.p.h. :lol:

What was the exact chain of command? We know Captain Rhodes was in charge overall...inherited from Major Cooper upon his death. It seems Steele was a PFC while the others were Privates, so I guess Steele was second in command on the military side of things. What about on the civilian side? Was "Frankenstein" supposed to be the head of the science team? Or was it Sarah? It seems like John and Billy, as transport and communications, were a part of the civilian team, but not in any way involved in the overall command structure. It was said that the mission wasn't a military operation, implying it was supposed to be civilian run...the military was there for what? Muscle? Protection?

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you had thought of these points? What have you to add?

Legion2213
21-Feb-2010, 08:49 PM
When the platform is coming down into the complex, full of zombies (compliments of stoopid Miguel), why didn't Torres - who seemed to be the last man out of the platform room - close and lock the door behind him? Hell, I counted a few open doors they had to run through to get to the open area of the main complex. Each of those doors could have been closed/locked to easily contain the zombie breach of the complex into ONE room!

I ask myself this all the time, Yes, they are scared, but the first thing I would be doing in ANY zombie situation would be putting as many doors between myself and the horde as I could, if I could lock those doors, that would be even better.

Does anyone else laugh at Rhodes when he is on the golf cart and doing his low speed defensive drive through the zombie hoarde from the pen? He looks totally frightened and all these yucky zombies are around....and he's maxed out at like 3 m.p.h. :lol:

Each and every time...it's effing hilarious! :lol:

JDFP
21-Feb-2010, 09:02 PM
What was the exact chain of command? We know Captain Rhodes was in charge overall...inherited from Major Cooper upon his death. It seems Steele was a PFC while the others were Privates, so I guess Steele was second in command on the military side of things. What about on the civilian side? Was "Frankenstein" supposed to be the head of the science team? Or was it Sarah? It seems like John and Billy, as transport and communications, were a part of the civilian team, but not in any way involved in the overall command structure. It was said that the mission wasn't a military operation, implying it was supposed to be civilian run...the military was there for what? Muscle? Protection?

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you had thought of these points? What have you to add?

You know, that's a good question. In one of Rhodes' tirades he mentions that they've lost 5 men, and the scientists have lost one. Who was the one they lost? Was he or she perhaps the head of the doctors/staff there that was supposed to be in charge of the operation?

As far as Sarah/Fisher/Logan, I'd say Logan certainly seems to be the most medically/scientifically astute of them. Wouldn't that be a kick in the ass if Logan was supposed to be in charge of the operation?

I could see that now...

"Now, Captain, I am ordering you to refrain from shooting me with the power vested in me as head of this operation!"

"Listen to this, Frankenstein!"

j.p.

Trin
21-Feb-2010, 11:29 PM
Fischer was attempting to feed a zombie beef snack, and he was doing it in support of Logan's research. So there was a clear pecking order there. Sarah and Logan seemed to be peers, although she seemed to defer to Logan to an extent. Maybe personality... maybe heirarchy. Rhodes seemed to focus on Logan as the leader of the scientists.

The doors thing. Yep. Why they didn't stand there with the M16's and just headshot everything that came through was a mystery. There weren't *that* many. And how did Rhodes end up swarmed by zombies as he drove? The ones coming from the pen should've had a distance to go to get to that area. The ones from the lift weren't through the doors yet. But the base was overrun.

And the golfcart. Yes, that is hilarious. But the funny part for me was the fit that the others pitched when they realized Rhodes had left them stranded. Like seriously. They could've jogged up and punched him in the face and taken the silly golf cart.

Gemini
26-Feb-2010, 01:15 AM
How about Steele unloading heavy machine gun fire to the zombies' midsections before running off into the lab area? He could have laid out about 75% of them if he had aimed a bit higher!

That was glaringly stupid, even my first time watching it as a child.

clanglee
26-Feb-2010, 01:46 AM
How about Steele unloading heavy machine gun fire to the zombies' midsections before running off into the lab area? He could have laid out about 75% of them if he had aimed a bit higher!

That was glaringly stupid, even my first time watching it as a child.

It always seems that, when it really matters, soldiers forget that only a headshot can kill a zombie.

Trin
26-Feb-2010, 04:03 PM
It always seems that, when it really matters, soldiers forget that only a headshot can kill a zombie.
That was a glaring mistake in Dawn. Did you notice how Peter and Roger continually shot the zombies in the head? In a real world situation they would've been going full auto to the bodies. Flyboy and Fran should've been the only ones shooting to the head with pinpoint accuracy.

clanglee
26-Feb-2010, 07:35 PM
That was a glaring mistake in Dawn. Did you notice how Peter and Roger continually shot the zombies in the head? In a real world situation they would've been going full auto to the bodies. Flyboy and Fran should've been the only ones shooting to the head with pinpoint accuracy.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

It's funny cause it's true. :(