PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie Directs Episode of CSI: Miami

DjfunkmasterG
24-Feb-2010, 01:36 PM
a7gGvD-JSo8

AcesandEights
24-Feb-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm trying to think if I've bothered to see anything (other than, perhaps, a music video) directed by Rob Zombie...

LouCipherr
24-Feb-2010, 05:06 PM
You're not missing anything. I still think Rob is a one-trick pony. TDR is the only film of his I think is worth seeing (and I consider it very well done IMO, but everything else of his I do not care for).

And look who makes apperances in this epsiode... William Forsythe? Malcolm McDowell? sheesh.. I wonder if Sherri Moon will make an appearance in the show.. :rolleyes:

Not to mention, David Caruso is a horrific actor - either that, or they just give him the worst lines in TV history on that show. I once saw an episode where he said, and I quote, "Reality for her... just got real" - WTF does that mean, "reality just got real"?! :lol:

bassman
24-Feb-2010, 05:10 PM
What gets me about this CSI episode is, did he really need to pull the "typical" actors from his films into this?

To quote Romero in The Dead Walk Doc...."Who are you gonna call? You call your friends". Makes sense to me.

As for the episode and zombie - I love TDR, like Halloween, but loathe these hundreds of crime scene shows. So I'll be passing this one up...

LouCipherr
24-Feb-2010, 05:16 PM
Yeah, but he calls his same friends over & over again for every film. It would be nice to see him branch out a bit and try working with some other people, y'know?

Then again, I say this being a huge Kevin Smith fan, and that bonehead does the same thing. :lol:

bassman
24-Feb-2010, 05:29 PM
He must have the Scorsese/Deniro disease. Except the disease generally worked better for those two...

DjfunkmasterG
25-Feb-2010, 11:16 AM
I like WIlliam Forsythe. He makes any movie he is in enjoyable as long as he is on the screen.

bassman
25-Feb-2010, 12:20 PM
Hey the good thing about this is that Miami is down in the south. So Zombie's backwoods hillbilly redneck characters that he puts into EVERYTHING should fit in just fine.:dead:

LouCipherr
25-Feb-2010, 12:39 PM
Hey the good thing about this is that Miami is down in the south. So Zombie's backwoods hillbilly redneck characters that he puts into EVERYTHING should fit in just fine.:dead:

:lol: Ain't that the truth!

As far as Forsythe, I have to agree - I really like the guy too and I think he's a great actor. We'll see if he can counter-balance RZ's suckiness as a director. :lol: