PDA

View Full Version : Law Abiding Citizen

SRP76
26-Feb-2010, 12:02 AM
Anyone seen this?

I just saw it on DVD (came out last week, I think). It was pretty good. They did a good job of making me feel utter contempt for the "good guys" in the movie.

clanglee
26-Feb-2010, 12:30 AM
There were no real "good guys" in that movie. I quite enjoyed the film as well, but noone in that movie was worth routing for.

Danny
26-Feb-2010, 12:50 AM
i honestly thought that was the name of that reality show with stephen seagal.

-maybe hes a bent copper, then your description would still be accurate, but theres is no mention of a walrus in a turtleneck so i assume my previous estimation was incorrect.

SRP76
26-Feb-2010, 12:51 AM
Walrus in a turtleneck?!:lol:

Danny
26-Feb-2010, 01:19 AM
Walrus in a turtleneck?!:lol:

oh im sorry, he's called "Stephen Seagal" over there isnt he?

In England we just call him "Overly Aggressive walrus in a jolly old neck of thyne turtles"

rongravy
27-Feb-2010, 11:35 AM
I thought it was a pretty good movie. The only thing that freaked me out was how eerie a resemblance he has to Tom Green when he doesn't have a beard. Ok, a beefed up Tom, but still.

clanglee
03-Mar-2010, 10:08 AM
I thought it was a pretty good movie. The only thing that freaked me out was how eerie a resemblance he has to Tom Green when he doesn't have a beard. Ok, a beefed up Tom, but still.

Huh. . . .:stunned:. . . .yeah kinda, especially when he was in diguise. Scary.

AcesandEights
03-Mar-2010, 05:00 PM
I didn't realize Clint Eastwood was involved in this film. What'd he produce it or something?

bassman
03-Mar-2010, 05:02 PM
Gerard Butler is an instant put off for me these days. When I see him I see a huge "Avoid at all costs" warning label...

darth los
03-Mar-2010, 05:07 PM
oh im sorry, he's called "Stephen Seagal" over there isnt he?

In England we just call him "Overly Aggressive walrus in a jolly old neck of thyne turtles"

Jesus, is that the mental picture you guys have of Americans over there?

Well, with the films we export and the cowboy politics that have been going on here for the better part of the last decade it wouldn't suprise me. :lol:

:cool:

AcesandEights
03-Mar-2010, 06:15 PM
Gerard Butler is an instant put off for me these days. When I see him I see a huge "Avoid at all costs" warning label...

I like him, despite myself.

clanglee
03-Mar-2010, 08:13 PM

Huh. . . . I've liked him in everything I've seen him in. . . . .granted. . I haven't seen any of his crappy romantic comedys tho'. But he was just plain awesome in RocknRolla

bassman
03-Mar-2010, 08:26 PM
300 and Gamer were enough to put me off the guy. Especially Gamer - what crap that flick was. I've also seen him in some romantic stuff and few other things here and there. But out of it all he just seems like a one trick pony. So just his inclusion makes me sit back and think, "hurm....I dunno...".

clanglee
03-Mar-2010, 08:39 PM
300 and Gamer were enough to put me off the guy. Especially Gamer - what crap that flick was. I've also seen him in some romantic stuff and few other things here and there. But out of it all he just seems like a one trick pony. So just his inclusion makes me sit back and think, "hurm....I dunno...".

Huh. . .I don't see him as one trick at all. He's good at being an action star yes, but he actually has some range. And I actually didn't hate Gamer really. . .it was disjointed as all hell, but it was interesting and some neat ideas. meh. . . to each his own.