PDA

View Full Version : Worst sports reporting ever?

Publius
28-Feb-2010, 03:12 PM
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20100228/D9E566SG0.html

"There are only two events on Sunday, the hockey game and a 50-kilometer men's cross-country race. Americans and Canadians are long shots to get medals in either event."

BWAHAHAHA!!

It'd be an upset indeed if neither Canada nor the USA managed to medal in the hockey final.

mista_mo
28-Feb-2010, 03:14 PM
I am pretty sure that we would be satisfied if we only won one gold at this years Olympics.

MENS MOTHERFUCKING HOCKEY, GODDAMNIT WE ARE GONNA TAKE THAT SHIT.

Seriously, that one event means more to this country than any other single event in the Olympics.

Publius
28-Feb-2010, 05:18 PM
MENS MOTHERFUCKING HOCKEY, GODDAMNIT WE ARE GONNA TAKE THAT SHIT.

Hehe, you'll love this.

Last night as I was watching Land of the Dead on MTV, and having a couple beers too many, I looked at the channel guide during the commercials and saw a listing for the USA-Canada gold medal hockey game. I thought, what the heck, I thought that's tomorrow, is it a rerun of the women's game? But on the next commercial break I flipped over and nope, it was the men playing. To my amazement saw it was the final seconds of the game with the US ahead 4-3. Canada desperately fought for a last-second goal but couldn't pull it off. USA won the gold medal!

Then I realized it was a rerun of the 2004 World Junior Hockey Championship.

:D