PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Assassin - A DjfunkmasterG Review

DjfunkmasterG
28-Feb-2010, 08:15 PM
As a huge fan of the 80's Ninja films it took a while to run out and check Ninja Assassin, well I can say that was glad to have finally caught it today and I thought here is a great mindless ninja flick with tons of blood and violence, very little in the terms of any real story.

When a Europol agent stumbles across intel that leads back to the shadow of the 9 clans she realizes she is actually tracking down a secret society of Ninja Assassins who have been around of thousands of years. The clan still operating today is hired by governments and people the world over to carry out missions for a price... 100 pounds of gold, a tradition that has continued even in modern times. Little does she know her investigation makes her a prime target but this clan who sets out to kill her, but end up using her as bait to flush out one of their own who abandon the clan when they took the life of someone close to him during his training.

Once they set the trap it is a non stop action blood fest from top to bottom but it is broken by poor lighting and quick cuts, but it still manages to entertain the hardcore action junkies.

Ninja action Star Sho Kosugi, along with Rain, and 28 Days Later actress Naomi Harris give you a 90 minute thrill ride that will leave you talking for hours about the cool fights and intense action, but will leave you feeling empty when it comes to any type of a coherent story.

What really sucks is that the films short running time ruins what could have been a great film had the fleshed out more of the screenplay maybe turning into a Bourne Identity style flick about the Ninja, but instead they cut the bullshit and aim for the quick buck, which is understandable considering this is a mainstream Hollywood Ninja film, something you rarely ever see.

In the end I give the film 6.5 out of 10 stars for decent action, violence and bloodshed, but only a 4.0 for the story.

Recommended rental.

AcesandEights
01-Mar-2010, 02:03 PM
Sho Kosugi??? That brings me back. I wonder if there's a biography out about him in the English language...that might be an interesting read.

DjfunkmasterG
01-Mar-2010, 02:05 PM
Have you tried Wikipedia?

UPDATE: here is his official site: http://shokosugi.net/shopro/

AcesandEights
01-Mar-2010, 02:45 PM
Have you tried Wikipedia?

UPDATE: here is his official site: http://shokosugi.net/shopro/

Great minds, DJ. Great minds.

I went directly to wikipedia and then Sho's official website from there directly after my post. :D

major jay
05-Mar-2010, 07:19 PM
Pray For Death, the unofficial sequel to Revenge Of The Ninja, is playing tonight on the THIS channel at 12:30. :)

AcesandEights
05-Mar-2010, 08:06 PM
Pray For Death, the unofficial sequel to Revenge Of The Ninja, is playing tonight on the THIS channel at 12:30. :)
:)

THIS channel at 12:30. :)
*Click, click*

:(

Which channel?

major jay
06-Mar-2010, 01:58 AM
:)

*Click, click*

:(

Which channel?

THIS channel. http://www.thistv.com/schedule