PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson - Really quite sad...

Neil
01-Mar-2010, 07:24 PM
Just listening to some of his no1s from the 80s and 90s, and it really does quite sadden me how he ended up. In the 1980s he looked great, but slowly and surely, after operation upon operation, trying to meet some strange ideal, he ended up just looked aweful.

And of course his music from those times was just astounding!

Such a shame he died in the way he did, looking like he did...

AcesandEights
01-Mar-2010, 07:32 PM
It's a tragedy, even if he didn't have such accusations dogging him, his decline and death are horrible in their own right.

I just wonder how messed up his kids will be. I just hope they keep Joe Jackson away from them...

darth los
01-Mar-2010, 08:17 PM
Just listening to some of his no1s from the 80s and 90s, and it really does quite sadden me how he ended up. In the 1980s he looked great, but slowly and surely, after operation upon operation, trying to meet some strange ideal, he ended up just looked aweful.

And of course his music from those times was just astounding!

Such a shame he died in the way he did, looking like he did...

His career was really wuite astounding. Think about it. The man has been a music God for 40 years and he was all of 50 !!

If he never went solo and never made any music after 1977-78 he would still be a hall of famer with his role with the jackson 5.

He is one of 3 artists/groups (i think) to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice. Once with the Jackson 5 and once as a solo artist and that had to be consisting of his work from 1997 back, because honestly the man hadn't done anything of note in the music field since then.

Imo, his appearance was still good as Far as the Bad album, which again imo, not his best music but he was at his psysical peak. The man was firing on all cyllinders at age 29.

I hear alot of people say that he got all that surgery AFTER the pepsi commercial accident. However, if you look at the we are the world video and a couple other from around that time it was obvious that he was already getting work done, his nose in particular.

So it would seem this "fetish" goes back further than that mishap and indicates his overt mental problems reach to atleast as far back as 1983.

:cool: