PDA

View Full Version : "The Inevitable Decomposition of Zombie Man" ... **now with out-takes reel**

MinionZombie
02-Mar-2010, 01:22 PM
As the Filmmakers Forum is a more niche area of HPOTD, I'll also post here so any Zombie Man fans don't miss it.

"The Inevitable Decomposition of Zombie Man" is now online!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-45h8eDda-M

Follow the link to view the film on YouTube (in either 360 or 480p).

I'd like to hear what you liked about the film, as being the one who put it all together I have seen the film in such repeated detail any constructive criticism comments will have already been spotted during the edit ... what is much harder to guage as the filmmaker, is what your viewers like about the film, and moreover what they found funny about it.

So it would be very helpful if you could let me know what you liked and found funny, as well as your general comments in response to the film. :)

**ADDED APRIL 14th**

Out-takes Reel now online!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olKjtb88XCo

olKjtb88XCo

bassman
02-Mar-2010, 01:44 PM
Pretty cool MZ. Technically I thought it was great, but I gotta say that I think the first two were a bit higher on the funny chart. And how long is the nob-slobbing between you and gary going to continue?:p

Seriously though...I like it.:thumbsup:

MinionZombie
02-Mar-2010, 01:51 PM
IAZM3 was always gonna be a bit darker, and I didn't want to repeat myself too much from the other two in terms of the script, you know?

And I only put in one brief reference to Maryland, hehe - I thought it'd be a funny, nod & wink way to segway into a bit of anti-runner dialogue, lol. ;)

Glad you dug it.

LouCipherr
02-Mar-2010, 06:05 PM
Maryland is where Zombie Man had his first theatrical screening, so it seems appropriate enough to me. :p

I, personally, look at TIDOZM as the 'closing' of the story, and since he's about ready to decompose into nothingness, it couldn't be too much of a "happy" affair. I'm not speaking for MZ here, this is just how I see the story myself.

It may not have as much humor as the first two, but ya gotta admit, the 'rot' scene (if you've seen it, you know what I mean) alone was worth the price of admission! :D

MinionZombie
02-Mar-2010, 08:26 PM
Aye a fair point - the Maryland showing had slipped my mind just now - but yes, a fair point actually, so it also makes sense story wise too. Plus I wanted to give a little nod & wink to Deej and Lou as they have been very cool and supportive and have provided free music and such, so you know.

Lest I get all "Oscars speech" and make all you guys puke, yep - TIDOZM is a closing of the franchise so-to-speak. Well, the main thrust of it anyway. I'd never-say-never regarding the character - but I'll say that the Zombie Man trilogy has now closed, which was also part of the darker tone of this third one (particularly the final shot). Here's this zombie - "the world's most famous zombie" (self-proclaimed) - who never reached the dizzying heights he wanted to achieve, but the success he did taste left him wanting much more, but when it never happened it naturally bummed him out big time - so that all led to it being darker in tone, like it's the Day of the Dead of the Zombie Man series :) ... plus it's got toilet humour in it. :p

DjfunkmasterG
02-Mar-2010, 08:57 PM
plus it's got toilet humour in it. :p

Literally

LouCipherr
03-Mar-2010, 12:19 PM
Here's this zombie.......who never reached the dizzying heights he wanted to achieve, but the success he did taste left him wanting much more, but when it never happened it naturally bummed him out big time

Is it me, or does this sound like life in general for most people on the planet? :D

***edited to add: MZ, I never noticed the caption of ZM on the picture in the mirror before! as many times as I watched and re-watched it, I never noticed what it said.. quite funny. :D

MinionZombie
03-Mar-2010, 12:31 PM
Is it me, or does this sound like life in general for most people on the planet? :D

***edited to add: MZ, I never noticed the caption of ZM on the picture in the mirror before! as many times as I watched and re-watched it, I never noticed what it said.. quite funny. :D
hehe, that was one of many possibilities I had for that little mini-poster thing (a flier produced by the "Anti-Post-Mortemist League", mentioned in the film) ... when I upload the out-takes reel you'll see all the other variations on the same theme. :D

LouCipherr
05-Mar-2010, 02:40 PM
I know you said there's some juciy fun stuff in the "Council Tax" paper - that I need to see too.

When's that BTS vid goin' up? Now that I think about it, I should've shot some of the music creation on video for it too.. d'oh!

krakenslayer
05-Mar-2010, 02:48 PM
"I couldn't even get any action from a necrophile now!" :lol::lol:

MinionZombie
05-Mar-2010, 08:10 PM
"I couldn't even get any action from a necrophile now!" :lol::lol:
I showed the flick to my folks and they laughed hardest at the rot scene and the coovan scene ... says a lot about them, perhaps. :D

One of my earliest ideas for TIDOZM was for Zombie Man to have a living girlfriend who was a necrophiliac, but I decided to leave that idea for another short film that who knows, maybe I'll get around to filming one day.

Lou - I'll bung the out-takes reel online sometime next week I guess. Indeed, I also put in a bunch of "details" that might have been missed in the film, including the tax form, so you'll be able to make liberal use of your pause button for all those.

Speaking of all things Zombie Man, I was doing a "Director's Cut" of IAZM2 today (took out 7 minutes) ... maybe I'll upload that one day.

LouCipherr
08-Mar-2010, 07:52 PM
Lou - I'll bung the out-takes reel online sometime next week I guess. Indeed, I also put in a bunch of "details" that might have been missed in the film, including the tax form, so you'll be able to make liberal use of your pause button for all those.

Can't wait. I have a feeling I missed quite a few details seeing as how I was so focused on music and not the video iteself (aside from using it for cues to begin/end a track).

MinionZombie
14-Apr-2010, 10:16 AM
Can't wait. I have a feeling I missed quite a few details seeing as how I was so focused on music and not the video iteself (aside from using it for cues to begin/end a track).
It's taken me a while, but I finally got around to upping the Out-Takes reel for TIDOZM.

See it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olKjtb88XCo

olKjtb88XCo

DjfunkmasterG
16-Apr-2010, 01:02 AM
Ummmm,

Nick... Ummm. You're Zombie.... is.... Ummmm.... Talking!

WHAT THE FUCK?

:lol::lol::lol::elol::lol::lol::lol:

MinionZombie
16-Apr-2010, 10:23 AM
hehe, and he told you what-for. :p

LouCipherr
22-Apr-2010, 05:07 PM
MZ - Apologies for the massive delay, but I finally got a chance to check out the outtakes. Very cool.

One thing is for sure, no one can ever tell you that you don't pay extreme attention to detail. I did indeed make liberal use of my pause button and WOW... some hilarious shit in there that you would've never noticed otherwise. Nice work! :D

"This is what zombies don't do" :lol: Classic stuff, man.

MinionZombie
22-Apr-2010, 05:23 PM
"This is what zombies don't do" :lol:

You're damn right they don't do that. :D

LouCipherr
22-Apr-2010, 07:01 PM
'cause their kneecaps fall off, right? :lol: :D

DjfunkmasterG
22-Apr-2010, 08:50 PM
Well science would beg to differ with you MZ.

:D

MinionZombie
23-Apr-2010, 09:52 AM
'cause their kneecaps fall off, right? :lol: :D

Perzactly.

Well science would beg to differ with you MZ.

:D

Science schmience. I've seen it happen, man ... right before my very eyes. :D

LouCipherr
23-Apr-2010, 12:22 PM
He did, Dj - hell, he caught it on film! :lol:

MinionZombie
23-Apr-2010, 12:51 PM
He did, Dj - hell, he caught it on film! :lol:
Exactly. Scientific proof of unavoidable fact. :D