PDA

View Full Version : Peter looks happy

chuckroast
04-Mar-2010, 04:10 AM
Enjoy this rare look of Peter at the airport.

http://i48.tinypic.com/ri6d5x.png

fulci fan
04-Mar-2010, 06:30 AM
When the characters are banging on the glass to get the zombies' attention, Roger smacks Flyboy's ass. Look for it.

Rancid Carcass
04-Mar-2010, 12:01 PM
Of course you'd be pretty happy too if you were cast as the lead actor in one of the greatest horror films of all time. :D

bassman
04-Mar-2010, 12:19 PM
Is he this happy before or after shooting children?:p

sandrock74
04-Mar-2010, 02:21 PM
He's just happy due to all the coffee he drank for free from the machine. In a minute he's going to look worried as he frantically searches for a bathroom!

mista_mo
04-Mar-2010, 02:33 PM
think he is happy because he is holding his big black gun?

krakenslayer
04-Mar-2010, 03:15 PM

He's smiling because he's just got back from taking a colossal dump:

First, he spent three hours preparing for, and carrying out, an assault on an apartment complex filled with zombies and hostile residents. The whole time, he had a massive shit brewing and was dying for a chance to unload it.

He tried sneaking away into the laundry room when no-one was looking; hiding behind a sheet hanging from a clothes line, he dropped trou over a wash-hand basin and lowered the payload. But just then, just as the snout of a mammoth turtle-head poked out into the light of the world, a little blond trooper burst into the room, spluttering and retching. The turd retreated back inside, Peter reluctantly closed the bomb-bay doors: relief would have to wait.

Had he known he would be spending the next twelve hours stuck in a cramped helicopter with three strangers, he would, no doubt, have done things differently. He would have dropped his baggage then and there, in earshot of the blond kid, and to hell with the consequences. But hindsight is 20:20.

After dawn the next morning, Peter waddled cautiously into the air-field waiting room. As tiny clawing fingers grabbed at his clothes and vicious milk-teeth snapped shut inches from his skin, his fear and horror were overshadowed by thoughts of the huge solid mass trying to force its way out from inside him, like a second spine with a mind of its own.

As the haze of gun-fire and vaporized blood cleared before his eyes, a simple sight bathed his shit-harried soul in the purest joy. Past the sofa upon which rested the shredded bodies of dead children, through the wooden doorway pockmarked with bullet holes: the heaven-sent glint of morning sun on porcelain.

As he rested his buttocks on the cold seat, Peter's mind knew peace at last. If I was a king, he thought, I would gladly trade my throne for this one.

JDFP
04-Mar-2010, 03:22 PM
You know, that image with the vending machine in the background makes me wonder why they didn't raid the vending machine for all the food in it. They don't know where they are going or how long it's going to be before they have a chance to stop-off at Applebee's for lunch, you would think they would have raided all the food they could get.

j.p.

darth los
04-Mar-2010, 04:08 PM
think he is happy because he is holding his big black gun?

And by Big Black gun you mean...

Just kidding dude. You did set yourself up for that one though. :lol: :p

Never noticed that before but that shot, imo, in remeniscent of a stationhouse complete with coffee cups all around. Perhaps it was a flashback to happier times, maybe his rookie year...

:cool:

zombiekiller
07-Mar-2010, 02:14 AM

you ever read the dawn of the dead comics. it has him crying in them. once at the airport then when he shoots roger. i thought it was funny seeing how serious he was in the movie.

Yojimbo
07-Mar-2010, 05:39 PM
Cool photo- always love seeing these on set stills because it gives me a fresh look at something that I have seen countless times before.

As is the case with this particular photo- I never realized that homeboy was sitting so casually with his back to an open door. Would think that he would have been a little more cautious considering the circumstances. But awesome pic nonetheless.

Bunsher
10-Mar-2010, 07:51 PM
I love the little smile thing he does when he bangs the vending machine and gets a free cup of coffee. It's like, amidst the chaos of everything that's happened, he's just so damned happy about the free cup of coffee... he's almost saying, "Ha! I just got free coffee and I'm not gonna tell the others about it! Muahaha!"

bassman
10-Mar-2010, 07:54 PM
Cool photo- always love seeing these on set stills because it gives me a fresh look at something that I have seen countless times before.

Is this an on-set photo? Judging by the coloring and the black bars on top and bottom, I thought it was a screen cap? Not one I recognize off hand, but damn....there are so many edits of this flick it wouldn't surprise me.

darth los
10-Mar-2010, 08:06 PM
^^^^

Perhaps that's why he was so happy. I mean all the coffee he an drink. Why wouldn't a cop be happier than a pig in shit?

bassman
10-Mar-2010, 08:16 PM
Why wouldn't a cop be happier than a pig in shit?

*adjusts nerd glasses and speaks with a lisp* I believe they were ssswat memberssss....

darth los
10-Mar-2010, 08:20 PM
*adjusts nerd glasses and speaks with a lisp* I believe they were ssswat memberssss....

Of course he was. Are you saying that swat members aren't cops?

It's like saying Seals aren't part of the NAvy.

bassman
10-Mar-2010, 08:30 PM
Of course he was. Are you saying that swat members aren't cops?

Dude. Darth. Darth Dude. It was a joke. That's what the nerd glasses and lisp were for. DUHH :p

And seals aren't in the navy. They are marine carnivores of the suborder Pinnipedia....

darth los
10-Mar-2010, 08:49 PM
Dude. Darth. Darth Dude. It was a joke. That's what the nerd glasses and lisp were for. DUHH :p

And seals aren't in the navy. They are marine carnivores of the suborder Pinnipedia....

Oh i get it. :lol:

I lol'd. :D

Someone else called me out on taking things to literally the other day. I think it was your boy leo. :p

chuckroast
11-Mar-2010, 02:04 AM
Is this an on-set photo? Judging by the coloring and the black bars on top and bottom, I thought it was a screen cap? Not one I recognize off hand, but damn....there are so many edits of this flick it wouldn't surprise me.

This was a single frame screen capture from DOTD Extended Mall Hours edition. There are quite a lot of different little split second shots in it.

Here is one of a Police officer hiding out in a truck during the raid on building 107 I think this only goes for 3 frames. If you blink, you would miss it.
http://i39.tinypic.com/v2xnc8.png

Yojimbo
11-Mar-2010, 05:50 AM
Nor me. Maybe a screen cap off of some special feature on some
obscure version I do not own...yet.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

This was a single frame screen capture from DOTD Extended Mall Hours edition. There are quite a lot of different little split second shots in it.

Here is one of a Police officer hiding out in a truck during the raid on building 107 I think this only goes for 3 frames. If you blink, you would miss it.
http://i39.tinypic.com/v2xnc8.png

I blame all my life's problems on my need to own all these weird versions. That photo is too cool!

darth los
11-Mar-2010, 03:58 PM
Nor me. Maybe a screen cap off of some special feature on some
obscure version I do not own...yet.!

That sound like a dare to me. :p

Mr.G
11-Mar-2010, 09:12 PM
What is this Extended Mall Hours edition? I know I can probably search it...but I'm lazy. Is it available to buy?

Legion2213
11-Mar-2010, 09:25 PM
Wow, 155 minutes...never heard of this before...doing some interwebs snooping right now. :cool:

Mr.G
11-Mar-2010, 09:28 PM
Wow, 155 minutes...never heard of this before...

At least I'm not the only one. For those of you who have seen it....does it add anything that can't be found on one of the 3 editions on the ultimate set?

chuckroast
13-Mar-2010, 01:41 AM
At least I'm not the only one. For those of you who have seen it....does it add anything that can't be found on one of the 3 editions on the ultimate set?

Countless extra snippets throughout the Argento cut were added to the 139 minutes Cannes cut. These include a few extra headshots in the mall sequences, as well as various dialogue extensions, such as the bikers in the finale planning their “attack strategy” (“One by one, they’re gonna knock you off your little bikes”).
One full scene which was previously cut and added back in is a bit of dialogue between Peter and Stephen after they return from “shopping” the first time. Stephen acts cocky while Peter wants him to realize just how lucky they were. This scene contains the line “Let’s say the lady gets killed… you’d be able to chop off her head?” which was used in the English language Italian trailer.

http://feimages.dreamhosters.com/fanedits_coverart/offiunoffi/dotdEE/3D_preview_OUcover.jpg