PDA

View Full Version : The Crazies (2010) - my thoughts...

MinionZombie
09-Mar-2010, 10:05 AM
http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2010/03/crazies.html

While it's unfortunate that the remake doesn't contain the same level (nor strength) of social commentary as the original, it's far from devoid of it. The focus has been shifted to highlight a small band of survivors primarily, leaving the military occupation of Ogden Marsh by gas-masked soldiers (the most visceral and exciting part of Romero's original) as a secondary element after the initial 40 minutes or thereabouts which are, like the original, the most action-packed minutes of the whole film. Further to this, the involvement of the government is relegated to a few spook-like encounters with black SUVs and government representatives, and in the main to an unseen menace. Satelite imagery replaces Romero's bumbling bureaucrats (satire replaced by a sinister big brother), as the residents of Ogden Marsh gradually find themselves being cut-off from the outside world.

AcesandEights
09-Mar-2010, 05:05 PM
I am hoping to see it this week, so I look forward to seeing how you felt about it.

MinionZombie
09-Mar-2010, 05:58 PM
I am hoping to see it this week, so I look forward to seeing how you felt about it.
I always do my utmost to avoid any possible spoilers, so you can safely read my blog posts about movies before seeing a flick if you so wish. :cool: