PDA

View Full Version : GDC 10: OnLive U.S. Launch Plans Revealed

darth los
10-Mar-2010, 06:19 PM
That's nice but for the already installed base, spanning 3 consoles (all of which i own by the way) what's the incentive to get this?

I get that everything is moving toward digital distribution but I myself am tired of buying the same tech (in this case games) over and over again without good reason.

Add to that the fac that I'm going to have to play them on a p.c. and that's the ultimate turn off for me.

I've been strictly consoles all my life what else can i say?

http://pc.ign.com/articles/107/1076286p1.html

:cool:

bassman
10-Mar-2010, 06:22 PM
Just like downloading of films and music....it's all good and well but they'll never be able to fully do away with hard copies. They just can't. People want to know what they're spending their money on and hold it in their hands. And as you said, there's too many console players and consoles are too big of a business.

darth los
10-Mar-2010, 06:25 PM
Just like downloading of films and music....it's all good and well but they'll never be able to fully do away with hard copies. They just can't. People want to know what they're spending their money on and hold it in their hands. And as you said, there's too many console players and consoles are too big of a business.

I agree. If anything the digital distribution will be done through the consoles themselves and not from some 3rd party device as is already happening at present.

EvilNed
10-Mar-2010, 06:35 PM
I like the way XBox Arcade functions now. Where you can buy plenty of smaller scale games for less money and find gems that way.

bassman
10-Mar-2010, 07:16 PM
I like the way XBox Arcade functions now. Where you can buy plenty of smaller scale games for less money and find gems that way.

Arcade is good for those older gems, but I believe this is more for current generation games.

darth los
11-Mar-2010, 05:21 PM
Well, if x box live has room for both then why not this?

3pidemiC
11-Mar-2010, 06:35 PM
Add to that the fac that I'm going to have to play them on a p.c. and that's the ultimate turn off for me.

Out of curiosity, if you had enough funds to purchase all the new hardware as it comes out for a PC, would you still not want to play a game on it? It seems that people's biggest complain about PC gaming is the money for keeping your rig up-to-date, but what if that wasn't an issue?

Having better graphics, controls, multiplayer, modification, total conversions, etc. would be a no brainer to me.

But to each his own I suppose.