PDA

View Full Version : New member over here..

Bunsher
10-Mar-2010, 07:18 PM
Hum... I am so glad I stumbled upon this website. I've spent the last few days rummaging endlessly through every page of the form, damn you guys have a lot to say about zombie films (Romero's in particular!)

I only got into zombie films last August. I had a big list of twenty critically-acclaimed films, ranging from Carrie to Thelma and Louise, from Withnail & I to The Trial, and of course amongst this list sat Dawn of the Dead. I watched it expecting a very cheap, gritty feel ala Last House on the Left or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but was greeted with one hell of a romp of a film.

The next two months saw me watch over seventy zombie films, including all of Romero's work. The original trilogy each get a 10/10 from me (and trust me, I don't give those out often) and Day of the Dead sits firmly in my top ten films of all time.

And so here I am, wearing a Day of the Dead shirt and wishing I didn't have an £80 fine so I could go on a spending spree to fill my horror collection with zombie goodies!

I hope I have a delicious time here... I can definitely feel it. Is it obligatory to make a joke referencing zombie mythology, like, "Eat you later!" or something?

Oh well. I'm Bunsher.. seventeen years old. Hello!

bassman
10-Mar-2010, 07:24 PM
You sure you weren't watching the Dawn remake? Because the original is pretty cheap and gritty.:p

Welcome. Hope you stick around.:cool:

Oh and just for future reference....this is in the wrong forum(should be in The Lounge). I'm sure one of the mods will kindly move it for you, though.

Bunsher
10-Mar-2010, 07:29 PM
Well when I say cheap and gritty, I was more referencing the film stock, you know? Basically, it was far more professional than I expected it to be. I was, for some strange reason, expecting something along the lines of stupid people in the background waving into the camera because the filmmakers hadn't the money to tell them to get lost. Something along the lines of those watches that the actors worn in Braveheart.

Don't worry, wasn't the remake, although I saw that way before I saw the original, it was many years ago when I wasn't into horror at all.

and sorry! I'll have to get used to this place, I'm very used to the IMDb message board systems at the moment..

bassman
10-Mar-2010, 07:32 PM
Actually now that you mention it....I believe there are a couple of those background people in Dawn. I believe there's a scene where some of the living characters are just hanging around amongst the dead. And a few that look into the camera. That sort of thing.

Bunsher
10-Mar-2010, 07:36 PM
Oh noo, now that's all I'll be doing on my next rewatch! You quickly jump out the scene and film completely and stare intently at the background in hopes of finding something wonderful. Like that darned tootin' zombie nurse, she's so distracting I forget I'm watching Dawn of the Dead and think for a while that it's some education channel on how not to be a nurse.

darth los
10-Mar-2010, 07:52 PM
Oh noo, now that's all I'll be doing on my next rewatch! You quickly jump out the scene and film completely and stare intently at the background in hopes of finding something wonderful. Like that darned tootin' zombie nurse, she's so distracting I forget I'm watching Dawn of the Dead and think for a while that it's some education channel on how not to be a nurse.

And you will quickly see, as you watch dawn and night in particular, that thee are tons of things you either haven't noticed or can't make sense of, which is why we talk about it so much here.

:cool:

bassman
10-Mar-2010, 07:55 PM
When viewing Dawn....give close attention to the Schedule on the wall in the mall control room.:lol:

Bunsher
10-Mar-2010, 07:58 PM
After joining this site, I'll never watch these films in the same way again will I? I'll keep an eye out for it Bassman ;)

About to watch Night again... anything to look out for there?

darth los
10-Mar-2010, 08:09 PM
After joining this site, I'll never watch these films in the same way again will I? I'll keep an eye out for it Bassman ;)

About to watch Night again... anything to look out for there?

You mean besides zombies jogging for no reason and it being night time then, day time and then back to night again all in the span of 30 seconds during the truck escape?

Bunsher
10-Mar-2010, 08:13 PM
Yes sir, I already got those on my own unfortunately! eeek

Dig REALLY deep, what's the subtlest and yet most glaring annoyance about Night?

DjfunkmasterG
10-Mar-2010, 08:33 PM
Welcome Bunsher.

AcesandEights
10-Mar-2010, 08:37 PM
Welcome, Bunsher!

I hope you continue to enjoy the site, the boards and--if it's psychologically & emotionally possible--continued, long-term exposure to our (insidious) company :D

darth los
10-Mar-2010, 08:50 PM
Welcome, Bunsher!

I hope you continue to enjoy the site, the boards and--if it's psychologically & emotionally possible--continued, long-term exposure to our (insidious) company :D

I've been here for years and I'm normal as shit.

See? :hyper:

Bunsher
10-Mar-2010, 08:54 PM
Uh-oh, will I soon become a cannibal and break my ankles so I walk more like a zombie?! :D

BillyRay
10-Mar-2010, 08:59 PM
Welcome to the board!

But whatever you do, don't mention the War...

http://media.kickstatic.com/kickapps/images/74885/photos/PHOTO_4267927_74885_7990846_ap_320X240.jpg

JDFP
11-Mar-2010, 12:39 AM
Let me add to the welcomes and say: Welcome, Bunsher.

Rule # 1: Don't take anything here (or any of us) too seriously. We're all here to have a hell of a good time and enjoy the great discussions.

You mention that "DAY" is one of your all time favorite horror films now, so you already have a thumbs-up from me, as it IS my most favorite horror flick ever made. Welcome to the forum, don't ever feel shy about jumping into any discussions.

j.p.

Debbieangel
11-Mar-2010, 01:19 AM
WELCOME BUNSHER!!!
Yes, don't take this place seriously!
We have a lot of fun dissecting films,jump in any time and give your opinion!
Night is my fav of all time of GAR's trilogy! It stands the test of time!

deadpunk
11-Mar-2010, 06:57 AM
Welcome. I'd offer up something more witty, but it's late and I'm on the verge of drunk vs. bed...and bed is winning....

Ghost Of War
11-Mar-2010, 07:44 AM
Welcome!

It's great here, although I spend more time reading than posting. Most of my questions get answered before I have time to ask them. Good call on Day Of The Dead, it's also my favourite horror film, and in my top 10 films of any genre. Hope you stick around!

RustyHicks
11-Mar-2010, 04:03 PM
Welcome to the boards
Dawn has been my fav zombie film for over 25 years now.
Hope you enjoy this site and make some great friends, cause these
guys and gals are awesome