PDA

View Full Version : Common household item weapons

rightwing401
11-Mar-2010, 11:35 PM
Just a matter of curiosity, I wonder what some of you would consider to be feesable weapons that can be found around the home? I'm not talking about guns, katana swords, or any of that other nonsense. Just anything that can be found around the house.

I'll start this off by recomending a standing living room lamp made of metal. With the electical cords cut off and the light bulb and shade removed, it can easily become a very effective improve mace. It can be used to keep the dead heads out of arms range and can be effectively used to crack some skulls with either several jabs or a powerful swing where enough room allows for it. But the base must be some what sturdy for this to work.

Any other suggestions? Makeshift weapons can be allowed, but they have to be made from common household items.

blind2d
11-Mar-2010, 11:54 PM
Let's see... great topic, btway. I'm looking at my desk lamp right now... might make a good small bludgeon, but doesn't have much reach... so maybe not. Hmm... maybe my guitar? It's only a Squier, after all...

Legion2213
12-Mar-2010, 12:14 AM
Excellent thread! :cool:

The leg off a good solid wood dining table.

Hammer/Mallet.

Garden tools (spade/fork etc)

Mr.G
12-Mar-2010, 01:35 AM
Hammer/Mallet, aluminum baseball bat, powerdrill?

blind2d
12-Mar-2010, 02:03 AM
Ooh, maybe you could rip off the refrigerator door! That could be a good shield/undead squasher.

Zombie Snack
12-Mar-2010, 11:47 AM
Let's see... great topic, btway. I'm looking at my desk lamp right now... might make a good small bludgeon, but doesn't have much reach... so maybe not. Hmm... maybe my guitar? It's only a Squier, after all...

hahaha I like that it's only a Squier..I feel ya, I'll grab my epiphone SG and wear out a few heads but not my les paul custom, that would seem almost sacraligous...even in a zombie outbreak.

Trin
12-Mar-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm setting the couch on fire and spreading jello on the floor.

DubiousComforts
12-Mar-2010, 02:37 PM
I'll grab my epiphone SG and wear out a few heads but not my les paul custom, that would seem almost sacraligous...even in a zombie outbreak.
Good luck even trying to wear a Les Paul Custom for more than 20 minutes, let alone trying to swing one.

The original NIGHT covers the use of common household items as weapons better than any other film: kitchen knife, tire iron, metal pipe, cement trowel, table leg as torch, easy chair as bonfire, mason jar as Molotov cocktail, etc. A ordinary farmhouse becomes a fortress.

Mr.G
12-Mar-2010, 02:59 PM
A ordinary farmhouse becomes a fortress.

As long as you stay in the basement! :p

bassman
12-Mar-2010, 03:01 PM
Judging by the outcome of the film, I would say the farmhouse is more of a deathtrap than a fortress.:p

DubiousComforts
12-Mar-2010, 03:10 PM
Judging by the outcome of the film, I would say the farmhouse is more of a deathtrap than a fortress.:p
At no time did I claim that it was a properly-defended fortress. ;)

bassman
12-Mar-2010, 03:20 PM
Forgot to drop my number one household item - an aluminum baseball bat.

Won't break and is strong enough to cause serious damage. After that would probably be a four foot pry bar.

darth los
12-Mar-2010, 03:22 PM
A nice cast iron frying pan. We saw Ben use one on a ghoul in the remake and it seemed to work well in a pinch.

:cool:

Mr.G
12-Mar-2010, 03:25 PM
A nice cast iron frying pan. We saw Ben use one on a ghoul in the remake and it seemed to work well in a pinch.

Maybe I'm a girly man but I'd think my arm would tire before killing many zombies with those heavy pans.

bassman
12-Mar-2010, 03:27 PM
^^

He's got a point. Cast iron pans and skillets are heavy. I have trouble just holding them above the stove for a few moments.:lol:

BillyRay
12-Mar-2010, 03:43 PM
He's got a point. Cast iron pans and skillets are heavy. I have trouble just holding them above the stove for a few moments

Well, you have to practice with your weapon, otherwise it's just an object d'crap. Build up your skillet muscles, so to speak. :)

I keep a cricket bat next to the bed. I've even had some training in how to use it (have a buddy deep into Martial Arts & SCA-style swordplay). I've even used it to defend my apartment, once...

bassman
12-Mar-2010, 03:45 PM
Well, you have to practice with your weapon, otherwise it's just an object d'crap.

If you're sitting at home swinging a skillet around as practice for a zombie apocalypse......you need to get out more and get some help.:p

BillyRay
12-Mar-2010, 03:51 PM
If you're sitting at home swinging a skillet around as practice for a zombie apocalypse......you need to get out more and get some help.:p

Like a good marriage counselor. :D

fulci fan
12-Mar-2010, 03:51 PM
You can easily make many different sorts of bows and arrows with items found around the house and in the woods. Maybe make some spears by lashing knives to broom poles. You can also make napalm and drano bombs with common household items. A bludgeon weapon is nice for the close stuff but I would try to keep my distance. If I had to choose a bludgeon, it would be a metal bat. Depending on what gardening tools you have, you could use a machete or scythe but not many people use them unless they farm.

If I had time to get my shit together, I would booby trap my house with common household items. I know the topic isn't supposed to get crazy, but you can do some cool stuff with everyday things. :)

darth los
12-Mar-2010, 04:03 PM
Maybe I'm a girly man but I'd think my arm would tire before killing many zombies with those heavy pans.

http://www.undershirtguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/hans-and-franz-pump-you-up-characters-on-saturday-night-live.jpg

We're here to pump... YOU UP !!

Mr.G
12-Mar-2010, 04:40 PM

You know someone...somewhere...is doing this....and I can't stop laughing at the picture in my head. :lol::lol::lol:

bassman
12-Mar-2010, 04:45 PM
You know someone...somewhere...is doing this....and I can't stop laughing at the picture in my head. :lol::lol::lol:

I could think of a few members here that are probably guilty.:lol:

Trin
12-Mar-2010, 05:03 PM
I could think of a few members here that are probably guilty.:lol:
And a few more who just read this thread and realized the gaping hole in their zombie apocalypse preparedness plan and are mapping out a workout regimen.

Bunsher
12-Mar-2010, 05:12 PM
If I had time to get my shit together, I would booby trap my house with common household items. I know the topic isn't supposed to get crazy, but you can do some cool stuff with everyday things. :)

Damn that just gave me the best idea for a film ever...

Home Alone.. WITH ZOMBIES! Can you imagine poor ten-year old Kevin MacCalister, after having defended himself from burglars on two seperate occasions, now having to booby-trap his house from the oncoming slaught of the undead?! He'd have a blast!

Mr.G
12-Mar-2010, 05:15 PM
Damn that just gave me the best idea for a film ever...

Home Alone.. WITH ZOMBIES! Can you imagine poor ten-year old Kevin MacCalister, after having defended himself from burglars on two seperate occasions, now having to booby-trap his house from the oncoming slaught of the undead?! He'd have a blast!

^^^ If this scenario would occur, I would be cheering for the zombies to win.

paranoid101
12-Mar-2010, 05:45 PM
My lass has got a 24" double ended dildo, work very well in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels........................................... ............err wait not sure I should have said that.

darth los
12-Mar-2010, 06:32 PM
My lass has got a 24" double ended dildo, work very well in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels........................................... ............err wait not sure I should have said that.

And owning that kind of stuff is alot more "common" than women would like us to think. :lol:

bassman
12-Mar-2010, 06:37 PM
But the real question here is why is it a double ended dildo? Something you wanna tell us, paranoid?:p

"Ass-to-ass!":lol:

darth los
12-Mar-2010, 06:47 PM
But the real question here is why is it a double ended dildo? Something you wanna tell us, paranoid?:p

:stunned:

Hey NOW !!

This is getting out of control. :lol:

Still wanna hear the answer though.

Zombie Snack
12-Mar-2010, 08:55 PM
Well I live in the US, in the South, so it is almost like a birth rite to own a couple of deer rifles and shotguns which I do, and my wife and I both have carry/conceal permits for her .380 and my 9mm pistols. I also spent 15 years as a truck driver and have several tire "thumpers" to check for flat tires, these are heavy steel and wooden clubs that are just made for thumping the shit out of something or someone. I guess those would be the first line of our home defense, shoot em til we run out of ammo then bash there freaking skullz.

Mr.G
12-Mar-2010, 09:05 PM
I'm still waiting to get the answer about the double dildo....:lol::lol:

Zombie Snack
12-Mar-2010, 09:10 PM
We owned a store in NC for a few years that sold these type of products, anyone in or around Gastonia NC may know our old place..the big double headed dongs were a very popular item...great for girl on girl or u cut that thing in half and you got your self 2 12 inchers, thats what most people said they did with them.

rightwing401
13-Mar-2010, 03:05 AM
Well...this was an interesting turn of events from the original premesis I started with. But all objects mentioned are viable, and I don't doubt for a second that a person would use anything that they could when pushed into a life or death situation.

While I do agree with a lot of the suggestions as to items typically found in a tool shed, I was also considering the prospect of said individuals not being able to get outside the house in time. But nothing's set in stone, so I can bite on what could be taken from a shed.

1. Gardening Hoe. Strictly a defensive weapon. The blade end just isn't ideal for breaking through a skull or severing a head. However, it could be used to hook the walker under the ankle and knock it down. Or pressed under its chin to again push it to the ground and hold it there. The gardening hoe would only be practicle when working in conjunction with another weapon/person.

2. Standard hammer. Only useful as a last ditch weapon for up close and personal encounters. A tremendous amount of force can be applied with a very confined amount of space when tangling toe to toe with a walker. Using a spool of string or line for a weedwacker tied to the end of the hammer's handle could make it into a decent ranged weapon when swung over the head in an open space. Again, should only be used in a one on one setting.

3. Tree limb. With a simple hand saw, several relatively useful clubs could be made. The limb would have to be from a moderately strong tree and typically just a bit too large to completely wrap the fingers around. If thick enough, heavy duty nails can be hammered into one end to turn the club into a make shift mace.

Moving back to indoors.

Wall beams. In a desperate pinch, the sheet rock wall can be kicked out in any room and the standard 2x4 wood beams can be cut to make into somewhat reliable clubs. After all, Sarah did bash a walker's head in in 'Day'.

In defensive situations, a kitchen table and/or sofas can be jammed into a narrow hallway to create a barrier that will severly hinder the ability of the zombies to reach the person.

Oh yeah, on another note. A toilet seat can be transformed into a hand held shield. Simply take it off the toilet, use a bit of duct tape to hold the two ends down. Grasping the seat from the bottom side and holding it at the end of the hinges, the top lid can be used as a fairly decent shield against the teeth and nails of the undead.

Mr.G
13-Mar-2010, 03:08 AM
oh yeah, on another note. A toilet seat can be transformed into a hand held shield. Simply take it off the toilet, use a bit of duct tape to hold the two ends down. Grasping the seat from the bottom side and holding it at the end of the hinges, the top lid can be used as a fairly decent shield against the teeth and nails of the undead.

genius!

Marie
13-Mar-2010, 03:14 PM
I'm setting the couch on fire and spreading jello on the floor.

That only works on chickenhearts and ther radio show monsters;)

M_

paranoid101
13-Mar-2010, 04:26 PM

I can say no more on the matter.

Off topic does anyone know where I can get a doughnut cushion from?
:lol:

FoodFight
13-Mar-2010, 07:18 PM
While it isn't an actual improvised weapon, here's something that shows promise. http://www.jamesmcadam.co.uk/portfolio_html/sb_table.html

For other handy devices I'd go with my 110-piece socket set. Winging those chunks of steel at the undead might buy me time to secure more adequate weaponry.

krakenslayer
13-Mar-2010, 08:09 PM
I have a small dumbell bar under my bed, one of these:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31xKhFd7WeL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Take one of the metal spin-screw things off, screw it on the other side so you've got two of them on the one thread (you can actually screw 3-4 on), and viola: instant hand mace. It's light enough to swing easily, heavy and bulky enough to smash a skull. Handy for those tricky situations involving burglars and/or zombies. :D

Trin
13-Mar-2010, 09:48 PM
That only works on chickenhearts and ther radio show monsters;)

M_Thank you. I was hoping someone would understand that. :)

paulannett
14-Mar-2010, 12:49 PM
A bat and hammer would be the first things I'd go for... followed by a screwdriver/knife. I'd make the entrance to my house extra hard to get passed by bleaching up the floor, making it extra slippery.

Anything that needs to be spun above the head to gain momentum to hit a zombie is useless, whether it's one zombie or a hundred.

darth los
15-Mar-2010, 08:02 PM
A bat and hammer would be the first things I'd go for... followed by a screwdriver/knife. I'd make the entrance to my house extra hard to get passed by bleaching up the floor, making it extra slippery.

Anything that needs to be spun above the head to gain momentum to hit a zombie is useless, whether it's one zombie or a hundred.

You could also take a bunch of extra long, industrial nails and put them through top quarter of the bad. Should be an instant kill if you strike one in the head with it. ;)

paulannett
15-Mar-2010, 08:06 PM
You could be right, but I'm not so sure the nails would puncture the skull... With a normal bat I'd be knocking heads off anyway, a few nails wouldn't benefit me too much! :p

Wyldwraith
15-Mar-2010, 09:23 PM
Hmm,
What about those of us with working medieval-style weapons in our homes? For instance, I have a very plainly-made one handed spike-and-blade headed axe that was made by a local blacksmith trying to maintain the old ways.

Of course I expect a lot of people would get let down and killed by "battle ready" replica weapons.

For more standard household implements I could see using the metal trashcan lid with its hand-hold on top as a crude shield, and a length of rebar or something similar.

Not very imaginative I know.

paulannett
15-Mar-2010, 10:12 PM
It's not what's imaginative, it's what works!

I'd forget about shields for a little while and, imo, one handed weapons will make you over-balance and will affect your killing power. Stick to bats and bars. Shields may help you push through a small group of ghouls easier, but you're offense would then suffer.

With axes and the like you will have to keep in mind that you will need to wrench the blades back out of the skull, which I don't think would be as easy as it looks in the films!

I'll stick with my bashing weapons with a shotgun as backup!

darth los
15-Mar-2010, 11:42 PM
Hmm,
What about those of us with working medieval-style weapons in our homes? For instance, I have a very plainly-made one handed spike-and-blade headed axe that was made by a local blacksmith trying to maintain the old ways.

Of course I expect a lot of people would get let down and killed by "battle ready" replica weapons.

For more standard household implements I could see using the metal trashcan lid with its hand-hold on top as a crude shield, and a length of rebar or something similar.

Not very imaginative I know.

now that's old school dude. I'm thinking something like army of darkness !!

rightwing401
15-Mar-2010, 11:52 PM
Paul's right about the blade weapons. When using axes and such, a ghoul would have to be hit at just the right angle to penetrate the skull. Anything else would be nothing more than a glance which would bounce off or get lodged into none leathal areas, and leave you completely exposed. Blunt weapons are where it's at. And there's no risk of the weapon getting stuck in flesh.

While anything you have available around the house can be used, the purpose of the thread was to see what people could/would use that would be lying around the house and what they could improvise in a life or death situation.

If I wanted to get into what I had available around the house, there wouldn't be much point in me going through the trouble to rip out 2x4 boards from between my house's walls.

SRP76
16-Mar-2010, 01:12 AM
Why is everyone trying to go all Batman with this? Just use the simple, basic hammer to crack zombie heads, instead of for building some wonky contraption. A whole lot easier, and gets the job done.

Wyldwraith
16-Mar-2010, 03:20 AM
Oh,
I'd at least be smart enough to swing the six/seven-inch spiked end at a zombie's skull. Would use the blade for decapping cripples and/or removing an offending undead limb grasping a comrade. The straight, hard spike point has far less surface area, so would penetrate FAR easier than an axe blade, that's for sure.

I do agree that a 2-handed wielding style is generally the way to go. I was thinking more like using the trashcan lid to help me push my way out if I left it too long getting out of my house.

But yea, every house has a host of effective improvised weapons available. Everything from 2x4s to bats to a large wrench. Anything that'll do the job.

paulannett
16-Mar-2010, 10:07 AM
Oh,
I'd at least be smart enough to swing the six/seven-inch spiked end at a zombie's skull. Would use the blade for decapping cripples and/or removing an offending undead limb grasping a comrade. The straight, hard spike point has far less surface area, so would penetrate FAR easier than an axe blade, that's for sure.
I do agree that a 2-handed wielding style is generally the way to go. I was thinking more like using the trashcan lid to help me push my way out if I left it too long getting out of my house.

But yea, every house has a host of effective improvised weapons available. Everything from 2x4s to bats to a large wrench. Anything that'll do the job.

I would disagree with your bolded statement, unless you got an eye-shot, or you were thrusting the spike downwards, you would kill jack shit! I also think that "decapping" and removing limbs would also be very hard unless you're very strong, your technique is good and your blade is razor sharp.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

Why is everyone trying to go all Batman with this? Just use the simple, basic hammer to crack zombie heads, instead of for building some wonky contraption. A whole lot easier, and gets the job done.

I'd have both a bat and a hammer. I wouldn't risk getting close enough to use the hammer unless I really had to.

AcesandEights
16-Mar-2010, 01:47 PM
Lead pipe and a stick of a butter.

All you'll ever need for both your personal defense and relaxation needs.

bassman
16-Mar-2010, 01:49 PM

Okay....this just took over the double ended dildo for the weirdest weapon award.:lol:

mista_mo
16-Mar-2010, 02:14 PM

Yea, i don't think there is enough butter in the world to make a rusty, brain and blood encrusted lead pipe even remotely pleasurable.

AcesandEights
16-Mar-2010, 02:45 PM
Just like a woman, there's two ends to every pipe.

darth los
16-Mar-2010, 04:49 PM
I don't even know what we're talking about anymore aces. :lol:

AcesandEights
16-Mar-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't even know what we're talking about anymore aces. :

Misogyny.

Anyway, I agree that axes, even tactical tomahawks are overrated for killing zombies. They glance off, or more likely they get stuck...you get killed. Blunt objects, baby. Blunt.

darth los
16-Mar-2010, 05:13 PM
Misogyny.

Anyway, I agree that axes, even tactical tomahawks are overrated for killing zombies. They glance off, or more likely they get stuck...you get killed. Blunt objects, baby. Blunt.

Ah, one of my favorite pass times.

But i digress.

I agree. Did you see the problems blades was having getting his machette out of that zombies skull? He actually needed some help with that.

blind2d
16-Mar-2010, 05:32 PM
That's why you go for decap with blades. Everything else is just asking for that kind of trouble. I really want a crow bar, but... I don't think I should really get one until I have a non-combatitive use for it. Am I right?

BillyRay
16-Mar-2010, 05:43 PM
I really want a crow bar, but... I don't think I should really get one until I have a non-combatitive use for it. Am I right?

Does breaking into things qualify as non-combative? :D

mista_mo
16-Mar-2010, 05:50 PM
I don't think that people realize how hard it is too lop someones head off in one clean motion, especially if the individual using the bladed weapon has little experience in the fine art of one strike decapitations.

That said, anything is better then nothing, and I could see myself using something simple like a rolling pin, or even the door off of my clothes dresser..speaking of which, my cats finally broke that off, most likely in their quest to rub themselves all over my dress pants.

hmm...I reckon that could make a pretty decent impromptu buckler of shorts...This thread has given me some ideas, and it is time to experiment.

darth los
16-Mar-2010, 05:57 PM
It seems to me the dilema is actually cracking/piercing the skull.

What do you guys think about a sledgehammer to the skull? It probably would get tiring fast but all it should take is one clean hit to the skull.

BillyRay
16-Mar-2010, 05:59 PM
A sledgehammer's fine if you have the upper body strength and room to give 'er a good swing. In close quarters, you're kind of @#$-ed...

mista_mo
16-Mar-2010, 06:03 PM
It isn't hard to get winded if you swing a sledgehammer enough times, no matter how physically fit/strong you are. Could be enough to get you out of a tight situation, but eh...I think your interests would be better served trying to find something that is better balanced and or somewhat lighter.

darth los
16-Mar-2010, 06:30 PM
It isn't hard to get winded if you swing a sledgehammer enough times, no matter how physically fit/strong you are. Could be enough to get you out of a tight situation, but eh...I think your interests would be better served trying to find something that is better balanced and or somewhat lighter.

I know, like a hammer. However, that might be too light. it might take too many whacks in order to get the job done.

Just look at stephen at the airport. He has to give that husky bald zombie a couple of whacks with that hammer before it goes down.

Like an old female friend of mine used to say. "It's better for a man too be packing too much than too little. If there's ttoo much you can just use what you need to and put the rest away. However, if there's too little there no one is going to be happy."

Now that's one to grow on. :thumbsup:

SRP76
16-Mar-2010, 06:36 PM
Just look at stephen at the airport. He has to give that husky bald zombie a couple of whacks with that hammer before it goes down.

That's because Stephen's a worthless loser at that point. A normal human being won't swing a hammer in retard-haymaker style and hit a ghoul in the armpit with it, then wind up flopping on his back, trying to bash a head while he has no leverage.

Any non-Stephens would walk straight up to the ghoul, lift hammer to shoulder height, and let out one solid, straight stroke that catches the ghoul above the eye, shattering its forehead and plunging into the brain. Job done.

Wyldwraith
16-Mar-2010, 09:48 PM
Umm,
A spike with significant weight behind it is probably one of the more efficient ways to penetrate a skull with 1-2 blows. At the very least the initial blow will fracture the skull on the side you struck on, and most probably overbalance your target, sending them to the ground. Once weakened, a follow up blow could penetrate the gray matter relatively easily by striking on the same side with the skull fracture.

My comments about decapitation & removing a grasping limb were misinterpreted. By "decapping a cripple" I mean repeated overhand blows to the neck of a zombie that's been damaged to the point its simply flopping on the ground, aka "A twitcher". By removing a limb I meant compromising its ability to continue grasping my hypothetical comrade, which DOESN'T require total amputation. Shredding the muscle and breaking one of the long bones in the arm would make it far easier for someone to get out of such a grip.

I'm well aware of the inherent difficulties in movie magic combat moves in real-world settings. One blow decapitations are not battlefield maneuvers, and amputating a limb with a medieval weapon is a tough proposition. Just look at how many people have been subject to attacks by sharks/crocodilians that the surgeons were able to save the damaged limbs of, and those creatures are exerting vastly more PSI than a man with an axe is capable of.

Ideally it would never come down to melee with a zombie, where you're playing to all of its strengths and away from all of yours, but that's what this thread is about, so...

Hope that clarifies things.

AcesandEights
17-Mar-2010, 02:29 PM
Forget common household weapons! Witness the ultimate in improvised, yet impervious, home shelters. Nothing is penetrating one of these babies, no zombies, not even the laws of physics or common sense! Step on in...

http://blog.moxiecinema.com/pix/grum/071305/fridge2_c.jpg
:D

bassman
17-Mar-2010, 02:52 PM
Any non-Stephens would walk straight up to the ghoul, lift hammer to shoulder height, and let out one solid, straight stroke that catches the ghoul above the eye, shattering its forehead and plunging into the brain. Job done.

You know what makes that scene even worse? Fran standing in the background basically doing the MC Hammer dance.

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/McHammer.gif

"uh oh uh oh uh oh" Make up your mind! Either help the guy or go back to the helicopter. And Ross likes to spit that shit about making Fran a tough woman.....

Has anyone mentioned iron fireplace poker sets? Those might be a useful weapon.

darth los
17-Mar-2010, 03:22 PM
Forget common household weapons! Witness the ultimate in improvised, yet impervious, home shelters. Nothing is penetrating one of these babies, no zombies, not even the laws of physics or common sense! Step on in...

http://blog.moxiecinema.com/pix/grum/071305/fridge2_c.jpg
:D

Not even Nukes. Just ask Indiana Jones. :p

bassman
17-Mar-2010, 03:23 PM
Not even Nukes. Just ask Indiana Jones. :p

This guy is everwhere. This place should be changed to HPotIJ. :p

Speaking of....I wonder if someone that is really good with the bull whip could use it as an effective weapon?...

mista_mo
17-Mar-2010, 03:30 PM
only if the zombie is dressed in black assless chaps, and has a ball and gag in their mouth bassman.

darth los
17-Mar-2010, 03:31 PM
This guy is everwhere. This place should be changed to HPotIJ. :p

Speaking of....I wonder if someone that is really good with the bull whip could use it as an effective weapon?...

He has demonstrated that it can indeed be used effectively. However, against the ghouls which are vulnerable to only brain damage it's hard to see how it would be useful.

bassman
17-Mar-2010, 03:31 PM
only if the zombie is dressed in black assless chaps, and has a ball and gag in their mouth bassman.

Bring out the gimp!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/TheStripes5032/GIMP.jpg

darth los
17-Mar-2010, 03:57 PM
Bring out the gimp!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b272/TheStripes5032/GIMP.jpg

Looking at the gimp's attire got me to thinking. Wouldn't "bite resistant" clothing be just as important?

As we have seen in the dead series you don't always see one sneaking up behind you. If they bite you, so what, you get a mulligan !

One of those Carhart coats looks pretty impervious to bites and you could manuever in it pretty easily.

blind2d
17-Mar-2010, 05:39 PM
I recently got a cool leather jacket, so that'll definitely be my attire of choice for the zombie outbreak. Jeans and sneakers, I'm set.

bassman
17-Mar-2010, 05:45 PM
I recently got a cool leather jacket....Jeans and sneakers.

AYYYYYY. Ready to kill some zombies with my jukebox chop...
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/06/article-1092477-029EC8D0000005DC-550_233x684.jpg

zombieparanoia
23-Apr-2010, 09:49 AM
As someone who does train in machete fighting, I would like to make the case for machete as household item and weapon of great effectiveness.

But on topic of "improvised" I would say use the stake from a patio furniture umbrella, if you're lucky it might have a spike on the end for sticking into grass. Any shovels, sports equipment in general especially if you can improvise some kind of spike onto it or it already incorporates a striking end. Closet rod improvised spear.

Anything that burns.

Epidemic79
30-Jun-2010, 09:21 PM
In my kitchen alone theres a Crowbar and a Machete up on the wall,plus a large survival Knife hidden in the cupboard.

Bathroom has my 1918 Trench knife hidden in an upper drawer.

Bedroom has my Bowie Knife hanging from my headboard,a home modified dumb bell Mace,and a flash light next to my bed. Along with the closet / Armoury with 2 firearms.

Living room has a baseball bat by the door. Plus assorted types of Swords in the main closet.

And the arsenal continues to grow.......