PDA

View Full Version : ...and the Grandfather of the year award goes to...

LouCipherr
16-Mar-2010, 05:35 PM
This moron:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/03/12/police-retiree-hit-kids-with-his-keys.html?sid=101

The 68-year-old grandfather accused of punching children in a Northwest Side Walmart appeared in Franklin County Municipal Court this morning.

Judge Mark Hummer set bond for Ralph Conone, of 5687 Shadowbrook Dr., at $150,000. Should he post bond, Conone was ordered to stay away from his victims and Walmart while the case proceeds.

Caught in the act at his local Walmart on Wednesday night, Conone admitted that for months he'd been punching children on the backs of their heads with his keys in his fist, Columbus police said yesterday.

The grandfather also told them why, police said: He got a kick out of it.

Ok, seriously, WTF is wrong with people?! Punching kids in the back of the head with his keys in his fist?

If I caught him doing that to my kid, I would've beat ass first and asked questions (and called police) later. He would've been lucky to still be breathing. Mental illness or not. :mad:

mista_mo
16-Mar-2010, 05:40 PM
I'm sorry, but that is so ludicrous, that it made me laugh really hard in real life. Good God, I knew people could be obtuse and act in ways that stand out from the social norms, but good God, that just takes the cake.

SRP76
16-Mar-2010, 05:41 PM
Random head punching. Sorry, but the concept is hilarious.:lol:

Problem is he was punching random little kids, who didn't do anything wrong. Meanwhile, you've got drunken shitbags losing their kid at Universal or whatever.

If we could combine the two, we'd have a winner. Let some nutty old bastard walk around punching drunks in the back of the head. It would be perfect.

BillyRay
16-Mar-2010, 05:53 PM
Random head punching. Sorry, but the concept is hilarious.:lol:

Let some nutty old bastard walk around punching drunks in the back of the head. It would be perfect.

Well, St Patty's IS tomorrow...:D

AcesandEights
16-Mar-2010, 05:55 PM
Everyone knows open palm striking is for children, if necessary--say for larger than average children--it can be done E. Honda style.

LouCipherr
16-Mar-2010, 06:02 PM
The concept is indeed funny, yes, but doing it to children in a Walmart? With your keys in your hands?

Grounds for an ass-beating.

mista_mo
16-Mar-2010, 06:05 PM
I seriously cannot stop laughing at the image I keep replaying in my head of some old shithead walking up too kids and punching them in the back of the head.

I never should have read that, as I'm going to have an even harder time trying to get some sleep now....thanks Lou.

Tricky
16-Mar-2010, 06:41 PM
I could understand if he was doing it because the kids were winding him up, but not just for the fun of it! what a cock!
Kids can be absolute bastards to old people though, I once saw a load of 15/16 year old schoolkids surround an old woman in town when she was walking with her shopping, and they were ruffling her hair & pushing her while having a good old laugh about it, I was sat in my car on my lunchbreak reading my paper, and so got out and "had words" (not physically obviously), they soon did a runner when I came storming after them!

AcesandEights
16-Mar-2010, 06:49 PM
I could understand if he was doing it because the kids were winding him up, but not just for the fun of it!

That reminds me. I saw some older dude, maybe in his early 60s, run some smartass kids off the train a week or so back. They were a little loud, but not too bad for city teens on public trasnportation and I barely noticed it till he got in there faces and told them they were acting like asses, got one kid to disembark at a random station just by barking at him, then collar-pulled the kid's whining friend off, as well.

It was great. I actually thought the guy worked for Metro North till I paid enough attention to hear him complaining to the young conductor a few minutes later that he had to do his job for him.

It was great theater.

darth los
16-Mar-2010, 07:24 PM
That reminds me. I saw some older dude, maybe in his early 60s, run some smartass kids off the train a week or so back. They were a little loud, but not too bad for city teens on public trasnportation and I barely noticed it till he got in there faces and told them they were acting like asses, got one kid to disembark at a random station just by barking at him, then collar-pulled the kid's whining friend off, as well.

It was great. I actually thought the guy worked for Metro North till I paid enough attention to hear him complaining to the young conductor a few minutes later that he had to do his job for him.

It was great theater.

If it were me i would have given you REALLY great theater and punched his old ass in his face.

"Listen pops, I know your older than dirt but that doesn't give you the right to get in people's faces." so ya...

:cool:

SRP76
16-Mar-2010, 07:30 PM
I'd put my money on the old man, victory by tko due to stoppage by bystanders.

darth los
16-Mar-2010, 07:33 PM
I'd put my money on the old man, victory by tko due to stoppage by bystanders.

Dude, i don't know if you've ever been on a NY subway but there could be a team of dudes gang raping a woman and no one would even look up from their paper.

SRP76
16-Mar-2010, 07:54 PM
Dude, i don't know if you've ever been on a NY subway but there could be a team of dudes gang raping a woman and no one would even look up from their paper.

I have my own theory on that, based on a pattern I've observed first-hand over the course of several events. I won't go into detail with this theory, since it would require its own thread, but here's the general concept:

Nobody will respond when an innocent is attacked, like your rape victim. But if someone attacks one of the shitbag rapists and attempts to kill them, everyone suddenly gets brave and rushes to save him.

The world is evil, and evildoers are almost invariably protected. Victims are "supposed" to be butchered; an evildoer getting butchered isn't part of the plan.

Since the old man here would be "good guy" in this scenario, it's almost guaranteed that there would be interference on behalf of his adversary.