PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else ticked off at Netflix?

JDFP
16-Mar-2010, 10:32 PM
I don't know if anyone else here regularly uses Netflix and "productively partakes" (a.k.a. wastes) almost as much time there as here, but if you are like me you'll probably have noticed the dramatic changes to the Community/Social features on Netflix the last week or so.

One of the things I enjoyed most about my Netfilx experience was the ability to see what other people on my friends list had rated a movie, and, until last week, it would show you what everyone in your list had previously rated a film. This gave me a great opportunity to know if I'd like or hate a flick. Now I have to wing it without the opinions of those I trust.

Likewise, before the last details' page update there, the film also had links to "Top 10 Lists" that were similar to the film you were looking at getting. This was really helpful to me and actually helped me find the majority of the flicks that I haven't seen but would be interested in seeing. Now this feature is also gone.

In short, this sucks. One of the main reasons I use Netflix online as opposed to Cockbusters... err, Blockbusters Online is because of the community interaction/features, and now it seems that they are now stripping that away. I'm not alone in feeling this way either, there is over 600 mostly extremely negative reviews about the new Netflix details page at the Netflix community and blog page through thier homepage as well as at Hacking Netflix (another "community" ran web-site for Netflix borrowers).

Anyway, I just wanted to whine about it (:rant:) and see if anyone else here is feeling the frustration about all this as I am. In the end, it doesn't amount to a bucket of farts, but if you use the service daily like I do it's frustrating...

j.p.

Danny
16-Mar-2010, 10:37 PM
i wouldnt know, they never gave a shit to bring it over here, we have 5 channels or some bullshit sattelite service where you pay for 15 good channels, and 300 shite ones.

-which is why i have a tv for games and blu rays only and watch all my tv online illegally.

thats right, come get me.:sneaky: