PDA

View Full Version : AMERICAN: the bill hicks story

Danny
18-Mar-2010, 03:22 PM
GaUvt81gH9c

Anyone else want to see this? i heard from some people at sxsw that its apparently a very interesting moving documentary about the man. He was before my time, and sometimes came off as a bit of a prick but the guy was incredibly funny and didnt take shit for it. hope this gets some kind of release over here, luckily the local art house cinema would go ape shit over this so i could probably check it out there.

bassman
18-Mar-2010, 04:04 PM
This is the first I've heard of this documentary, but it looks great! Hicks was a funny man. Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup:

The joke toward the beginning had me howling. "We're christians and we don't like what you said" "well.....forgive me":lol:

kidgloves
18-Mar-2010, 09:30 PM
Im a bit of a Bill Hicks nut. Got everything the man did or is related to him in audio and video format. This looks interesting to say the least.

bassman
24-Mar-2011, 04:55 PM
One year later and we're finally getting word on a US release of this thing. Right now it's scheduled for a few major US cities in April and "All major US cities to follow". Also, the blu ray and dvd will be available June 7th (http://www.joblo.com/digital/index.php?id=8547). Not sure if it's been released yet in the UK....

In case you've missed it, this thing continues to receive phenomenal reviews. I can't wait to get my claws on it...

Danny
24-Mar-2011, 05:05 PM
One year later and we're finally getting word on a US release of this thing. Right now it's scheduled for a few major US cities in April and "All major US cities to follow". Also, the blu ray and dvd will be available June 7th (http://www.joblo.com/digital/index.php?id=8547). Not sure if it's been released yet in the UK....

In case you've missed it, this thing continues to receive phenomenal reviews. I can't wait to get my claws on it...

ive had it on blu ray since last year dude.

bassman
24-Mar-2011, 05:06 PM
HA! Well....we're still waiting over here. What'd you think of it?

Danny
24-Mar-2011, 05:36 PM
HA! Well....we're still waiting over here. What'd you think of it?

Bloody brilliant.